PDA

View Full Version : FGD memorial shirts pics added

scalelover
12-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Well there's been talks and thoughts about doing something extra to help us all commerate him and his builds. After a brief chat with a mod I am starting this thread to be able to get input from all on any ideas or thoughts of what we could do.

Some have thought about the possibility of redesigning the banner, which the mods are already working on. I can assume we would all be willing to help out with this in any way possible. Once we hear from the moderators what can be done, either myself or someone could take a roll in handling that.

I have the idea of possibly doing a t-shirt with a collage type picture, showing some of his great builds on the back side and on the front side maybe doing a small insert of the banner that's been designed? I have a friend dropping by tonight who is willing to do the leg work of designing the collage, using pictures from his threads, or if you guys have specifics/extras you could email them to me at sickcivic04@yahoo.com I also have arranged with a friend who will help out on costs of doing the actual printing/making of the shirts.

If anyone would be interested in this please let me know and I can start working on it and have a preliminary design up in a day or two. I'd just like to know that there is interest in this before I start pulling strings to make it happen. Depending on the final design, costs of the shirts would vary, but with any sales of the shirts, all the proceeds would be donated directly to Freddy's family

Thanks for taking a look at this, and if you guys have any ideas as well please post them here so we can keep his thread clean and free of clutter and so that everyone can see and we can all decide on what the best option is.

-Dan

fhhhstix
12-24-2011, 06:12 PM
The banner will not be changed we had discussed it in the past and Freddy was very stubborn that the banner we have is the one he picked out and wanted, so out of respect we will leave it as it is.

Travis

spudd
12-24-2011, 07:04 PM
I know Freddy had told me that he fought like **** to get this banner so I think it should stay as is !!!!!!!

scalelover
12-24-2011, 07:11 PM
I hadn't realized he went through so much for the current one. That being said I'm all for it staying on the forum, but we could still use a different one for the front of the shirts if people like the more commerative one over the standard. Or even just placing his initials under the current one would work as well. Any thoughts??

--San

fhhhstix
12-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks and yes using the the proposed version on the shirts would be cool as well as using it in your signature like you have is great. I know one member has even shrank it down to make a bumper sticker for his FGD dump trailer.

Travis

glorydays24
12-24-2011, 09:10 PM
I think the t-shirt idea is great. And if it goes through, i'll definitely take one.
There is one down side though, i'm a pretty big guy, so i'll need a 4x t-shirt.
I know the cost would be xtra, but it's well worth it.

Big John

rcguyfarms
12-24-2011, 10:15 PM
I am in on a shirt.

scalelover
12-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks and yes using the the proposed version on the shirts would be cool as well as using it in your signature like you have is great. I know one member has even shrank it down to make a bumper sticker for his FGD dump trailer.

Travis

I Had thought of making LP inserts with it as well, that would fit the tamiya bumpers. I have already started downloading pics and will start on a few different layouts for all to see and if we like any I can get the ball rolling. With enough interest this could turn out great.

At glorydays-- I figure more than one will need BIG ones so sizing won't be any issue, I can get any t-shirt sizes needed.

--Dan

glorydays24
12-24-2011, 11:25 PM
I Had thought of making LP inserts with it as well, that would fit the tamiya bumpers. I have already started downloading pics and will start on a few different layouts for all to see and if we like any I can get the ball rolling. With enough interest this could turn out great.

At glorydays-- I figure more than one will need BIG ones so sizing won't be any issue, I can get any t-shirt sizes needed.

--Dan

LOL!!!

Big John

scalelover
12-27-2011, 01:33 AM
Small update I saw some prelim pics and thought they looked good, she is hoping to have one for me tomorrow that I can post up and hopefully we like it. If we do I would just need a close count of how many people are interested in a shirt so I can get the estimate to have them made. Thanks again guys

--Dan

scalelover
12-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Here's 1st one I did and have another one in process

http://tinypic.com/r/98x8h2/5

Then use this banner for the front side of shirt.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7165/6551520173_133bec76a1_o.jpg

Let me know what you guys think so far or if you have changes you would like to see made or added
Thanks for looking

--Dan

Tamiya Cowboy
12-28-2011, 08:35 PM
I like the RIP FGD banner for a Tshirt it looks good..

doodlebug
12-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Put me down for 1-xl
Cheer's, Neil.

Izzy
12-28-2011, 10:40 PM
I'll take 1 maybe 2 shirts when all settled.

glorydays24
12-29-2011, 03:19 AM
I love it. I don't mean to sound dumb but, the first set of pic's, are you going to pick one, or all? Just curious.

Big John

scalelover
12-31-2011, 01:26 PM
Well its back to the drawing board after the second one didn't save and now disappeared from the computer so ill have another one up soon.

--Dan

TRUCKMAKER
12-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Looks good! I like the collage of pictures. Hope you can get the save thing figured out. Is there enough pictures to make more than 1 style? I be in there with Glorydays looking for a BIG shirt!

scalelover
12-31-2011, 10:47 PM
There should be I downloaded about 40-50 pics, so I could come up with a few different styles. I have enough I could possibly do one for the front and one for the back along with the banner and possibly a saying that he always used.

I'm up for any input that you guys may have,for ideas, or do's and dont's on this, so if there's something in particular your looking for just let me know.

--Dan

glorydays24
01-14-2012, 07:24 PM
How's the progress on the shirts? I'm definitely ordering one.:D

Thanx, Big John

scalelover
01-14-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm having some issues with the pics printing up in full size, for whatever reason after they saved or when I added them to photoshop some got distorted and others very compressed in size. I have been down sick for a few days but am working on getting them all resized and cleaned up to be able to see the fullsize ones and get another option up for you guys. I messaged TC to see if he had any better quality pics, or even ones from his threads that could be sent to me instead of me saving them from the threads because that would take care of having to re-edit them, also helps to maintain the quality.

I had figured some would be weird because I pulled them all off the site, but I've never seen this issue with them being so compressed before,so its taking a bit longer to get them resized while keeping good quality. I will be working on them tonight and tomorrow so I hopeto have an update soon.

--Dan

doodlebug
01-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Hey Dan, Get feeling better first!
Thank's, Neil.

glorydays24
01-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Thanx Dan, hope you get better real soon;)

Big John

scalelover
01-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Alright looks like I'm able to get back at it here. I'll try to have an update here in the next day or two on this. I just need to figure out the issue with the pics and get them resized without all the distorting, or I'll have to re-download them and try again.

Thanks for everyone's patience in this. I hope I can do a good enough job on these to have them up to par!!!

--Dan

scalelover
02-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Alrighty!!!!!! Looks like I've recovered all the pics I transferred them over to another device and they are all in correct sizing now, woot woot!!! Now with that portion completed I can start the actual design.

Is there any style you guys would like to see? Squared/quadrants like original, or a bit more of a random collage, or just certain pics in small,med,large? I can pretty much lay them out in any design so let me know what you'd like to see.

--Dan