PDA

View Full Version : Appreciation $Fee$

rc_farmer
10-25-2011, 08:44 PM
A couple of the venues that we have access to for upcoming events are techincally free for us to play, display and have fun. Although free is really economical, I and a couple other members have proposed that when these kinds of opportunities present themselves, we should show our appreciation to the facility/sponsor with a monetary donation of 10-20 dollars. Please provide some feedback to this proposal.

p.s. the sponsor doesn't mean me:D

fhhhstix
10-25-2011, 08:50 PM
That sounds fine to me.

Travis

Smokin Joe
10-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Great idea! Joe

tc1cat
10-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Making a donation to the sponsor/facility is great PR for your club. Shows that you appreciate them giving you a place to play and that you are serious about your club/hobby. Don't know if you have any hobby shops in the area but putting up some fliers about the meet can go a long way towards getting a repeat invite besides the donation.

FabOne
10-26-2011, 10:38 AM
NOT a bad idea! I've always felt that people have no problem with free will type givings and most of the time you'd be surprised at the "givings".

-Terry

Tamiya Cowboy
10-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Its is a great idea 20 per person is nothing compared to paying 500 to rent a area.

SmallHaul
10-26-2011, 01:11 PM
If it is a public place that you are actually drawing more people to watch your equipment run and someone else is benefiting financially from it (admission, food drink sales..), you are a free bonus/draw to the event and certainly should not pay to be there. The two large shows that I take my equipment to sometimes have people standing 2 people deep trying see the equipment run...I was told by more than one person (at the National pike steam show) that the rc construction equipment was the hit of the cabin fever show and will probably help bring more people this year...

But, if you are just using space for your club members only to run equipment then yes I agree.