PDA

View Full Version : This would be different?

dabears
08-08-2012, 11:13 PM
So i see this setup all the time but i dont know what its called? i think it would be cool to do with a couple of rollers and a working truck. Can someone tell me what this set up is properly called i cant find nothing on google and this is one of like 4 pics i could get that are of this. More so im looking for more pics of the frame mount for them. I know its 4x4's and 2x4's but how does it attach to the underframe?? thanks for the help heres the setup! :cool:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Stretched%202/8702273.jpg

steamer
08-09-2012, 12:09 AM
This method of delivery is called truck piggy backing. If you type this into Google you'll even find companies that make the front axle to fifth wheel brackets.
Rob

dabears
08-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Thanks Rob!

Espeefan
08-09-2012, 02:35 PM
That would be something cool, and different. I see quite a few Freightliners and Macks delivered like this. Not so many Peterbilts or Kenworths. Odd, because there is a dealer for each, all pretty local and close to each other, in my area. Sometimes they pull the front wheels off, and sometimes the first rear drive axle's wheels too. Not really sure what the benefit is, as the first drive wheels never touch the ground, most of the time. Maybe they pull them off to prevent them from touching, on a longer travel suspension?

FabOne
08-09-2012, 10:05 PM
That would be something cool, and different. I see quite a few Freightliners and Macks delivered like this. Not so many Peterbilts or Kenworths. Odd, because there is a dealer for each, all pretty local and close to each other, in my area. Sometimes they pull the front wheels off, and sometimes the first rear drive axle's wheels too. Not really sure what the benefit is, as the first drive wheels never touch the ground, most of the time. Maybe they pull them off to prevent them from touching, on a longer travel suspension?

If it's not a direct delivery, they're prone to stealing the tires/wheels without having to jack-up the tractor (done at truckstops and etc. real quick).

Espeefan
08-09-2012, 10:26 PM
If it's not a direct delivery, they're prone to stealing the tires/wheels without having to jack-up the tractor (done at truckstops and etc. real quick).

That thought never even crossed my mind! I guess I wouldn't make a good criminal.