PDA

View Full Version : liebherrmodelle.de excavator

paul1980
12-20-2011, 07:22 AM
Has anyone had any experience with this company and there 944B model?

Are they safe and reliable to order from?

Its a great looking model from the images but the 4-7 month delivery time is steering me more towards the rc4wd 4200XL.

Thanks
Paul

Azonic
12-20-2011, 08:20 AM
They are a good company, the only down side seem to be the delivery time like you said.

A guy from norway have had his 574 loader on order since the summer i think.

How about Vario earthmovers?

paul1980
12-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the reply.

My max budget is around 6000 euro for a built and painted model and i believe the Vario earthmovers cost a fair bit more.

Could also go for the Wedico CAT 345D but im not too sure about that model.

Thanks for the help.

Azonic
12-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the reply.

My max budget is around 6000 euro for a built and painted model and i believe the Vario earthmovers cost a fair bit more.

Could also go for the Wedico CAT 345D but im not too sure about that model.

Thanks for the help.

Ok, i see, the Vario would be around 6700 euros built, painted with scale exterior parts and cabin.

If you have room and the muscles for a Vario, i say spend the extra euros for that one!

Lil Giants
12-20-2011, 03:23 PM
The Vario is really quite simple to assemble, no special tools required. Not much script, and what there is is in german anyway. Some of the photos are lacking specific detail of how every single piece goes together, but given a little thought & trial/error, it builds itself. And the savings would put you well under your limit.

And I don't care what manufacture you buy from, there will always be little problems that need be corrected during ongoing use. I'd highly reccommend that you build it yourself & then you'd have greater knowledge to diagnose the problems when they occur. ;)

pigeonfarmboy
12-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Learn from my mistake and BUILD your model. You're going to have to maintain and take apart the model anyways sooner or later so just build it so you know the best way to do this. I have purchased many parts from AFV-Model which is the sister company to Liebherrmoddele and haven't had any issues. The wait time sure it painful but it's going to be worse if someone is building it for you.

paul1980
12-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks for all the advice.

I understand building the model myself would be the best option but as this is my first model of this tyre and value its a little daunting. Ideally i would like the model at least painted as im useless with the spray gun.

Who offers the best kit with half decent English instructions?

Azonic
12-21-2011, 01:06 AM
This was my first model of this type as well, was also nervous about the hydraulics and such before i orderd mine, but you do save some euros building it yourself as well.

Expect no good manuals from Germany, they are imo very bad all the time, but you can instead get a lot of help from us here that already have build the machines.

Im sure you can order almost all parts painted but still as a kit, send Mike at Vario a mail and he will let you know!

Trust me, im glad i did becuse now i know every single part of the machine if something would break.

elliot330
12-21-2011, 04:49 AM
Hi Paul1980,

I have a 944 Demolition from Liebherrmodelle - this one http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=auto&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.liebherrmodelle.de/shop/product_info.php%3Finfo%3Dp21_Liebherr-Bagger-944-Basis-incl--2-Zusatzventile.html%26XTCsid%3D10f5f354b9bbb8d5b8ca 16919a307fe2

So I can confirm that Frank the builder/assembler of these models is fine to deal with. The wait is a killer, so much so that I even purchased another machine while waiting, but that's a whole different story for another time.

944 pros
Completely finished machine with lots of detail and very nicely assembled
Light enough to carry around and use on your dinning room table
Tracks very well
Very good service, one of my quick release connections snapped, I emailed Frank and with 3 days I had a replacement in the post.
2 year warranty
Cons
You can't assemble it yourself, only comes as a complete kit
it won't dig hard earth, its not heavy or powerful enough.
The delivery time is long.

Vario 850/470 Pros ( I don't own this machine, just played with it for an hour at a show)
Big and very powerful, this thing could dig the foundations for your house.. as Joe and the other owners can testify to.
Option to assembly it yourself
Quick delivery
Cons
Very heavy
Big, so you'll need a fairly large area to play with it.
Early versions didn't track well, but that has been addressed.

RC4WD
Reading Joes review I don't think its fair to compare this machine to the 2 above... yes its cheap and will give you plenty of play time, but expect to have to spanner on it and lot... but that said its a fairly good foundation to start with.

Wedico...
I'll let Joe talk you out of that one ;)

Here's some pictures of mine from the weekend...

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz152/elliot330/c8768893.jpg
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz152/elliot330/076be4eb.jpg
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz152/elliot330/87f8ce7a.jpg
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz152/elliot330/258dc3d7.jpg

Hope that helps... if the delivery time is an issue, email Frank and ask what the latest for delivery is... the website could be out of date?

Any other questions, ask away

Elliot

paul1980
12-21-2011, 06:37 AM
Thanks for all the info.

Elliot - Does the 944 have less power than the Wedico CAT? And who makes the O&K model in your pics? How is that machine compared to the 944?

Thanks
Paul

elliot330
12-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Hi Paul,

I'd say mine has more power than the Wedico, but to be honest we've never compared what they can lift. The 944 is a lot quicker in operation than the Wedico, but that could be down to operator ?

I didn't want to wait for the Liehberr and nearly ordered a Wedico, but went to show in Germany. Once I'd seen the 944 I was sold, I ordered it there and then!

The O&K in the pictures is made by Damitz http://www.damitz-modelltechnik.de/index3.htm
http://www.dermodellbagger.de/

Considered by many to the be the Rolls Royce of excavators - Its 100% hydraulic, the slew and tracks are all hydraulic. While this is realistic they didn't track very well. Damitz have now changed the pump set up and at 100% power they track much better and faster. However the waiting time for a Damitz makes Liebherr look short :eek:

You can also buy Damitz models are varying stages from self assembly to fully built, again as with Liebherr I'd mail them and see what the waiting time is.

Power wise from most powerful to least I'd rate them like this
Vario
Liebherr
Damitz
Wedico

Other than the Vario they are much the same... its just that the Vario is monster powerful.

Also, decide now what you want to do with it. I thought I'd get bored of digging, so ordered mine with extra valves and hydraulics so I can fit grabs and all sorts in the future. If you just want to dig holes then you don't need the extra, thus making the machine a bit cheaper.

PS. I can't see from your profile, What part of the world are you? If its the UK then you are welcome to visit our monthly meets...

paul1980
12-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks for all the info Elliot.

I didnt notice you was from the UK. Im from the south near Brighton.

Where do you hold your monthly meets? I didnt know such clubs/meets existed in the UK so its good to find out they do. I would enjoy coming along some time.

Thanks
Paul

elliot330
12-21-2011, 01:43 PM
No problem, that's the good thing with this forum, its full of good advice.

The photos I posted were from a meet held in Detling in Maidstone.

The construction scene in the UK is small, but getting bigger. There is a fairly large show in February in Brighton, where you'll hopefully see lots of plant.

There are also lots of other events that you can get involved in if and when you acquire a machine.

As others have said, which ever route you go, post a question on here and it'll be answered within 24hours, or I'm only a phone call away if you want to chat. I can build & assemble, just can't paint!

paul1980
12-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks Elliot, its great to know the help and support is there to help answer any questions once i get the model as like i said this will be my first hydraulic model.

I did goto the Brighton model show about 2-3 years ago and i think i saw a Damitz O&K model like yours and that was what sparked my interest. I will go again in February and hopefully see some more plant.

Will you be at the Brighton show with your models?

elliot330
12-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Yep I'll be there for the whole 3 days... I'll have my 944, dumper and tracked loader there.. it's definitely worth a visit this year, there will be at least six 360, four dumpers, wheel loaders, tippers etc, plus all the lorry kit as well. It'll be a good show. If we don't speak before, find me and we can have a chat there.

paul1980
12-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Good to know there will be plenty of plant there.

Was it you i would of seen 2-3 years ago with the Damitz?

Do you have MSN? Would be good to see some more pics of the 944 if you have any?

Thanks

elliot330
12-21-2011, 04:31 PM
If its 2-3 years ago, it would've been a red and white O&K I think :confused:

Not me, I've only been into plant for the last year...

I've got skype, but not MSN. My typing is terrible... so easier to call me if you have any questions!

I will get the 944 out over Christmas and do a full review and post it on here.. I've meaning to do it for a while!

Ulrich
12-22-2011, 04:08 AM
Good Morning folks,
some infos on liebherrmodelle.de:

For Frank and Tom the company was a thing aside regular work. I think they´ve never expected the success of the 944. In october they reorganised their business. Tom is now back in AFV and Frank founded an new company together with Bertold Osswald. It´s called "Premacon". More infos on Trucks&details online.

With this step, they say, they´re improving production and delivering. So sometime soon, the wait hopefully won´t be as long as it´s been in the past. They´ve reacted to that "con".

As far as I´m informed there´ll be some models sold as a kit soon. The first is a Dumper, close to herndrik seipt´s
http://www.truckmodelle-hs.de/bell_58.html
...then rumour says a new excavator.

As far as I can judge, the 944 is a good compromise between performance and looks. Me growing up with liebherr (hard to guess looking at my website ;-)), I can only recommend the 944. In my scratch built one, the pump from frank is running without any problems.
bye
Ulrich

Azonic
12-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Great info Ulrich, very intreseting!

Thanks!

Ulrich
12-22-2011, 06:17 AM
@Azonic:
You´re welcome. I know it´s not easy to get all the information from our german boards if you´re not speaking german. That´s why I try to inform you guys with the most important things.

With premacon (premium machinery construction?) they´re trying to expand in a wider range. Osswald has been in business for over 20 years. He´s a former member of the ScaleArt-team and does production of truckmodels as a full time job. With his possibilities and frank´s ideas I think something great is coming up.

bye
Ulrich

paul1980
12-22-2011, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the info Ulrich.

elliot330
12-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Update of delivery for the 944

Just recieved an email from Frank ref delivery times... currently taking orders for delivery in Week 28. Last week of June 2012, however as Ulrich suggests they are doing everything to try and bring that forward.

So if you are serious! You need to get an order in sooner rather than later. You're more than welcome to have a go on mine if you wish. Otherwise, drop me a PM with your number and we can chat.

I don't think you'll be disapointed with whichever route you take, Vario, Damitz or Liebherr, just need to decide which type of model you want :D

I've been in the same boat and its tough making that decission... its a **** lot of money.

paul1980
12-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks Elliot,

Im just not sure if i can wait until late June 2012..... im so impatient!

How does it normally work with payment? Do you normally pay the full balance when you order or when the model is ready to be shipped? Ill have to e-mail Frank and see what he can do.

Would be great if i could have a quick go on your 944 at Brighton modelshow Elliot...

Thanks again for all the help.
Paul

Snochaser
12-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Wow Elliot, your fleet amazes me! The Liebherr 944 Demolition is the exact trachoe I'd love to have. Can you post a few pictures of all of your stuff together sometime?

Ben

elliot330
12-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Hi Ben and thanks.

Yeah my wife also agrees!

I was going for the basic 944, but also wanted the additional hydraulic connections. But after seeing the demolition version, I had to have that one :D and boy am I glad I did. I love it.

I've been busy at work, so haven't had much time to take photos and review it, but I will do it over the xmas holiday and post back on here.

I'm waiting for the dumper to get back from paint, when its back and assembled I will take some group shots.

Paul, I feel your pain, I was there last year.. waiting, waiting and waiting some more.

I paid a deposit up front, I wanted it in white and then paid the remainder when it was ready for delivery

Yep, come and see me in Brighton..

Lil Giants
12-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Thank you for checking in Ulrich, all good info... the online translators are light yrs better than a decade ago, for sure; but still far from perfect leaving alot of gray area & head scratching. :D

Looking forward to reading your review Elliot of your recent purchases. :)

JAMMER
12-23-2011, 11:28 AM
This may help you with your quset. Ed

Dear customers!

A year of business and great changes comes to an end. Through the establishment of Premacon GmbH out of Osswald Modellbau and Liebherrmodelle,
we have provided an important milestone for a successful future.

In only 4 weeks, we have built up new staff in our company . Well trained people are now able to manufacture our products for you.

You costumers are for us most important. Without you, our company would be only one entry in a register.
You fill it with life by your encouragement, but also by your constructive criticism.
All this helps us to continuously grow and transform your impulses into new products.

The next year is a year of consolidation but also the expansion of its model range.

Look forward with us on a successful 2012.

We wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy new year 2012.

Your Premacon team

Frank Hager, Berthold Osswald, Hans Werner Strauch

PREMACON GmbH
management board: Dipl.- Ing. Frank Hager, Berthold Osswald, Hans Werner Strauch
Marktplatz 4
97234 Fuchsstadt
mail: info@premacon.com

1. Platz: Truckmodell-Star 2011 Liebherr R 944B

paul1980
12-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks Jammer.

Ive spoken to Ric from Precision Models and his has a used Stahl 922 that sounds perfect for me.. Are the Stahl models as good at the Liebher 944 ect?

http://i43.tinypic.com/i59ctt.jpg

Hes asking $5700 RTR for this model with F14 radio and track and spin upgrade - is that a decent price?

Thanks

pigeonfarmboy
12-26-2011, 03:33 PM
I'd just worry about parts support now that Stahl is no more.

rcguyfarms
12-26-2011, 03:42 PM
u can still get parts for the hydraulics, leimbach did not close out. Stahl was the model side of the company.

pigeonfarmboy
12-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Sure, but if one of the tracks or something broke, you'd need to fab a new part is what I meant.

paul1980
12-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Sure, but if one of the tracks or something broke, you'd need to fab a new part is what I meant.

That does sound a little worrying - i think ill give it a miss and hold out for another model.

Thanks