PDA

View Full Version : Kansas show April 19-21 2013

rockNmayhem
10-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Ok guys so I was approached this morning from one of my customers about how the weekend went and I got to telling him how much fun we had and what all we were able to do. I showed him some of my pics from the weekend and also the video that J.D. posted and he was absolutely ecstatic. He was watching the video like a little kid on christmas waiting to open his first gift. Now he is a very avid owner operator of a construction company and has all the big toys to play with but just watching out little machines brought so much joy to his face he could hardly peel away from the comp.

He is very involved with the local and state wide truck shows that are put on around here and is the president of the state antique truck club that meets here each month. He started thinking and asked me if I could pull something like the St. Louis show off here and I told him I would have to check but I'm sure we could prolly pull something together and have a few guys show up.

Once he heard that he was game on. He started telling me what all we could have, what facilities or warehouses of his we could use, the sizes, materials, and anything at all we needed he would help provide. (like I said before he was like a kid in a candy store)

Anyways I told him it would take a while to get it all set up but I'm confident that I could help him out.

So my question for all you guys on the forum is, "Can we do this"? The show will be located here in Newton, KS which is just 30 minutes north of Wichita, KS if any of you know where that is. It will either be held on April 20th or 27th next spring and will run all day saturday but we could start anytime as soon as thursday or friday and go through the weekend and either clean up sunday or monday if anyone is interested in spending that much time playing.

There will be no cost for anyone to come and play "work" and the facility will all be taken care of. As for hotels we have tons of fancy new hotels less that a minute or two away just around the corner so it is easily walking distance to the area we would be having the show.

I would really like to be able to pull some of the Indy guys and most everyone that made it this last weekend to Ed's in St. Louis to come and have a good time as well as make a meet for some of the guys that are further out west so finally get a meet and be able to enjoy the shows as it is so much enjoyment for the whole group.

I will leave this open to any and everyone to comment on and give me ideas about putting on a show here and hopefully we can get this on the calendar soon enough that plenty of people can make it and we can put on a good show for the antique truck show group and maybe help our hobby grow a little stronger here out west a farther.

Thanks in advance for any help from anyone and if anyone is very interested they can contact me via pm as well and we can discuss more in depth details as to what all could be accomplished for this show.

Tyler

dabears
10-22-2012, 08:34 PM
As much as i would want to go its an 11.5 hour drive (without traffic) for me.. I wouldnt know until a month or so before it to know for sure if i could make it there or not.

woodhog
10-22-2012, 09:20 PM
I will make the trip,heck look at rock crawlers and racers that travel to comps etc. AS long as we can have the weekend im in;)

rockNmayhem
10-22-2012, 10:44 PM
As much as i would want to go its an 11.5 hour drive (without traffic) for me.. I wouldnt know until a month or so before it to know for sure if i could make it there or not.

Aaron it would be great to have ya there if you could make it. We have tons of cattle around here and that cattle trailer you and Bob had this weekend with those globes would definitely be a great conversation piece for around here.

I will make the trip,heck look at rock crawlers and racers that travel to comps etc. AS long as we can have the weekend im in;)

Chris as well with you it would be nice to have ya come and bring Liam as well. We would definitely have saturday and sunday to run along with friday anytime too. I can have the space for any of the time needed so we can have plenty of time to setup, run and tear down without being rushed. :D

Thanks for taking interest and if anyone else would be in for it lemme know.

Tyler

JAMMER
10-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Tyler you are for getting Cabin fever is this coming in April 12 to 14 2013 in York PA and it is a big show with a lot of dirt, 3 truck loads plus venders, auction, a meal and lots of other things to do. Ed

rockNmayhem
10-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Tyler you are for getting Cabin fever is this coming in April 12 to 14 2013 in York PA and it is a big show with a lot of dirt, 3 truck loads plus venders, auction, a meal and lots of other things to do. Ed

Ed that is a big show and would be great for the north eastern guys but for the guys that can't make that trip a more centrally or western located show is much mor feasable. It would be well over a 12 hr drive for me to get there so for the guys further west it would be even worse.

I understand the big show but for those of us further west I'm giving a good opportunity to attend a good size facility and show.

Tyler

rockNmayhem
10-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Ok, so a little more talking with Scott today about what he was thinking for a show and he is looking at providing us with anything from sand, top soil, small rock, electricity in the facility, heat and air depending on the weather and any other amenities that we would need.

He also told me that if we wanted to set up anything such as buildings, a quarry of some sort or any other types of road way or bridges that he had no problem with it as well. He has multiple locations that we could set up in and I would be able to set up prior to the show anything that you guys see fit and that we could have all the time we needed to play "work" all weekend until whenever.

Now he does want people there during the day saturday off and on to bring in more attractions for the antique truck show that will be held but he would like anyone that wants to, to venture over to the show and take a look around and have a good time there as well. The whole thing is open to the public and he said he could open up and area and block it off for spectators to view the equipment operating and also if we had any vendors there, a place for everyone to have a swap meet or selling area.

If any of this sounds up to par for a show please let me know. Also if anyone has any ideas as to what they would like to see or have there it would be great to hear as well.

I am currently talking to Tamiya about coming and setting up a booth for products and have stuff to sell as well but that is still in the early stages as well.

Hope to get some feedback on this from you guys to know where everyone stands.

Thanks,
Tyler

Tamiya Cowboy
10-25-2012, 08:01 PM
It would be nice and I would like to go I too would have to wait till about a month out bad thing for me there is no real goo way to get there but hyw 81 about 8 hrs I would of made St. L but the date was moved and did not work for me.. I got 3 cattle post Ill bring all 3 number 4 might be done by then LOL

rockNmayhem
10-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Paul I would love to have some cattle trailers here at the show as cattle are very well populated around our area. If you can make it that'd be great, we'll have plenty of room for ya to bring as many toys as you can fit. :D

Tyler

rockNmayhem
10-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Well ladies and gentlemen we have an official time and place for the event in April for the truck show. We talked today and the regional truck show will be friday April 19th and saturday the 20th from 9am till 3pm. We will have space setup for us to run the trucks and setup beginning friday afternoon anytime and run till we are done. Our truck show for the rc's will go from friday the 19th till sunday the 21st for packing up and heading out.

The facility is setup very well and has multiple outlets all around and plenty of floor space to run all the equipment we can bring. We will have plenty of tables and chairs to setup for each individual that can make it so everybody has plenty of space to setup and fix things if need be.

There will be a dinner friday evening at the truck plaza for anybody that is comming in for the show that is complimentary and there will be lots of great full size trucks to check out as well.

We are working on rooms for everyone but as of right now it is looking like we may be put up at the hotels around the show free of charge throughout the weekend but we will still have to make sure everything will work out. I would really like to keep the trip as cheap as I can for everyone so hopefully more people will be able to afford to come.

If you guys have any questions or comments please feel free to let me know and I will do my best to get them answered for you.

I have about four people for sure for this weekend and I'm looking to get alot more so we have plenty of participants.

Thanks,
Tyler

bigmudbronco
10-30-2012, 10:18 PM
count me in!! I am in process of rebuilding my king hauler and getting a new trailer. i got nothing in my area. my wife can do a lot of pics and videos.

rockNmayhem
10-30-2012, 10:29 PM
count me in!! I am in process of rebuilding my king hauler and getting a new trailer. i got nothing in my area. my wife can do a lot of pics and videos.

Sounds good, glad to have another member on board with us. I hope we can get a few more followers and put on a great show and also let you guys check out an awesome antique truck show while you are here. :D

Tyler

bigmudbronco
11-03-2012, 10:48 PM
do we know if anyone is going to have a scale garage or shop that we can pull trucks in and out. i am thinking about giving it a try. how many people are 4 sure going?

rockNmayhem
11-04-2012, 10:27 AM
do we know if anyone is going to have a scale garage or shop that we can pull trucks in and out. i am thinking about giving it a try. how many people are 4 sure going?

I will be in the process of building a dock and garage for the trucks to pull into and drive through that will be sided without a roof so you can see your truck. I'm planning a double bay dock and a single drive through shop with the possibility of a fueling station as well. I will probably start building it within the month and have some pics up so you can get an idea of what you are gonna be up against. :D

Tyler

woodhog
11-04-2012, 12:42 PM
I will for sure come out and can bring rubber and pits to load out of.I also am in the process of building a bridge in 5 ft sections and i also have a shop that i could bring,along with some equipment:D

rockNmayhem
11-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Hey Chris the more the merrier!!! We have a lot of room to fill in the shop and whatever we can run with or drive through and load I'm up for. If anyone has anything specific they'd like just lemme know and we'll see what we can come up with.

Tyler

heavy_duty
11-05-2012, 08:29 PM
I AM THERE.Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Ed

rockNmayhem
11-05-2012, 09:10 PM
I AM THERE.Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Ed

Awesome I will be calling you this week Ed to talk about some stuff for the show and some of the projects we talked about at your place. ;)

Keep em coming guys, I have lots of room to keep filling up. :p

Tyler

YoungGunz
11-06-2012, 12:06 AM
I will try my best to make it, I'll have a better idea as the show gets closer

bigmudbronco
11-06-2012, 11:08 PM
if there is anything i can help with let me know!!

bigmudbronco
11-24-2012, 11:12 PM
any new info on this show? is it still on?

rockNmayhem
11-24-2012, 11:48 PM
any new info on this show? is it still on?

Absolutely!!!! The show is still on for all three days in April. The main events will be saturday when everyone is there but we will begin friday when people start showing up just like the St. Louis and Indy show.

From the sounds of it I am already looking at having at least 12-20 trucks and machines there and several assortments of buildings.

I'm also currently working on designing a building that can be demolished, hopefully we will have some other machines there that could get in on the fun and help tear it down and haul it off.

The gentleman that is in charge of the classic truck show is still as anxious as a kid on Christmas about having the two shows in unison with each other. They had their annual Christmas dinner and meeting last saturday and I went with the red truck and tractor to introduce them to what we were planning and I already have a couple of locals very interested in getting into the hobby and building a few trucks up to have at the show as well.

They were extremely pleased that it was very family oriented and welcomed the whole idea with open arms and are saying they want to do anything they can to bring as many guys and their families up as possible to the show so everyone can enjoy it.

I will keep everyone posted on new information as it comes but for now I'm thinking maybe the people that are for sure coming or most likely should leave a post here and we can get a members list going so we can see who all will be there with what machines. :rolleyes:

Thanks for keeping interest guys and I hope to hear from some more of you in the future.

Tyler

Diesel Demond
11-30-2012, 11:46 AM
i also would know more closer to the time but thats driveable for me!

bigmudbronco
01-03-2013, 06:23 PM
how is the planning coming? any of them locals get trucks yet? lol

rockNmayhem
01-06-2013, 03:38 PM
how is the planning coming? any of them locals get trucks yet? lol

The show is still slowly coming along. Nothing major to gloat about right now. There will be more information available within the next month or so hopefully about discounted rooms here at the new hotel just across from the truck show. The manager and I are talking about how many rooms we will be needing and what kind of price break we can get so if anyone is thinking that they have a good shot at being here then I will start taking down count on how many we have and what kinda space we are looking at taking up room wise. The more rooms or people the cheaper we can get them. :D

Anyways as for the locals I do know of another new member on here that is looking at coming that has recently joined the truck scene and I have a few others interested but no trucks yet. I know they are really looking forward to seeing what everyone has at the show and that should get them more involved.

Thanks for keeping interest and to anyone else interested in the show hit me up with any questions or simply post in this thread.

Tyler

kornfed
01-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Tyler santa came through a little late for me and i got my King Hauler late friday night. I have the truck built already lol now to get that parts to modify it at least frame stretch it. Hopefully i will be geting a trailer in the next week or so. So there should be one more truck there in april

Doug

bigmudbronco
01-06-2013, 07:12 PM
cool. you can count on me being there. with wife and little one.

woodhog
01-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Hey Tyler, count me in for sure :D I will bring anything I can load up :)

dabears
01-09-2013, 11:24 AM
What are the exact dates and times? I'm thinking of going and I'll bring what I can fit as well... :)

bigmudbronco
01-12-2013, 07:56 PM
april 19-21. newton ks. not sure on times.

bigmudbronco
01-29-2013, 08:26 AM
Any info on hotels around the show

rockNmayhem
01-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Alrighty everybody. I have been under the weather lately but I was in contact with the owner and manager of the truck stop and we are going to talk tomorrow about some hotel rooms there and see what we can get setup. I would like it if anyone that is definite to post up for sure and if you have a really good feeling that you will make it lemme know as well on here so I can get a good room count to start with. I'm thinking prolly two guys to a room at least and so far I'm looking at maybe 5-7 or maybe even ten rooms? Lemme know what you guys are thinking and I'll see the best I can do. I'll upload a picture of the event flyer for the main show so you guys can get an idea of what we are going to be looking at.

Tyler

rockNmayhem
01-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Here is a quick shot of the poster that was sent out locally to the businesses around here and a small description of what will be there.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/RockNmayhem_2006/Newton%20Wheat%20State%20Truck%20Show/IMG_20130130_195701_218_zps263d7c85.jpg

Tyler

rockNmayhem
01-31-2013, 10:35 AM
Ok so I got ahold of the manager of the new hotel in town which is a Comfort Inn. The rates for that one are as follows.

$93.44 a night for a room with two queens. (if the room is shared by two guys that means it would run $46.72 a night per person.

I asked them if they would allot us some rooms for the show and as of right now we have 10 rooms available for us so if you guys are wanting to go ahead and sign up you can call in and let them know you are with the "Wheat State Truck Show" and they will give you the discounted price.

The final cut off date is April 1st to get a room with the reduced rates.

If a couple of you guys want to go in on a room together let them know and they will put you under a room with the two queens in it.

If you are wanting your own room they are single rooms with a king size bed but they are running $88.99 a night.

The hotel does have a full breakfast complimentary to all the guests, a heated swimming pool, excercise room and a full patio out back with a BBQ on it for those late night steak cravings.

The hotel is located just a block west of the where the truck show will be and is right between a Braums and Montana Mikes Steakhouse.

If you guys are needing any more information just let me know and I'll get you and answer.

The number for the hotel is:
(316)-804-4866
1205 East First St.
Newton, KS 67114

bigmudbronco
01-31-2013, 11:05 AM
Got us room. Thanks Tyler for the info and putting on the show. Can't wait to see everyone and meet.

rockNmayhem
02-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Ok guys have a lot more people asking questions about the show and what all we will have there so here is a quick run down of what I'm looking at having so far.

I'm figuring we'll have several show trucks there along with some working trucks and dump trucks so I have kind of decided to incorporate a little bit of everything for trucks of all kinds. I'm going to be starting on a few things for the show trucks and flat beds or box trucks these next two weeks. I plan on having a full docking area that trucks can pull into and back up to so they can test their driving abilities as well as a fueling station with a couple of pump bays that would have an area big enough to get atleast 4 trucks pulled in to.

I'm also wondering if we have enough guys with dirt working equipment to have a large conveyor system that we could load a hopper and load trucks from as a filling station.

Any ideas you guys have let me know. If any of the guys from St. Louis have any ideas as well lemme know.

If you have already signed up for a room can you either send me a PM or let the others interested in the show on here know? I have had a couple of people ask me about rooms but don't want a single. If you are interested post up here to see if you can split a room with someone as well as the cost. Looks like so far I have two full rooms and a couple more looking for roommates so let everyone know who is looking and let me know what your planning on bringing so I know how much power and space were gonna be needing.

Thanks for all the interest and thoughts guys, can't wait for the show to see you guys again.

Tyler

Dairyland Trucker
02-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Aaron and I are coming down for the show and so far it looks like we will have atleast 11 trucks and 8 trailers right now and if we can get the others finished for the meet we will have another 5 or 6 trucks, we are looking forward to this show.

dabears
02-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Aaron and I are coming down for the show and so far it looks like we will have atleast 11 trucks and 8 trailers right now and if we can get the others finished for the meet we will have another 5 or 6 trucks, we are looking forward to this show.

I think were gonna need a trailer to bring them all.....:eek: I better start making boxes as well as the trucks :p

rockNmayhem
02-07-2013, 06:07 PM

I think were gonna need a trailer to bring them all.....:eek: I better start making boxes as well as the trucks :p

Bob, Aaron good to hear you guys got rooms and that you'll be able to make it. Sounds like you guys are gonna need a semi to bring all your semi's to the show. :p Can't wait to see all the trucks back together again and running around.

Tyler

fuzzy
02-07-2013, 07:17 PM
been keeping an eye on this. i am working on being there. i have an excavator, wheel loader,and dumper. if things work out i'll have some fun in town in kansas .

rockNmayhem
02-07-2013, 07:37 PM
been keeping an eye on this. i am working on being there. i have an excavator, wheel loader,and dumper. if things work out i'll have some fun in town in kansas .

Sounds great, like I've said before we'll have plenty of room for all the toys to run them all. Bring what ya can and we'll make sure you have plenty of dirt, gravel, sand or whatever you wanna haul here to work with. :rolleyes:

I'm looking at having my loader finished by the show so I'll be with ya in the dirt with the tractor and loader once its finished.

Keep em coming guys and I'll keep adding to the show. :D

Tyler

Dairyland Trucker
02-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Well I guess we will have to break in the new cargo trailer I just bought Monday!!!

rockNmayhem
02-17-2013, 07:21 AM
Well guys a quick update I received from Scott yesterday about the truck show. He has been in contact with several big truck customizers and has word that atleast two are coming to the show. Both Chrome Shop Mafia out of Missouri and Wilkins Truck Supply from Oklahoma are coming to the show. They are planning to bring several of their custom builds and some custom parts with them for every body to drool over. Sounds like this just keeps growing in size and if we keep adding trucks too this sounds like a great show.

Tyler

dabears
02-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Well guys a quick update I received from Scott yesterday about the truck show. He has been in contact with several big truck customizers and has word that atleast two are coming to the show. Both Chrome Shop Mafia out of Missouri and Wilkins Truck Supply from Oklahoma are coming to the show. They are planning to bring several of their custom builds and some custom parts with them for every body to drool over. Sounds like this just keeps growing in size and if we keep adding trucks too this sounds like a great show.

Tyler

Sweet!!!

bigmudbronco
02-18-2013, 07:33 AM
This keeps getting better and better!!! I better get to building!

rockNmayhem
02-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Well guys a few questions for everyone attending the show. It has come to my attention that we can be setup in a couple of locations during the weekend and I need to see what everybody would be interested in.

Saturday is the day of the main truck show from 9AM-3PM at the truck stop and surrounding area. Scott would like for us to have some interaction during the show if we could.

Weather pertaining he would like for us to have an area on the pavement located in the main parking lot of the show so that people could come by and see some of the machines in action but I know a lot of guys are like me and don't want to run the risk of people messing with them or their stuff. We will have a partitioned off area around us so kids or some adults can't just run in and start messing with stuff but there is still the factor that people will be all around watching.

I would like to keep everything running throughout the day similar as to St. Louis and what I've gathered from Indy so everyone can have plenty of time to play with their machines and talk to each other as well.

We have a large warehouse area that we can be in as well just a block down from the truck show where we can run till wee hours of the night if you guys so wish to and have plenty of space for setup and repairs if need be. I will have tables and chairs setup for everyone so we will be fine there but my major concerns are about everyones opinions on running at the show itself.

Please let me know your guys input on what you think about it and post up what you have for some suggestions.

My other question dealing with material we will be working with. I know some people like playing in the dirt (come on who doesn't still) but others prefer to keep their machines clean and functioning easily in the rubber materials.

I can get us anything from sand to small gravel or even sandy top soil so there would be plenty to choose from. Now I don't have any small rubber like what is used at Indy and some of you guys have but if enough people prefer it and have a place they know I can purchase it from just let me know and I'll get what you guys think we need.

I'm open to all suggestions on these two questions so I would appreciate all the feedback from anyone coming to the show.

Thanks,
Tyler

rockNmayhem
02-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Also here is a larger and better picture of the truck show flyer in case anyone wants to use it as I know a couple of members have already asked me for it.

http://www.athskansas.org/newton2013r2.pdf

Tyler

bigmudbronco
02-20-2013, 01:20 PM
it all sounds good. i have no problem running outside. there is always a risk running in public. and workng trucks get dirty!! we could do a parade around the truck stop and the custom trucks. also, is the free dinner still on?

bigmudbronco
03-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Show is almost here. Is everyone ready?

fuzzy
03-06-2013, 07:16 PM
I have my room setup. as far as small rubber, mine came from Des Moines ia. you could check with a tire shop to see where they send old tires. i am ok with sandy dirt.

rockNmayhem
03-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Well Gentleman I am going to be having another meeting with the guys putting on the truck show this weekend and getting us started on setup for the show. From the sounds of it we are going to have quite a few machines so I'm gonna make sure we have ample amount of space and power for chargers along with tables for everybody.

If you don't mind, post up how many tables you would like to have so you can put your machines on them rather than having to work from the ground or somewhere else.

Things are really starting to take off around here and we'll get everything settled within the next couple of weeks for everybody.

Still have a few rooms left for anybody looking at coming still so don't be shy and head out for a good time. :D

Tyler

dabears
03-07-2013, 06:38 PM
I will be bringing 2 6ft tables, As for truck parking I took some measurements and I need about a 20ft x 6 ft parking area lol Just saying... maybe 18ft if some sell before then. Also I will have 4 chargers there.

bigmudbronco
03-08-2013, 05:30 PM
We will be good with 1 table. Also, we are building another truck to bring! This is my first truck ge together, so I am not real sure on the room needed. We just are going to have two trucks and trailers. Bringing a charger also

rockNmayhem
03-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Just a quick reminder, almost down to the final one month before the show and things are falling into place. Just want to remind everybody to let me know what all they will need so I can make sure to accommodate everyone the best I can.

Looking forward to having some more information for everybody in the next few days with more details about our little show. :D

Tyler

Fat Boy Fab
03-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Deffinitly gonna be there (i hope!!) bringing 2 maybe 3 trucks would need 2 tables proberly

rockNmayhem
03-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Deffinitly gonna be there (i hope!!) bringing 2 maybe 3 trucks would need 2 tables proberly

Sounds great. As said before the more the merrier. :D We will be glad to have everyone together for a good show.

I have talked to a couple of the other guys last week on the phone and from the sounds of it there is going to be quite a few trucks and machines showing up. I really need to kick it in gear and get my loader going to keep all these dump trucks and trailers hauling.

I also have to get the newest project going and buttoned up for the show that the girlfriend will be revealing at the show. I hope to get her started on it this week. Some of the guys remember her going to the St. Louis show and she won't admit that she is hooked but she did have a load of fun and will now have something all of her own at the show to reveal. :p

Can't wait for the show now and to see everyone. Sounds like it keeps growing weekly which is very good to know. :D

Tyler

woodhog
03-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Hey Tyler, i think i will only nee one table rest of my stuff can sit on the ground;)I will have 3 trucks 3 trailers and excavator and maybe some others. If you think the dirt will flow through a sand master i will bring itas well.If we are playing in the dirt do yall want me to bring my so called bridge?:)

dabears
03-25-2013, 08:58 PM
bring the bridge woodhog why not... is this bldg. we'll be in heated??? at this rate we will need it...

rockNmayhem
03-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Hey Tyler, i think i will only nee one table rest of my stuff can sit on the ground;)I will have 3 trucks 3 trailers and excavator and maybe some others. If you think the dirt will flow through a sand master i will bring itas well.If we are playing in the dirt do yall want me to bring my so called bridge?:)

Chris I would be up for having the bridge as well with all the stuff we have available. There will be room for it so if you can squeeze it in somewhere we'll gladly have ya bring it along.

bring the bridge woodhog why not... is this bldg. we'll be in heated??? at this rate we will need it...

Aaron the building is heated and the weather by then should be nice and warm if not hot again like the last couple of years. We hit 100* several times by mid April last year which is rare but it can still happen. Most of the time the weather is in the 70's to 80's this time of year.

Tyler

woodhog
03-26-2013, 04:55 PM

We will bring it if we have room for sure i think dirt will flow through the grate if not we can rig something;)

YoungGunz
04-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Really short notice, but my girlfriend and I might be heading that way just to get away for the weekend. We would have my truck, dump trailer and my 1/10 pick up. I would only need a table for my tools and for my charger. I'm really hoping I can leave town and come to the show. I should know more tomorrow.

rockNmayhem
04-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Really short notice, but my girlfriend and I might be heading that way just to get away for the weekend. We would have my truck, dump trailer and my 1/10 pick up. I would only need a table for my tools and for my charger. I'm really hoping I can leave town and come to the show. I should know more tomorrow.

Hey J.D. no worries I have plenty of space still and you two are more than welcome to come out as we would love to have ya there. I really wanna see that dump in action again. I hope to have mine working this week if all goes well.

As for everyone else, the show is only two weeks away!!! :eek: I can't believe it's almost here. It sounds like we are going to have a really good turn out and from the sounds of it here as well I have several local guys that can't wait to help us setup and maybe pick up a few trucks that may somehow come up for sale? "Bob & Aaron" "cough" "cough" :p

Anyways I went out to the shop and measured today space wise and in the one main bay in the center it is 25'x100' all the way across the shop. We also have use of both the bays next to it although there are some things set around so the total main area that we will have is approximately a 75'x50' taking up about half the area. I am kinda figuring on having a large area for the dirt of about 20'x20' and all the tables and "pit area" stuff off to the side by the office area and bathrooms.

Dependent on the weather if it is nice enough we will even have an area out front on the concrete pad for more space to run.

We will also have the area setup at the large truck show as well so the public can kinda see what we have and also let everyone mosey around the full size trucks and also have a large area for us to run of about 30'x30' there Saturday afternoon as well.

If anyone has anymore specifics they would like to know about please don't hesitate to ask me on here or call me. If you don't have my number send me a PM and I will get it to you. I will also be making a map with directions this week for everyone that should lead you all to where the shows will be taking place.

Thanks a ton guys and this wouldn't be possible without everyones attendance and cooperation. :D

Tyler

rockNmayhem
04-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Alrighty guys and gals the show is comming up this weekend. I have everything getting ready for the show. The weather is looking great so far and nice and warm. I will be setting up the shop all morning thursday and into the afternoon. We will be fully up and running first thing friday morning and we can even be running thrusday night for those of you comming in Thursday. I will have several tables and lots of chairs setup along with all the dirt and some roadways marked out. We will have a couple of piles one inside and one outside so there is plenty of places to run. I will have some sand as well for something different.

From what I'm gathering from everyone is that we will have a couple of bridges, some conveyors and also several other odds and ends buildings along with a dock I'm putting together this week.

We are going to have an array of stuff for everyone from show trucks to work horses.

If you guys have anything specific you'd like to see there let me know and we will see about making it happen.

Will be seeing you guys this weekend. :D

Tyler

rockNmayhem
04-17-2013, 12:50 PM
For everyone wanting to know where the show is for an exact address here it is.

200 Manchester Ave, Newton, KS

If you need to call me when you get close shoot me a pm and I'll get you my number.

I will gladly direct anyone here as easily as possible.

Will see you all in a day or two. :D

Tyler

dabears
04-18-2013, 11:41 AM
We been on the road for a few hours now! So we are on our way!

TRUCKMAKER
04-18-2013, 01:56 PM
We been on the road for a few hours now! So we are on our way!

Hey Aaron did you pack your RC tornado chaser or your RC snow plow?:p:p:p:D:D:D, Tell Dorthy and Toto we said hi!:D:D:D:D;)

PS. Have fun and take lots of pictures!:cool:

woodhog
04-18-2013, 10:53 PM
We are in Russlleville,Ar we should be more than half way. We are going to leave bout 600 or700 see Yall tomorrow. Didn't have room for the bridge ,guess we gonna have to get a trailer like Aaron .

grumpygrady
04-19-2013, 08:13 PM
please post pictures as the weekend goes along for US that couldn't be there

and/or tell us the web page for the truck show

RoadFlyer
04-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Just reading this post today. Getting my Knight Hauler in the mail next week. Would have loved to go to this meet. Is it possible they will be having it next year? I live in California but would drive out to Kansas for sure. Please post photos and videos of this event and maybe see you all next year.

Anyone know of a meet coming up in a few months out west here?

dabears
04-20-2013, 12:23 AM
Hey Aaron did you pack your RC tornado chaser or your RC snow plow?:p:p:p:D:D:D, Tell Dorthy and Toto we said hi!:D:D:D:D;)

PS. Have fun and take lots of pictures!:cool:

No but almost had to take the trucks out of my house in a boat :eek: My whole city is flooded!!! BUT my basement is dry!! :D

TRUCKMAKER
04-20-2013, 09:43 AM
No but almost had to take the trucks out of my house in a boat :eek: My whole city is flooded!!! BUT my basement is dry!! :D

We got about half the rain you did and watching the news wondered how your house was doing, its good to hear yours is dry!
Woke up this morning to snow!

dabears
04-21-2013, 01:18 AM
We got about half the rain you did and watching the news wondered how your house was doing, its good to hear yours is dry!
Woke up this morning to snow!

one part of the roof that didn't get fixed leaked a little but nothing major at all maybe a bowl full of water...

When I get home and sort thru the pics and videos from this weekend I will post a new thread on it. Had a ton of fun this weekend. Had a great time and got all my trucks nice and dirty!!! :eek: and just like St Louis I used the orange globe like a dozer... HAHAHAHA

rockNmayhem
04-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Thanks to all the guys that came this weekend and enjoyed some play time at the show.

We had a pretty good turn out and lots of fun between both our get together show and the antique truck show. There were lots of spectators drooling over all the little "toys" that we were running and some very envious little kids wishing they were Liam and Jordyn.

I had a great time as did most I believe. We will definitely have this setup going again next year for all those that missed out. I know there will be plenty of pictures for everyone later this evening and throughout this week taken at the show.

Tyler

bigmudbronco
10-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Is there going to be another show next yr?