PDA

View Full Version : Our forum and hobby has suffered a great loss!!

fhhhstix
12-20-2011, 08:16 PM
I received a call today from Freddy's wife Sheila, she called to tell me Freddy passed away yesterday. I must tell you my heart sank and I just did not know what to think. I have now had a little time to think about it and I am realizing that my phone will never ring and say Freddygearedrive again and be able to answer it and hear his voice. Most of you know I was real close to Freddy and we talked on the phone most every day so I am feeling at a great loss right now.

RIP Freddygeardrive a truly great friend.
Our prayers go out to Sheila and the rest of Freddie's family.
Travis

Tamiya Cowboy
12-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Well I really suck at this and it is even harder when it is a great friend that I even called "Dad" cause he always talked to me like I was a kid about my business and my life.The man gave me great advise not only in the hobby but dealing with lack of business during the down turn and what to do about it and when I was pissed about something and how to handle it.The countless phone calls between me and Travis and Freddy setting up the new board and all the conversions on what to do after the garden closed and how he stuck his neck out and his wallet to get this board to the great thing it is, it is a truly a great gift he left for us to keep his name going and let none of us forget this. This man was and is a truly amazing person and with him gone it is a huge hole in is left in my life. I like Travis will really miss the weekly ball buster phone call it really did pick you up if you were down to know when you see "Freddygeardrive" on your phone that you were in for it LOL.

I am not sure were really to go from here or how to put it into any more words then this. It has been a truly hard day and my family's thoughts and prayers go out to Sheila and Freddie's children and the rest of Freddie's family.

"LET IT EAT"

RIP Freddy Dad Geardrive I will miss you greatly!

Paul W.

Espeefan
12-20-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm at a loss for words too. I had no idea Freddy even had any health issues that would have lead up to this. Was it a sudden thing? It feels just like yesterday he was building all kind of models and posting about them. Everything was business as usual. I'm going to miss his personality and builds here. He was a one of a kind guy, nice enough to put forth the effort and funds to give us a place to hang out. Rest in peace, Fred. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God Bless.

Lil Giants
12-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Without a doubt, Freddy was the kindess, generous, caring fellow one could ever meet in this lifetime & with a little New York attitude mixed in, quite a comical gent to converse with too. He was an original thinker & very clever at making tough situations simple. He was truly a one of kind that I was looking forward to meeting in person one day soon.

God Bless You Freddy, you were fine gentleman that I'll forever have the misfortune of never meeting in person.

MACK Daddy
12-20-2011, 08:26 PM
I am still at a loss on this news...It was a shot out of nowhere....My condoloences to sheila and the rest of his family.....They broke the mold with freddy and he will surely be missed :(

The RC community lost a huge contributor to this hobby and will without a doubt will feel his loss for years to come :(:(:(

His loud,crass and obnoxious humor is what made up freddy and it's exactly what you liked about him....

FGD A True RC Pioneer :cool:

R.I.P Freddy

Missing Ya Already :(

Alfy

CrimsonCorsair
12-20-2011, 08:27 PM
I am new to the forum, and yet Freddy had already sent me several messages with advice. FGD you are missed.

Stylin n profilin
12-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Our hearts and prayers go out to Sheila and family...FGD will be so missed...He was known and loved by many...He could bust balls with the best of them and make you laugh when you really needed it..God bless Freddy RIP!

ihbuilder
12-20-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm lost for words :( Other then " RIP FREDDYGEARDRIVE " He was and still is , in spirt , a great guy I never got to meet . My prayers go out to his wife and familly .

Brian in PA
12-20-2011, 08:41 PM
He will be sadly missed by all of us here. He was a great person and did a great thing by starting this forum for us to call "home" when the garden shut down. his legacy in the hobby will live on here.

RIP Freddy

Diesel Demond
12-20-2011, 08:48 PM
I am honored to own one of his master peice trailers he built. This hobby took a major loss!

modelman
12-20-2011, 08:51 PM
I didn't know freddy or ever talk to him but I knew his heart was into building great models and promoting the hobby. He will surely be missed and we all should realize we only have today and should embrace what we have. RIP FGD

gun
12-20-2011, 09:19 PM
the times i talked to freddy on the phone he always made me feel like he knew me all my life. i had talked with freddy about a truck build and some of the things we talked about he said wow if we dont do it on your truck do you mind if i do it on one of mine and looking back it was something he prolly done 100 times before and just let me think i had a good idea on my own. i guess im trying to say he made me feel like one of the kids and i only wish i could have got to know him like alot of you did ! life is short so tell some one how much they mean to you as you may not get a second chance ! rip freddy your family will be in our prayers

spudd
12-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Freddy was a great friend and a true gentleman
We talked almost everyday and talked alot about his friends he made on here
It's sad we won't have Freddy around to keep us on our toes and give his brand of advice

You will be missed my friend and may god bless you!!!!!! I love you brother

tc1cat
12-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Wow!! What a shock! My thought and prayers go out to Freddy's family. RIP Freddy.

trucker n
12-20-2011, 09:40 PM
wow im in shock freddy was a pioneer in rc construction thoughts and prayers to his family rip freddy

fhhhstix
12-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Here is a link to Freddy's obituary for anybody who wants the info.

http://niagara-gazette.com/obituaries/x907916499/Frederick-J-Scherrer-Jr

Travis

Stepside
12-20-2011, 09:54 PM
FGD will be greatly missed. His ingenuity and innovations have moved the hobby of scale trucking leagues ahead of where it was just a few years ago.

He will always be remembered.

Izzy
12-20-2011, 10:00 PM
A pioneer, a Mentor, a craftsman, a friend, and a ball breaker. Always a constructive sincere comment on our builds. Always someone to boost our confidence when it's low. He put smiles on our faces and made our bellies hurt from a laugh - even brought tears to my eyes a time or two.

And so the tears come again - we mourne our loss but we also wish him safe passage.

Positive warm thoughts to his beloved family for peace and comfort......

Izzy

russisloud
12-20-2011, 10:07 PM
my prayers go out to his family :(

9W Monighan
12-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Wow, 52, way too young. I just turned 49 yesterday and it makes you think. I never met Freddy but have exchanged messages a time or two. He entertained me with his builds and never ceased to amaze me by producing things at lighting speed with basic tools and a lot of know how.

heavy_duty
12-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Freddy was one of those guys who if you met him once,you would never forget him.I thank GOD for the time we had with this great man,friend,and builder.God bless Freddy's family.

Ed

Bsorenson79
12-20-2011, 10:32 PM
I just wanna give my condolences to all of Freddy's family and friends. I really regret not coming out to a show to meet you guys including Freddy. I never really got to know Freddy. I actually just placed a order with him a week or so ago, and just that little bit of contact I knew he was a very nice,special kinda guy. I really wish I got to know him like you guys did!
R.I.P. FREDDYGEARDRIVE

Dreamweaver
12-20-2011, 10:41 PM
I really suck at things like this so I will just say Rest In Peace Freddy.

I have had the opportunity to talk with Freddy a few times on the phone, I have traded several constructive PM's with him and unfortunately one destructive one. I truly regret the problems I caused for Freddy, but in the end, being the gracious person he is, he not only allowed me back on the forum, he told me as far as he was concerned "Nothing Happened".

He will truly be missed.

~Mike~

pigeonfarmboy
12-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Terrible news. I just spoke with him on the phone on Saturday and he sounded great and upbeat! My condolences to his family and friends. He will certainly be greatly missed.

SmallHaul
12-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Wow, I don't know what to say...52 so young..full of ambition, creativity.. mentally strong, smart...Rest in peace Fred. You will be greatly missed. Wow.

Trucker47
12-20-2011, 11:07 PM
What a shock! I remember talking to him not to long ago about designing some pumps, I always loved his builds they were none less than spectacular. RIP Freddy, You brought wealth's of knowledge to me and the forum, you will be missed.

Chris

RattleKan
12-20-2011, 11:34 PM
I am new to the forum and ironically the only person I spoke to on this forum was Fred. He was going to sell me some frame rails for a trailer. I didn't know Fred as well as everyone else but he treated me like I was one of the regulars. I am shocked as everyone else and RIP Fred and I will be praying for his family. There is never a good time of the year for tragedy but this time of year has got to be the worse. I hope that this forum keeps going strong if anything in memory of Fred. I believe that is what he would want everyone to do.

AZLIGHTNING
12-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Wow, I am shocked and sadened by this news my thoughts and Prayers to Freddy's Family. you will be greatly missed.

pugs
12-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Was not expecting that at all. My condolences to FGD's family, he will be missed around here.

sneff
12-21-2011, 12:23 AM
When I heard the horrible news yesterday at work I was in shock. Immediatly I thought of all you guys here on the forum and how badly everyone would be devastated!!
I spoke with Sheilla this morning and it was so surreal that we were having the conversation that we did.
Thank you Travis for posting the kind words about Freddy because I dont know that I could have done it.
Freddy and I were very close and spent many hours together throwing ideas back and forth. Most of the time i would bust his balls critiquing his latest build even though I would be completley amazed at what he had just accomplished.
The last time he called me about his street sweeper project he was trying to figure out the vacuum and I just blurted out "grab Sheilas dust buster and rip the vac out of it!!" I guess I owe Sheila a new dust buster lol
I think Freddy was really just getting started in this hobby and he was getting better and better every project that he did.
I'm honored to have been his close friend and got the privilage of going to Indy twice with him. (Imagine trying to concentrate on the road with FGD yelling in your ear) lol!!!
You'll be missed by everyone Freddy R.I.P.

Cossett
12-21-2011, 12:47 AM
RIP freddy you were a great friend and always good for a laugh we will surely miss you colour full language and you talent for building and ball busting around here..
Your legacy is this great place you created that brings us all together....
RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Cheers Tracy and Sally

nenard
12-21-2011, 01:22 AM
I had the pleasure of speaking with Fred a few times. By the second conversation he was ball bustin. Great guy, great mind for the hobby. I really appreciate that he took time to talk. Not tryin to sell me anything just explain what went into some builds and give me ideas. Text him and he'd say call cause its to much to explain flippin texting. Truly missed.

glorydays24
12-21-2011, 01:27 AM
I don't know what can be said that hasn't already. I talked to Freddy a couple times on the phone, and he treated me like a person, no rush to get the order and then shove me off. Freddy had an excellent personality, since of humor, and talent and passion for these r/c trucks.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
I am so sadend by the news, I have a lump in my throat.
Why does it seem all the good people leave to early.
Freddy, I will miss you my friend, you will not be forgotten.
GOD BLESS YOU FREDDYGEARDRIVE

Big John

M.Fischersworring
12-21-2011, 06:51 AM
I do not know what to say.
My thoughts and prayers to his Family and all his Friends.
Its a great loss for the RC Hobby and a great loss for this Forum.
Rest in Peace FGD,we will miss you.
Michael

doodlebug
12-21-2011, 08:00 AM
My condolences go out to Freddy's family. RIP Friend!
Neil.

Claus
12-21-2011, 08:11 AM
What can you say but Freddy was cool. There is a lot of talent on this board but I don't think anybody matched his ideas or creativity. He will always be missed.

woodhog
12-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Rip Freddy,my thoughts and prayers to all his family and friends ,and his ex family . He definitely will be missed .

diesel950
12-21-2011, 08:52 AM
RIP FGD from us on the west coast down under

YoungGunz
12-21-2011, 09:15 AM
This really caught me off guard, I didn't even know the guy and my heart sank when i read this..... I never had the opportunity to meet Freddy or to even talk with him. I know that from his builds and his generosity of creating this forum for all of us here, he was truly a great guy. His family and friends will be in my prayers, Rest in Peace.

Stuff
12-21-2011, 09:22 AM
oh my... i dunno what to say. Freddy was awesome!! he went out above and beyond what anyone would do for his hobbies and for his friends!

ill look at my plow he sold me and always remember him :_(

sparkycuda
12-21-2011, 09:34 AM
My contact was only a few conversations, some emails - but always positive and helpful. Too young to be gone, but shared his time here with people, always willing to give, obviously to the hobby, but more importantly, to all the individuals he met.

RIP, Freddy.

Ken

Smiley
12-21-2011, 10:09 AM
I didn't really know him or anything but I had placed an order in the past couple of weeks. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Keith "Smiley" Johnson

RAIDERS
12-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Freddy was agreat guy.glad i got to no him prayers go out to his family..he will be missed...

steamer
12-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Even though I never met him, I think all of us on the forum viewed him as close personal friend. Too young to be taken away. My prayers go out to the family and friends.
Rob

BRICKNICK
12-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Freddy was a guy i only talked to here on the forums, but he was always willing to give advise or technical help to beginners like me. He is part of the reason why everyone on here is so knowledgeable and helpful when it comes helping others. He made it cool to help someone overcome they're lack of experience with this hobby, instead of bashing them like most other forums. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. God Bless FGD

SWAGGER
12-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Oh my God, I can't believe what I am reading. I was just PM'ing him a few days ago about the price of trailer rails. He was going to get a quote from DHL on shipping for me. Now more than ever, I feel like it would be an honor to have something that he made.

What a massive loss to the hobby and to this community and of course, it goes without saying, an even bigger loss to his family and friends.
He was truly a gifted man. I am very new here but have spent so much time reading his build threads with great interest. He was inspirational. I really feel for the family, my little brother only passed away 3 months ago at the age of 25, so I know only too well what is to lose immediate family.

Freddy, unfortunately, I never had the privilage of meeting you, I can't even say I knew you. However, just from what I have read on here, it is very clear that you were a much loved and respected individual. Your sudden passing is very sad and my heart and thoughts go out to your loved ones. May you rest in peace and watch over those close to you. You will still always be an inspiration to everyone on here and as others have said, through this forum, your legend will live on.

Safe journey FGD.

dirtpusher9
12-21-2011, 01:28 PM
First time I want to Indy, Freddy and Sneff were the first two guys I met, and it was like we knew each other for years. Freddy come out to the truck to see if he could help me unload my dozer and we stood out there talking for 30 minuntes about it and the hobby. We went out at 1 am at the show cause he he wanted to see it push dirt so we tore up the flower beds at the hotel. He was a great guy and will be missed greatly.

Thought's and prayers go out to his family and friends. May God give you peace and comfort in your time of need.

sneff
12-21-2011, 02:20 PM
First time I want to Indy, Freddy and Sneff were the first two guys I met, and it was like we knew each other for years. Freddy come out to the truck to see if he could help me unload my dozer and we stood out there talking for 30 minuntes about it and the hobby. We went out at 1 am at the show cause he he wanted to see it push dirt so we tore up the flower beds at the hotel. He was a great guy and will be missed greatly.

Thought's and prayers go out to his family and friends. May God give you peace and comfort in your time of need.

That was a great night Joe, great memories. I hope the maint. guy at the hotel wasnt to pissed about his flower beds lol :rolleyes:

RCLogger
12-21-2011, 02:29 PM
I can't express how much of a terrible loss this news is, Freddy was a ambitious creative person who influenced so many people in this hobby.. To log into this thread and look to see what Freddy was up to each day was a joy... I was always at a loss to understand how he could build his projects so fast and such a high quality...

My condolences go out to his family.

Greg

JZA80
12-21-2011, 02:39 PM
oh no, this is the most sadness thing i ever read for almost 14 years involve in the RC hobby, i'm new in this forum but not new with few other forum, just cant believe my 1st post is for this. i had PM Freddy few time and he did promise me to make me dump bed for my truck and now it never happen, i will miss him and his promise in a good way.
kenny.

rcguyfarms
12-21-2011, 04:08 PM
I hope he is in heaven and my condolences to his family. Losing a family member around the holidays is tuff I know all to very well. Some of my rc buddies who know me understand and I would like to keep my experience private.

straightpipejakebrake
12-21-2011, 04:34 PM
What a terrible loss to the community. I never had the privilage of speaking with him but did PM him quite a few times about his dump bodies and dump trailers just to tell him how awesome they are. He was so far ahead of his time in this hobby. The wealth of knowledge and ideas that this man had were incredible and I am deeply saddened that they will no longer be shared. It was so much fun just to see what he was working on or how far he was pushing the King Hauler kit. When I told my girlfriend that Freddygeardrive passed she knew exactly who I was talking about. RIP FGD

torarne81
12-21-2011, 05:00 PM
:( R.I.P Freddy, was hoping to buy one of your great builds.

DieselKid
12-21-2011, 05:25 PM
Absolutely shocked and extremely saddened by news of Freddy's passing....one **** of a guy that like so many others have been taken from this world way too young.:(

I look back and am thankful for the opportunity to have met Fred face to face when he and his entourage (haha:D) came to the Indy show a couple years back.

As a few have already mentioned the man had a wealth of knowledge covering a wide range...and what's even better is that he would never hesitate to share that gift with those of us here on the forums when questions arose.

A selfless individual and a friend to all! Rest in peace Freddy and may prayers be with your wife and family!

-Alex

Juganought
12-21-2011, 05:34 PM
I am extremely saddened by this news. Yesterday I accidently pressed my messages on the phone only to hear Freddys voice. I spoke with the man on many occasions, a genuine human being, I am at a lost. My heart goes out to his wife and family. RIP... FGD, Gone, but will never be forgotten.

hammer
12-21-2011, 06:29 PM
The R.C. world has suffered a great loss although I did not meet Freddy in person I did have the chance to speak to him about building a trailer and from what I have seen from his work and from speaking to him I could tell he was a man of many talents, and from reading these posts tell he was more than a friend to alot of us he was family and people like that are hard to come by these days.

REST IN PEACE FREDDYGEARDRIVE YOU WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN

TONY

pigeonfarmboy
12-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Thought a new banner might be fitting.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7165/6551520173_133bec76a1_o.jpg

mog
12-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Absolutely shocked when thestuff called to tell me. extremely saddened by news of Freddy's passing. my heart got out to his wife and family. he was a grate sounding bord to throw idea's at and the next time you long on he got it half bilt. hi will be missed but never forgot. R.I.P. FGD

rcman
12-21-2011, 07:39 PM
wow! he was very young! my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I always liked following his builds and wanted to order things from him but now I never will. RIP FDG!

CustomClod
12-21-2011, 07:41 PM
RIP FGD. Thoughts and best wishes go out to friends and family. The RC world has lost one of the best. You will be missed.
I didnt know him personally but his comments and suggestions and all around personality was great. Sad to see him go.

Scott

FabOne
12-21-2011, 09:12 PM
What can I say? I was shocked when I walked in the house tonight and Alex (DieselKid) met me and told me the sad news about Freddy!

What a great guy. Like Alex said, we met him at Indy a couple of years ago and had a great time with him and his buddies.

My condolences to Sheila and the entire family, you're all in my prayers.

R.I.P. Freddy!!

-Terry

Snochaser
12-21-2011, 09:27 PM
I am stunned! The second person this week for me. Another a great person, selfless, welcoming, always willing to share knowledge and inquire about you personally.

Freddy was always willing to help, he spoke as if we knew each other for years. Your talents and sarcasim will be greatly missed. Rest in piece my friend.

rc_farmer
12-21-2011, 11:50 PM
I was and am still truly shocked to hear about FGD. He was a great inspiration to me as a friend and as a model builder. His insight and wit made him FGD. My condolences goes out to his family.

glorydays24
12-22-2011, 01:50 AM

I think the new banner would be a great idea.
I think we all had respect and admeration for Freddy,
and I think Freddy would appreciate this warm thought.
Yes he will be missed, but like a lot of us has said,
not forgotten...But his spirit WILL live on.
God bless the king of builds.

Big John

M.Fischersworring
12-22-2011, 02:18 AM
I like the Banner very much and its a good Idea to use it here.
Michael

B-Train Hauler
12-22-2011, 08:34 AM
What a terrible news... I didn't know him personnally but as everyone here I was a great fans of his realisations and had benefited of his advices and comments. As everyone I want to give my condolences to his family. It's a great loss for the hobby...
I also think that the banner is a deserved tribute to him...

Gaetan

Finster
12-22-2011, 10:15 AM
My only contact with Freddy was his quick replies to my questions about his builds. I'm saddened that I never got to meet him in person. He was a unique character, prolific and clever builder and will be surely missed. I've learned so much just looking at his builds and how he approached problems even without pestering him with questions which he always would answer.
My condolences to his close friends and family. May he rest in peace.

TRUCKMAKER
12-22-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm saddened by the news of Freddys passing. I did not know him personally but enjoyed his build threads and posts. He was definitely a master modeler who will greatly missed on many levels not only in his personal life but in our hobby. Condolences to his family and close freinds. Rest in peace Freddy.

TRUCKMAKER
12-22-2011, 10:30 AM

I think using the banner in tribute to FREDDYGEARDRIVE is the least we could do to Honor him here.

Roadmasters
12-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Freddy was a great man. He was always quick to offer advice and help in whatever way he could. I only had the pleasure of meeting him one, but spoke to him many times on the phone. He was the one looked up to most in this hobby, and when he offered me the position of a moderator on this forum I was estatic, because he was a man of high standards in my life and for him to believe that i could handle the job was great. It has been a awesome experience knowing this great man, and i will never forget him. RIP Buddy

D8R
12-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Did not have the opertunity to meet Freddy but followed all his builds with great interest.
My condolences to family and friends!
Dan

Car5858
12-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Was not expecting that at all. My condolences to FGD's family and friends.

mack kid
12-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Wow what a shock. i am new here but as little as he new me he helped with any question i had. We have lost a great mentor. my heart felt sorrow for his family.

straightpipejakebrake
12-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Just wanted to say one other thing about Freddy. Whenever I am trucking along and I see a dump truck or plow truck I didn't realize I thought about FGDs builds as much as I did. I would see a dump truck and all I could think about was buying one of his dump trailers and just going to town in my yard. I have been wanting one of those since he started making them so if you imagine how many dump trucks you see on the highway, that's how many times I thought of his builds. RIP

cabrover
12-22-2011, 09:51 PM
God be with Freddys family. He will be sadly missed.

scalelover
12-22-2011, 11:39 PM
As many others have said, RIP FGD. I have not been on in a few days and I login to see this, my jaw hit the floor and tears came to my eyes. I not knowing him personally, but through the forums and boards still feel a great loss inside, he was an inspiration to me and has been here for any and all questions and issues I've had or needed help with. This is a great loss to the RC community. My thoughts and prayers go out to Sheila and his family. May you be able to have the power to move threw this and see past the the darkness and always remember the shining light that Freddy was.

You will always be in our hearts and will always be missed!!!!!!

--Dan

doodlebug
12-23-2011, 12:15 AM
I like the banner idea too.
Neil.

Straywolf
12-23-2011, 01:46 AM
My thought's and prayer's go out to his family and all his friends.

Mike

diddys trucking
12-23-2011, 08:52 AM
Just a quick note from the UK our thoughts go out to the family of freddy in this sad time just remember the good times celabrate the man dont morn for him . Truly one of the best scale engineer and craftsman .

In god we trust

Diddys trucking

SWAGGER
12-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Definitely roll with that banner, great idea, great work and a fantastic tribute to FGD.

Tamiya Cowboy
12-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Guys I talked to Freddy's wife yesterday and to here all the great things and comments about him she really enjoys to hear them and she has even given out the board address to friends and family members that did not know about this side of Freddy to check it out and see what other wonderful things this man has accomplished in his life..

So please keep adding your thoughts to this section..

On the changing of the banner we are looking into this and we have look at this in the past to replace what we have. Now with that said is not just a click click thing and it is done. To change it will cost us some money to have the server guy do the code work so we have to do some checking into this.

So so you guys all know the us admis and modds of the board hear your wishes and we are working on a plan for a few things..

But please keep adding you thoughts and prayers to the sections we have set out for Freddy..

Grainfarmer
12-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Well what shall I write about Freddy...?
I didnĀ“t konow him well, because I am joining this forum since just a few months...
But I will miss his reports about "alternative transmissions" and all the comments about this themes here. My thoughts are with his family and frineds.
May he always stay in our minds.

Frank

cjwrctrucker
12-23-2011, 04:42 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with his family. I never met him but he was very knowledgeable in this hobby and his builds were great i always liked looking at his latest projects

Stuff
12-23-2011, 05:15 PM
im glad we can give her some joy in this time.

td9clyde
12-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Wow! I am still at a loss for words .....He's still one of the best builders I have seen, R I P FreddyGearDrive ....It's sadding for the loss to everyone Family and friends

tracksntreadslou
12-24-2011, 01:24 AM
Truly shocked to hear such devastating news..My heart goes out to all his family and friends..I always looked forward to reading his posts and builds..he had quite a scense of humor and very smart and talented ..We will miss him dearly

Pippoe
12-24-2011, 02:50 AM
I never had the chance to meet Freddie. I will remember him as one extremely friendly person and a truly gifted craftsman and modeler.

My condolences go out to his family. I hope you can overcome the loss and find the strength to carry on with your lives.

Pip

Snowman
12-24-2011, 09:20 AM
So sorry to hear this, Fred was the one that made all of this possible. All the great builds, all the great products made and sold here that have improved the hobby so much, all of this because he gave us all a home after the garden closed. He made some truly unique models, one of a kind stuff. My deepest sympathies to his family.

SonoranWraith
12-24-2011, 01:09 PM
I have been out of daily touch with the forums recently. I had been a daily visitor once Freddy gave us a place to share here after Ric folded his forum. So much so that I rarely Scale and became a mod here. I traded a lot of PMs with Freddy and a few phone calls. He was always quick with a joke or ball busting, but very helpful with parts and builds. We talked about his possible move to AZ that never happened and I'd hoped to hook up with him once he moved here. :( RIP friend and best wishes to his family and close friends.

Ogar
12-26-2011, 03:43 AM
Sorry to hear everyone,I hope and pray for his family,wow he was so young.
Not to be nosy or I missed it how did he pass?

Paul

Papy
12-27-2011, 07:29 AM
I didn't know Freddy personnally, but sharing an exclusive hobby like truck/equipment modelling is like being members of the same family.

My thoughts go to his wife and kids and all people who loved him.

kenworth
12-28-2011, 07:07 AM
Even though i did not know him closely. He talked to me here in messages and he sent me some advice on things once in awhile. It is a real downer when someone like him with such innovational ideas and creativity passes. This forum is the key place that helped me build the truck i have today. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

RCTech9
12-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Freddy was a great builder that will be missed by all. RIP.

Vanisle
12-28-2011, 01:54 PM
I was stunned to read this late last night (because I hadn't seen this section before). I never knew FGD but he certainly came across in the forum as a really nice guy and was obviously well respected. It is a terrible loss.

Richard

Sheila
12-28-2011, 05:30 PM
I just wanted to post a message to let you all know how much the tributes to Freddy on this website have meant to me and his family. The donations raised are heartwarming, and I believe you know the family wants that $$ used to keep the website going, since that is the best memorial to Freddy. He loved this website and all the people on it, and please know you gave him hours of pleasure sharing this amazing hobby. Freddy was the best-hearted man I've ever met, and I know he'll be watching and hoping this keeps going strong. I will be reaching out to Sneff when things calm down to post some of his builds for sale. In the meantime, know that you've made an incredibly hard time a little easier and I thank you all from my heart. Keep Fred and I and his family in your prayers. Thanks again.

Lil Giants
12-28-2011, 07:30 PM
A pleasure to read you Mothergeardrive and thank you for your kind generosity to turn the membership's donated funds back into the forum to keep the lights on & doors open to one & all who share in this enjoyable past time. We will all strive to do our best to continue to honor Freddy's legacy & vision for this unique worldwide community of hobbyists. :)

Best wishes for good health & happiness to you Sheila & all your children/grandchildren.

Brian in PA
12-28-2011, 08:38 PM
A pleasure to read you Mothergeardrive and thank you for your kind generosity to turn the membership's donated funds back into the forum to keep the lights on & doors open to one & all who share in this enjoyable past time. We will all strive to do our best to continue to honor Freddy's legacy & vision for this unique worldwide community of hobbyists. :)

Best wishes for good health & happiness to you Sheila & all your children/grandchildren.

Well said Joe. i couldn't have said it better. Thank you Sheila and Freddy!

glorydays24
12-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Sheila, I want to thank you also for wanting to keep the board running.
I had the pleasure of talking to Freddy on the phone a couple of times, and he treated me as if he had known me for years.
Freddy definitley made an impact here on the board with his willingness to help anyone who had a question. Freddy definitely thought outside the box.
Everybody loved and respected Freddy, and he is dearly missed.
You and you family are in our prayers.

Sincerly, Big John

biggusditchus
12-29-2011, 05:21 AM
I would just like to pass on my condolonces and that my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Azonic
12-29-2011, 05:45 AM
****, thats sad, love the creativity of his builds, huge loss. R.I.P Freddy.

dsm4g63punk
12-29-2011, 11:08 AM
I didnt know Freddy personaly like many of you but i followed and admired his building skills since the days of the garden form. He was a true craftsman and will sure be missed.
I had been waiting on one of his dump beds for a project i had been working on. We were in the process of PMing back and forth about it. He had told me he was in the process of moving and had them all boxed up and would get back to me in a few days the last pm he sent me was on the 15th. I was very shocked by the news of his death, he had definitly gone before his time. My heart goes out to his family and his friends... RIP Freddy i dont think ull ever be forgoten by this community

Wheelen Madd
12-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Freddy you will be missed.. I will miss your Skype chats with dad were I was able to chime in on the busting between you and dad.. Thank you for all you have done..

RIP Freddy..

jjackso5
12-31-2011, 07:27 PM
I, like the many here will miss FreddyGearDrive. He was kind to help our group get going again. Our hobby will surely miss him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family.

Rest in Peace.....

Jim
MMSTA

REEVE2007
01-02-2012, 12:38 AM
:(:(:(What a loss. I couldn't believe what I was reading when I first saw this post. Best wishes to the FGD family and may he RIP.:(:(:(

Radiowave Trucking
01-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Well, I don't know what to say except I'm in shock! This is the first time being on here in quite sometime and couldn't believe what I was reading. Never met him in person but through a couple phone conversations and e-mails. Always loved seeing his builds and seeing his new creations come to life.

RIP Freddy

CorbettTrailers
01-08-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. There is never enough words to describe the feelings we feel when a loved one passes away. I never met Freddy but did get to know him on the forum. I will remember him long after I've forgotten everyhing else. My prayers go out to his family.

JensR
01-14-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm so sad to hear that :(
My thoughts and condolences to his family and friends.
I only knew him for a few months, but I could tell what a great chap he was!

will43209
01-21-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm paying my respects to FGD and his family. I never met him face to face, but we've talked a lot. He was a great inventor of things in this hobby, and I've bought a dump truck from him. I'm sad that I he's gone. Take care FGD family.

Radio Control Trucker
01-22-2012, 02:43 AM
FreddyGearDrive was an inspiration to all of us. He will live on in the thoughts and works of this club. We have all been impacted by his instructions and criticisms. His enthusiasm for the hobby will remain as long as we continue to challenge each other to achieve our very best and refuse to accept anything less than perfection from ourselves when we build our models.
My condolences to his family for their loss and May God bless them during this time.

bigtone
03-08-2012, 05:29 PM
I didnt have the pleasure of meeting Freddy, but i can see from this forum that he was a good man. r.i.p.

Spliffy
03-10-2012, 12:38 PM
R.I.P Freddy...

i have only just got back to checking the many forums this been the last, i was extremely shocked and upset to read this post..

my thoughts (all though late) got to his family and friends.

Texasperry
03-26-2012, 04:57 PM
I too have been absent and was shocked to read of Freddy's passing.
I spoke with him only once and that was back when this forum did not exist and most of us were on another forum run by Ric. I also shared many emails. Mostly about snow plowing. Unfortunatly life has put many speed bumps in my path and I have had to put my hobbies on hold for extended periods of time. I come back from an extended abcence and find this sad news.
My prayers will be with his family.
Perry

DuelTruckDriver
04-27-2012, 06:51 PM
D@mn, I can't believe this,! I haven't been one here in a very long time like close to 7 months but I'm so very sorry to hear about Freddy. I didn't know him personelly at all but his post and builds were totally awesome and very helpful to me.:( This sucks to hear about this now, such a long time since it happened. Very very late, but my prayers go to his family and friends..

>Marty<

crazy4yachts
12-19-2012, 01:57 PM
I never got a chance to even meet him but I'm very sorry to about the loss .My prayers go out to his family and may God give them peace and understanding in this time of sadness. God rest his soul.

John

bigford
12-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Wow a year has passed and all i can think is freddy is up there
listening to my mother ***** about my toy trucks :rolleyes:

Miss you freddy!!!!

mudworld
12-19-2012, 03:52 PM
I never met Freddy, but seemed like a nice fellow from the forum r.i.p.