PDA

View Full Version : Bob and Bonnie's dump trailer

fhhhstix
10-22-2011, 11:13 PM
While I was at the East Coast show stepside's dad and mom asked if I would get their dump trailer working and of course I said yes no problem. It also helped that they had brought a banana split cake to sweeten the deal.:D First off after building a few screw drives I thought this would be a piece off cake boy was I wrong. We weighed the trailer 8 Lbs then weighed it full of rubber 24 Lbs and found that it holds 16 Lbs. This box is 30 in long and proved to be a lot harder to lift than I thought it would be, so after making a gear box and completely making a new screw drive I got it to work and was able to lift 30 Lbs with a little effort on 7.2V. This box was bought from freddygeardrive as a box only and they were trying to do the screw drive themselves which they found out is a lot harder than it looks. Here is a video of the trailer lifting the 30 Lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmVjHxWBg2g

Travis.

Stylin n profilin
10-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Nice job travis.....Thats sure is one sweet trailer...:eek::cool::cool:

BRICKNICK
10-23-2011, 01:01 AM
wow that is some serious payload, and it looks sweet also.....nice fix Travis.

spudd
10-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Your the man Travis!!!!
Wow 30lbs impressive

FreddyGearDrive
10-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Boy I just don't know? You say you miss your boyish figure,& your slamin banana split cake in your face?? Dude! You can't keep taken sweets as rc repair payment,& exspect to fit in 34 waist jeans!:rolleyes::D:D:D
Btw,nice job on the trailer!
Now you can look forward to the tip for the job well done.
Maybe a nice cheese cake or something along those lines!:D
FGD

Brian in PA
10-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Nice job Travis!

Brian

ihbuilder
10-23-2011, 09:45 AM
nice job OO as always

Brel
10-23-2011, 09:51 AM
nice work on the trailer

Lil Giants
10-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Is the box made from steel? The lift arms look curved?

Perfect lifting speed, very smooth! Doesn't spring up the 1st four inches like many screwdrives do. Must be the pivot points placed exactly where they need to be? ;)

fhhhstix
10-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Thanks Joe, the box is aluminum it's one of Freddies. The arms are made of steel and I had to bend them to get them to fit in the space I had and get the bottom pivot as low as I could.

Travis

Tamiya Cowboy
10-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Nice work Travy you and Freddy are kings of the screw drive for sure..

Stepside
10-23-2011, 09:07 PM
X2 !!!

Tks a ton for getting this one off the ground! Now its not an "el manuel" dump mechanism! :D

fhhhstix
10-23-2011, 09:29 PM
X2 !!!

Tks a ton for getting this one off the ground! Now its not an "el manuel" dump mechanism! :D

You and your parents are very welcome Rod. It was the least I could do, you and your family do a great job of putting on the East Coast shows and make everyone feel like part of the family.

Travis

cabrover
10-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks Travis I know that Bob and Bonnie will be thrilled!! We are always glad to have you and Izzy in for the shows !!:cool:

Tim

Izzy
10-23-2011, 10:11 PM
very smooth lifting - great work. Bout time too - was wondering if I was gonna have come help.....LOL

(Tim thanks for the compliment - always a good time in your neck of the woods!)

FabOne
10-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Travis-

You're "THE MAN" when it comes to "screw jobs"!! No really, GREAT job.

-TERRY

tc1cat
10-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Nice work!! Now I need you to work on mine:eek: Need to rebuild the dump box first!!

Digger84
10-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Do you have any build pics? I am building my own dump trailer and curious on the screw drives. My dads real one is a frameless but i think that would be a little more difficult without using hydraulics

Izzy
10-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Frameless without hydraulics would be real tough - but not impossible - just wouldn't look
Right though - too hard to hide it right.

fhhhstix
10-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Do you have any build pics? I am building my own dump trailer and curious on the screw drives. My dads real one is a frameless but i think that would be a little more difficult without using hydraulics

I have done several build threads with screw drives and showed how to make them ( http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=48 ) but this time I am not showing how I built it. Don't get me wrong to date I have showed and explained how I have done any thing on my models but Freddy and I have spent a lot of money and time getting the screw drives to work so I think I will keep this one to myself.

Travis

fhhhstix
10-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Boy I just don't know? You say you miss your boyish figure,& your slamin banana split cake in your face?? Dude! You can't keep taken sweets as rc repair payment,& exspect to fit in 34 waist jeans!:rolleyes::D:D:D
Btw,nice job on the trailer!
Now you can look forward to the tip for the job well done.
Maybe a nice cheese cake or something along those lines!:D
FGD

Well at least I am not to ashamed of myself to show up at a truck show.:p:D

Travis

gun
10-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Well at least I am not to ashamed of myself to show up at a truck show.:p:D

Travis

Wow Travis ! Freddy wasn't ashamed of him self maybe his rascal had dead batt. and he didn't have a ride to the show ! Lol