PDA

View Full Version : DX6i help needed for newbie

dmess62
07-04-2012, 10:02 AM
First of all I'll say that I know nothing about rc stuff, I'm trying to learn, but I'm having trouble setting up my radio for a stock king hauler. I've been searching on here and youtube, and it might as well all be in Dutch. I just dont understand it. If anyone can help with how to set it up I would appreciate it I'm about to pull my hair out

fhhhstix
07-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Most use the left stick up and down which is throttle for the throttle and left stick side to side which is rudder for the shift. The right stick side to side which is aileron for the steering and right stick up and down is elevator which is used for the support legs if you are using the MFU. This is also the suggested setup for the MFU.

Now with a DX6I if the left stick is spring loaded then I would use the set up above. If the left stick is not spring loaded then I would switch the functions to the opposite sticks so your throttle will be spring loaded. As for putting the shift on one of the switches the DX6I really doesn't give you that option as all of the switches are only 2 pos and they wont allow you to have all three gears.

Set up with both sticks spring loaded.
THRO=THRO (ESC)
RUDD=SHIFT
AILE=STEERING
ELEV=SPARE OR SUPORT LEGS IF USING THE MFU
GEAR=SPARE
AUX 1=SPARE

Set up with only the right stick spring loaded.
THRO=SPARE OR SUPORT LEGS IF USING THE MFU
RUDD=STEERING
AILE=SHIFT
ELEV=THRO (ESC)
GEAR=SPARE
AUX 1=SPARE

Travis