PDA

View Full Version : A big thank you

scalelover
11-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Hello forum members,

My name is Katie, I'm Dans (scalelover) wife. I just wanted to thank the members here for being such a wonderful group of people. As some of you may know my husband has been fighting with some health issues and as of lately he has taken a very harsh turn downward fighting it. I know that he has always admired many of the builders on here and has so many wonderful things to say about this board. He was always trying to show me and explain to me what it was that he changed around or built,and the amount of patience and skill it took him to do so amazed me, he was not generally the most patient person in the world. His passion's were always working on something in this hobby and i just wanted to thank everyone here for helping him to get through these hard times knowingly or unknowingly by just being in this hobby,and inspiring him to continue fighting and working no matter how down he was.

He always described this board as being his inspiration to continue fighting and working harder at managing his illness, and to always work harder on his trucks to make them masterpeices as many others on here do. I can not think of a time when he had anything bad to say about you guys, it was always smiles and oohs and aahs after looking at the pics of the trucks and equipment.

With all that said I more or less just wanted to thank everyone and the operator of the board Freddie? I think thats his name? Believe me I should know it, I here alot about his trucks and trailers. Thank you for having such a great place for all of you to come and share your passion as a group instead of by yourself. It helps people in more ways than you think, I'm sure this will be the first place he will come to once he is back home and I hope it will bring a big smile ear to ear as it always has.

Sincerely

Katie J.

Stepside
11-15-2011, 11:54 PM
thanks for taking the time to post! I hope Dan makes improvements healthwise.

This board is more like a family!

fhhhstix
11-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Katie you and Dan are both welcome and we all wish for his quick recovery. The members here on the forum become an extended family and really look forward to seeing what each of us has been up to and how are builds are coming along as well as getting help and advice when we need it.

Travis

Lil Giants
11-16-2011, 03:38 AM
Pleasure to read you Katie and thank you for your kind words of endearment & praise for all (including your husband) of our efforts to make this a pleasurable escape from everyday's realities. Best wishes for a speedy recovery & better days once again for Dan one day soon. :)

scalelover
11-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Hello all

Well all seems to have gone well with his recovery and rehab. As of talks today with his doctors he should be out on Monday, and im sure this will be the first place he stops for a visit. He has to be going out of his mind without having internet access for the past few weeks. Anyway I just wanted to thank you guys once more for your support and inspirations. Hopefully these will continue to push him further in the positive direction.

Sincerely,
Katie

Tamiya Cowboy
11-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Katie We are all glad to hear Dan is doing much better and will be home soon. It will be great to have his insight and comments back on the board again.. Thanks Mich for letting us know how he is doing and let him know we can't wait to have him back on board..

He must be a strong guy going threw what he has and making it a few weeks with out his internet I know I could not of..

Paul W..