PDA

View Full Version : A Thought for the Day!!

Radio Control Trucker
10-01-2012, 08:22 PM
“We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just models… We build friendships, we build our dreams, and we build into our futures. We drive our trucks small and live our lives large because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never allow ourselves to just be ‘Average’. Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our trucks & tractors, yet can’t wait to shake our hands when we are finished.”*

- RCT

* original quote was by Wyatt Strange / Modified by Jason Lane

Lil Giants
10-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Nice find! Thanx for sharing. :)

pigeonfarmboy
10-01-2012, 10:56 PM
People laugh at me?! :( haha

aussietruckerguy
10-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Thanks for that, It made me smile... Going though way to much crap and its kinda difficult to handle. Glad my family has come together to help me though it.

speedy8305
10-02-2012, 01:16 AM
amen

Mama Sue
10-02-2012, 05:38 AM
Awesome thought of the day. Thanks for sharing...

Brian in PA
10-02-2012, 07:29 AM
so true!

Espeefan
10-02-2012, 11:50 AM
I never really cared what people said about me and my hobbies, but that's a nice quote. Do what makes you happy. Life is to short to live it the way someone else thinks you should.

dabears
10-02-2012, 02:38 PM
People laugh at me?! :( haha

HAHA i do!

No not really :(

Really nice quote! I like it!

plow jockey
10-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Thats a great quote!!Thanks for sharing!!

Bigrigger
10-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Excellent quote, I couldn't agree more!
This forum is more than just a website, it's a community of helpful and creative individuals that collaborate and improve upon what they do, and how they do it. I bet half of us wouldn't own a radio controlled truck if it weren't for these members, and this site. I'm glad I did find this community; I wouldn't want to spend my time, or live my life any other way.
Well said RCT!
We are all part of a RC truck and construction revolution!

Smokin Joe
10-03-2012, 09:13 AM
I never really cared what people said about me and my hobbies, but that's a nice quote. Do what makes you happy. Life is to short to live it the way someone else thinks you should.

The original quote could not be better! Espeefan said exactly how I feel. I learned to build for me. With the most gifted builders sharing talent.

rc_farmer
10-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Very-Well said!

Radio Control Trucker
10-03-2012, 11:24 AM
I personally believe that we build trucks, tractors, and heavy-equipment because it’s what makes us happy, regardless of what other people may think. We’re not in a popularity contest; we build to suit ourselves and be happy. :)

If you’re like me, then the trucks are just ingrained into you from childhood; you eat, breathe, and sleep truck. You were born with a steering-wheel in your hand, diesel in your veins, and could tell the difference between a Kenworth, a Peterbilt, a Marmon, and a Mack before you were even in kindergarten. :cool:

The “Thought for the Day” was just a nice quote that I wanted to share. It seemed insightful and true. We come together for a common cause and encourage each other daily. ;)

-RCT

ihbuilder
10-03-2012, 12:05 PM
for me , I figured out it's cheaper then building the 1:1 scale :eek:and it don't have to go out to werk every day to make a payment :eek: Oh yea it's fun to :D:D .