PDA

View Full Version : Hello from north ca

bkingsley38
11-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Hello I recently discovered this hobby of r/c hydraulic equipment and became instantly fascinated with it. I Have been running logging, construction, and recycling equipment for the last twenty years and love the idea of building scale models of some of the machines I have run. The machines i see on here are beautiful works of engineering and craftsmanship. I would love to hear if anybody has advice for someone starting out in this hobby on a budget, also where would someone find plans for building some of these projects. Any input would be appreciated and I look forward into getting into this hobby.

Dreamweaver
11-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Welcome to the forum... As Dan said this is the best place you can be if you want to get into this hobby.

When you need to know something, all you have to do is ask.

scalelover
11-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Welcome aboard to the best forum for these type of builds. A lot of standard construction equipment,excavators,dozer,dumps etc are available In kit form from several manufacturers, wedico, vario, rc4wd to name just a few. The others you've seen like loggers,graders, and quite a few dozers and so on are all custom built models.

Many builders start by using blueprints/plans from 1:1 units and scale them down to the correct scale. There's others that are just drawn up by the builder. Google helps in finding prints or you can start at www.the-blueprints.com they have a lot of stuff there.

As far as starting on a budget you could always start with a conversion of a bruder toy there are a lot of those on here it will def be cheaper than buying a full kit. If you were not aware of pricing just to give you an idea wedicos,varios, etc can range from about $3000-$8,000 US dollars for kits depending on what options you want etc.

I'd do a lot of searching here on the site and you'll find tons of info on what you need to start and how to's etc etc .

--Dan

doodlebug
11-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Welcome aboard!
Cheer's, Neil.