PDA

View Full Version : Check Out This Freightliner Cab Over

Bsorenson79
12-04-2011, 07:20 AM
http://www.freightliner.com.au/Trucks/Models/Argosy/Features-and-Benefits.html.

I always wondered why the cab over are still popular almost everywhere but expect America.

dirdydogrc
12-04-2011, 08:40 AM
my question is who is going to be first to model the swing out stair case

civic83
12-04-2011, 09:10 AM
looks alot like the tamiya scania, could likely mod one up.......

fhhhstix
12-04-2011, 09:59 AM
I always wondered why the cab over are still popular almost everywhere but expect America.

Who in their right mind wants to be that much closer to the impact zone.:D

Travis

coligny
12-04-2011, 10:38 AM
http://www.freightliner.com.au/Trucks/Models/Argosy/Features-and-Benefits.html.

Max vehicle lenght in europe certainly make life and design miserable...

Also in europe, when you break down, you call AAA (ADAC or else). In the US, maybe there's need for more independence from the trucker... in these case, COE are quite bitchy to work on (especially If you forgot than one wrench and have to tilt back the cab to fetch it...)

Bodyman
12-04-2011, 10:45 AM
when i was doing body work on them, one of thew other guys jacked it up and forgot
to check the sleeper and a 12" tv went thru the windshield. we had to always clean
out the sleeper befor we lift the cab. also the latch system was a pain to line up
when working on them
steve

rcman
12-04-2011, 11:30 AM
way back when,,, i was in the military and we had an old coe i went to work on it and the latch was broken and no let us know when we raised the cab it just about broke off the frame lucky no one was in front of it.

Bsorenson79
12-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Max vehicle lenght in europe certainly make life and design miserable...

Also in europe, when you break down, you call AAA (ADAC or else). In the US, maybe there's need for more independence from the trucker... in these case, COE are quite bitchy to work on (especially If you forgot than one wrench and have to tilt back the cab to fetch it...)

This Freightliner is the Australian version. I don't think they really worry about length considering they have road trains. :):D

6wheelking
12-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Thats still a cool looking truck and the swing out staircase was a really good idea

Brian in PA
12-04-2011, 06:49 PM
The swing out staircase was actually on the Freightliner Argosy when they introduced it back in the 1990's. It is pretty cool though.

Brian

Espeefan
12-06-2011, 02:50 AM
I'm not much for Freightliner trucks, but I do admit, the Argosy is actually one of the better looking Freightliners I have seen. The swing out stair case is interesting.

aussietruckerguy
12-06-2011, 03:22 AM
In Australia, we have 25 meter limits on a B Double in Victoria, Australia. It makes bonneted prime movers a pain.... Plus cab overs (scania and Volvo) are a lot better in those tight places than a bonneted prime mover. About the impact issues, the newer prime movers are a lot more regulatted in impact inside the cabin, plus if the mover rolls there is not a lot of difference in cabin impact between the two.

Izzy
12-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Looks like a scania hybred ....

ihbuilder
12-06-2011, 08:29 PM
IDK :confused: looks like it ran into a wall :p real trucks got a skating rink in front of the cab :p

doodlebug
12-06-2011, 09:27 PM
I'll stick with my 'Large Hood'! Mack CL.
Cheer's, Neil.