PDA

View Full Version : anyone selling aluminum grills yet?

SuperDutyScaler
11-24-2011, 08:26 PM
i know Joe was selling Pete and KenWorth grills a while ago but stopped, but i was wondering if anyone has stepped in to make and sell them? Ive been searching but i havent found any. Really wanted to know because i want a KenWorth grill bad

Brian in PA
11-24-2011, 10:17 PM
I will be offering a Pete grill, they should be ready in a few weeks. The KW ones not sure yet.

Brian

SuperDutyScaler
11-25-2011, 09:14 AM
thanks Brian. how come no body likes the KDub? Ever part i see is Pete stuff.

ihbuilder
11-25-2011, 09:33 AM
lets put it this way , not that nobody likes ,it's a legal issue , copy right of the name . there are some people who have the right to sell the name plates . its not cheap to have that right :( Joe has been in trouble with pacar for that , from what I hear read

Brian in PA
11-25-2011, 10:33 AM
thanks Brian. how come no body likes the KDub? Ever part i see is Pete stuff.

One reason is that is a little easier to make a king look like a peterbilt. The shape of the hood mainly. Like Steve said too, the legal issues. I love KW also, a W900L is one of my favorites, and I can't forget the A model!!

Brian

diesel950
11-26-2011, 12:01 AM
not sure about an aluminium grill but how about one in resin?

Brian in PA
11-26-2011, 08:53 AM
The resin would be a great idea, but it would only be able to be painted and wouldn't be shiny.:cool:

Brian

Bsorenson79
11-26-2011, 10:53 AM
I will be offering a Pete grill, they should be ready in a few weeks. The KW ones not sure yet.

Brian
Put me in for a Pete grill!

straightpipejakebrake
12-04-2011, 07:13 PM
I am really waiting for one of those KW grilles...like REALLY wanting one. I got the emblems from Garden Trucking already. Just waiting is getting old.

SuperDutyScaler
12-06-2011, 08:43 PM
so no one can machine an aluminum grill that looks like a Kdub's? the emblem isnt painted to look like it then whats the problem? And thats the problem in America, a r/c guy cant make a grill to sell to people who want to make a replica without getting sued for it! They want money thats all, tell Joe to give them two dollars per grill to shut them up

SuperDutyScaler
12-06-2011, 08:47 PM
again why cant anyone sell the grill? the emblem isnt there so whats the problem?

Tamiya Cowboy
12-06-2011, 09:10 PM
You can sell the grill all day long BUT what Joe did is have the KW emblem engraved in the Key hole then he tried selling them as " Kenworth Grill and Peterbilt style grill" This you cant do I am sure there would of never been a issue if he had not tried selling them using there name that is the issue..

I have had 2 made for myself that is the best way to do it.. And Brian is making the other style it just takes time..

ihbuilder
12-06-2011, 09:27 PM
You can sell the grill all day long BUT what Joe did is have the KW emblem engraved in the Key hole then he tried selling them as " Kenworth Grill and Peterbilt style grill" This you cant do I am sure there would of never been a issue if he had not tried selling them using there name that is the issue..

I have had 2 made for myself that is the best way to do it.. And Brian is making the other style it just takes time..

right , I have some late model k100's to make on request + I did a couple 362 petes on request . I just get tied up on wheels from time to time .

SuperDutyScaler
12-13-2011, 02:23 PM
ok i got it, but can you let me know when you get some kDUB grills made? i would like to buy two of them if possible.

fhhhstix
12-13-2011, 05:33 PM
I am working on getting some non Pete grills made and should have a prototype around the first of the year.

Travis