PDA

View Full Version : Airtronics RDS8000 Receiver ?????

Bsorenson79
12-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Hey everyone. I use a Airtronics RDS8000. I have a couple rc's that don't require all 8 channels. My question is, are there other compatible receivers with less channels (like a 3 or 4 channel) that I can use with my radio?:confused:

rc_farmer
12-04-2011, 08:48 PM
You can get airtronics that are less than 8 ch"s. I would wouldn't get less than 6, just in case you may want to change it out to another vehicle.

Brian in PA
12-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Hey everyone. I use a Airtronics RDS8000. I have a couple rc's that don't require all 8 channels. My question is, are there other compatible receivers with less channels (like a 3 or 4 channel) that I can use with my radio?:confused:

Someone may correct me here. I'm kinda new to the 2.4 stuff. I believe that any 2.4 receiver will work as long you bind it? I agree with Rob on nothing less than 6 channels. I have a NIB VG 6000. wanna trade?:D

Brian

Michael S
12-05-2011, 02:12 AM
Someone may correct me here. I'm kinda new to the 2.4 stuff. I believe that any 2.4 receiver will work as long you bind it? I agree with Rob on nothing less than 6 channels. I have a NIB VG 6000. wanna trade?:D

Brian

Thats not correct you cant use any 2.4 Ghz reciver because the run on difrent codes, so you can only use recivers ment for your transmitter.

Michael

Brian in PA
12-05-2011, 06:34 AM
See I figure someone would correct me:o

Brian

Gregg
12-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Also the 6 channel may not work with that Transmitter also. I have heard of guys having trouble with them with the RC tanks we run.
Good radio but the receivers are god awful expensive. That is the main issue.

rc_farmer
12-06-2011, 12:29 AM
This is the rcvr i am using in all my vehicles. You really don't need the long range one (more expensive) I buy these in pk's of 3's, they are cheaper that way.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php/radios-servos/receivers/receivers-for-rc-aircraft/airtronics-rx60-6ch-2-4g-park-flyer-receiver-fhss-1-short-range.html

Espeefan
12-06-2011, 02:37 AM
As long as you stick to the same brand of equipment, ie. your receivers are all Airtronics, you should have no problem binding a receiver with fewer channels to your 8 channel radio. Each manufacturer runs different switching rates on their spread spectrum 2.4 giga-hertz models, but as long as you don't try to mix and match receivers from other brands, you'll be fine.

I am a Futaba guy, but I have run 6 channel receivers, with no problem, on my 12 channel radio. You just can't expect to use all the knobs and toggles for certain features, unless your radio lets you assign a specific knob or switch to the specific channel. My Futaba lets me do exactly this, but not all radios allow it. A lot of the computerized radios now days are extremely programmable.

JAMMER
12-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Hobby People has Airtronics 2.4G 6 channel fhss-1 3 pack on sale for $174.99 right now I just got an email from them. Ed

Bsorenson79
12-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Also the 6 channel may not work with that Transmitter also. I have heard of guys having trouble with them with the RC tanks we run.
Good radio but the receivers are god awful expensive. That is the main issue.

That' the whole reason behind my question. I have a monster truck that I use for my daughter and I to bash around the yard. So I really didn't wanna spend a ton of money on a real good receiver.