PDA

View Full Version : Getting out of the hobby......for a while.

Brian in PA
08-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Hey guys! my wife and kids are getting ready to start a new chapter in our lives. We're getting ready to build a new house. We have been in this one for about 11 years it was a complete remodel that took us 4 years to do. My dad is giving us 10 acres on the corner of his farm for us to build. So I'm gonna take a break from the hobby for a while. with that being said I will no longer have any grills made. I still have a few left so If any one wants one please let me know these just cost to much to get a big lot made and have them sit around. I have no more steps left either. The stainless I have tons of so that wont be a problem. I will be posting some things up for sale soon, one will be the Bruder track loader conversion I did, and the current triaxle that I built, I do have to finish it though. Ill be around but wont be posting much. Thanks!

FabOne
08-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Hey guys! my wife and kids are getting ready to start a new chapter in our lives. We're getting ready to build a new house. We have been in this one for about 11 years it was a complete remodel that took us 4 years to do. My dad is giving us 10 acres on the corner of his farm for us to build. So I'm gonna take a break from the hobby for a while. with that being said I will no longer have any grills made. I still have a few left so If any one wants one please let me know these just cost to much to get a big lot made and have them sit around. I have no more steps left either. The stainless I have tons of so that wont be a problem. I will be posting some things up for sale soon, one will be the Bruder track loader conversion I did, and the current triaxle that I built, I do have to finish it though. Ill be around but wont be posting much. Thanks!

Brian-

Going to miss you big guy! Keep in touch every once and awhile and keep us posted on your house build.

-Terry

Supermario
08-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Awwhhh, but I just met ya :(:(

Your a great guy Brian, Susan and I wish you all the best with the new home :)
Terry is right though, try and say hi once in awhile when you can.....

Mario

dabears
08-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Man thats a bummer for us great for you!! Congrats on the new house!! At least your not leaving the hobby forever! You will return right?? :) LOL I wish you guys all the best with the new house! Just remember you hit the flat side not the pointy side of the nail.

Claus
08-29-2012, 10:21 PM
This is unacceptable Brian, there are a lot of trucks that need your grilles and steps, I guess the house is just going to have to wait. Good luck Brian!

rc_farmer
08-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Brian, U will be missed.....but good luck on ur and ur wife's future planning...

Snochaser
08-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Great to hear the news on your home as we discussed. I do hate to hear you side-lining for a while though. Be sure to check in every once in a while. You've definitely set a benchmark in this hobby, be sure to return please.

Ben

ihbuilder
08-29-2012, 11:11 PM
good luck on the new house Brian . hope you got your hobby area in the planning ;)

glorydays24
08-30-2012, 12:17 AM
Brian, we will miss you very much.:(:(:( But you have to do what's best for you and the family my friend. I want one of your grills, and when I can order one, hopefully you will have at least one for the "GREEN GOBLIN", LOL!!! Good luck buddy.;):)

Big John

Mama Sue
08-30-2012, 07:08 AM
Congrats and best of luck on the new house. With 10 acres you will have lots of room for a play area for your hobby.

Tamiya Cowboy
08-30-2012, 08:39 AM
You forget.. Once you are in the family.. The only way to leave the family is well..LOL!!! You are a lucky man but I have seen picks of your place now I would love to have it if we could only move it to SD..

woodhog
08-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Good luck on the new house project!!Im sure you will be back,if you and your wife make it through the building project LOL.:)

9W Monighan
08-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Good luck. Hope you don't have too many light switches. I was talking to a guy building a house in Bulger and he told me the electrical inspector gets $1.50 per switch.

Lil Giants
08-30-2012, 02:45 PM
It was good to have metcha last January, look forward to seeing you back in the hobby one day soon Brian. Best wishes for your future home. :)

BRICKNICK
08-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Good luck Brian, I wish you the best and good luck.

plow jockey
08-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Good luck and congrats with the new house. Really enjoyed your posts of your awesome builds.Hope to see you back in the hobby,it would be such a waste of talent if you dont.

Brian in PA
08-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Thanks guys! I guess I should have phrased it as taking a break from building. I'll still try and make it to meets. And chat on here. Once I get this triaxle buttoned up I'm not going to build for a while. I have actually been working on our current house, finishing the laundry room , hoping to help increase the value. :cool:

Bigrigger
08-30-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm sorry to see you leave Brian! All your builds are incredible! Good luck on the house, and don't stay away too long buddy! :D

Radio Control Trucker
08-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Brian, it’s good to hear that your family is getting a new home. Congratulations on the upcoming home building. :)

I know how it is to live in one place for a prolonged period of time. I’ve lived at my current residence for the past 39 years. My folks and I changed houses once 27 years ago. We changed from a double-wide mobile home to a triple-wide modular mobile home, but remained on the same ½ acre. ;)

Try to stay current with us on the site, I know how it is to have a job and work at the house too. ‘Time consuming’ just doesn’t say enough. :cool:

We all wish you well and hope that the future is bright for you and your family. Have fun and be safe. :D:D

- RCT