PDA

View Full Version : Bill Booz Glen Burnie, MD

Just Bill
01-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Hey everybody! My name is Bill Booz and I just joined last night. I'm from Glen Burnie MD which is about 20min. south of Baltimore. I gotta say that this is the coolest hobby I think I have ever seen. I knew nothing about its existence till last Saturday. I was at the Cabin Fever Expo in York PA and I don't think I have to go on telling you all what I witnessed there! Absolutely incredible! I now have been abscessing about it since! I heard of this forum from Stylin n profilin. You have some beautiful rigs my friend. So if I don't work out as a member here you can blame him. Another one that stuck out to me was PA Brians dump truck. I have been thumbing around here all week and couldn't take it anymore I had to join. I want to get to know you all and as you know I will have tons of questions being new. As you all have prolly guessed I don't have not a one thing to show regarding the hobby..... YET!! I have been doing alot of reading and research though.

A little about me... I'm 29yrs. old. I have a wife of twelve yrs. this Feb. who is five yrs. older than me. We have three kids. Two boys, 17&13, and a girl 7. A 17yr old at 29?? Story for later. I'm a tech. for a forklift dealership in Baltimore. I've been with the company 7 yrs. this Feb. Yes, alot happens for me in Feb. as will this hobby. See, the plan of attack is to hit the wife up for our anniversary and taxes! Before the forklifts I worked at Estes Trucking as a mech. for 3+ yrs. I feel like I'm filling out a job app!:D Before that was automotive. So basically what I'm saying is, I know what a 9/16 wrench is.:rolleyes: Being a forklift tech I also work on heavy equipment. My main customer base is at the Port Of Baltimore so I get to see alot of pretty rigs and heavy equipment coming and going. I'm over flowing with ideas on what I want to build!

I've always had hobbies. Been building static, plastic 1/24 and 1/25 models on and off all my life which seems silly after seeing what you guys are building. I was into racing r/c touring cars several yrs ago. I had a TC3 and Pro4. There was no brushless motors and the best batteries you could get were 3800. I'm out of date I know. I did that for a couple yrs but got burned out trying to keep up with everyone just to be competitive. So I sold all my stuff. Other hobby of mine is going to Lincoln speedway just north of Hanover on sat. nights and watching the sprint cars run.

Basically my plan of attack right now is to get a King Rancher and radio. I have questions regarding my plan so let me know if you want me to post them here or start another thread somewhere else. I look forward to meeting you guys and starting and growing in this hobby with ya's!!

dirtpusher9
01-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Welcome to the forum, Bill. I mite have seen you at the show, was there all weekend it was a good one.

Snochaser
01-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Welcome Bill. You will enjoy it here and start saving or get ready to spend, spend, spend.

The majority of my family is around Glen Burnie ( Annapolis, Severna Park and Harendale)

Ben

doodlebug
01-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Welcome aboard!