PDA

View Full Version : What if....

Goose19
01-06-2013, 05:07 PM
...Tamiya released a new 1/14 scale rig. what would you like to see?

-International

-Western Star

-Kenworth

-Peterbilt

-Volvo

-Frieghtliner

if i could figure out how to do a poll i would. include the model as well if you want, even a pic for those who may not know what it looks like. i may have missed one, if so, put it up aswell!

fhhhstix
01-06-2013, 05:16 PM
There is a poll for you.:D

Travis

Goose19
01-06-2013, 05:33 PM
There is a poll for you.:D

Travis
SWEET!

i got it to work the 2nd and 3rd thread...... LMAO

Goose19
01-07-2013, 06:11 AM
No Mack or Cat?

mack was supposed to be up there, cat I forgot about!

I'll put you down for a cat, since you already have a mack. :cool:

doodlebug
01-07-2013, 06:33 AM
Vocational Western Star, I've seen a lot of them in the oilfields, Wyoming & Montana.
I wouldn't mind a CL Mack too.
Cheer's, Neil.

Espeefan
01-07-2013, 08:10 AM
I think I'd have to say give us a Mack. The King Hauler and Globe Liners already lend themselves nicely to both Peterbilt and Kenworth trucks, but a Mack would be something totally different that we've not seen yet. Now if we wanted a truck that looked exactly like it was supposed to, without any body work, I'd say Peterbilt or Kenworth, but most likely any American truck Tamiya offers will look kind of like a couple different trucks.

scalelover
01-07-2013, 04:18 PM
I'd go for an international all day long. Only in hopes it would give me a good base for my current project, but as said above I doubt we'll see tamiya do any American truck as accurate as their imports.

It's just sad that the US company's want so much for trade rights to use their designs,logos, and branding rights.
I think it would open a lot of doors for tamiya if they were able to lock down one of them, wether its INT or Mack or Western Star, etc etc. They all have a good following and I'm sure all of us would be happy with any of them even if it was not our fav pick.

--Dan

Izzy
01-12-2013, 05:46 AM
I vote for the cat - close choice to the Mack.

A32Limited
01-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Either a Peterbilt 587, a Kenworth T800 with 72" sleeper, or an International 9900IX. Those would be my three choices. LOL

ihbuilder
01-19-2013, 03:17 AM
OK , this thread is telling me something ;) .I'm just throwing a few ?'s here as a feasibility study ;). Does it have to be tamiya ? Integrate with tamiya parts ? Metal or plastic cab or make base cab in metal and make different hood options .Does it have to be branded ? Kit form or completed model ? IMHO , Paccar brand trucks are economically out of the ? .

Espeefan
01-19-2013, 11:36 AM
OK , this thread is telling me something ;) .I'm just throwing a few ?'s here as a feasibility study ;). Does it have to be tamiya ? Integrate with tamiya parts ? Metal or plastic cab or make base cab in metal and make different hood options .Does it have to be branded ? Kit form or completed model ? IMHO , Paccar brand trucks are economically out of the ? .

Steve, we know you are machining up your own cab. Thinking of offering something, are you? :D

I don't really understand the licensing problems. Ertl, Wedico, DCP, Sword, Norscot, and everyone else can get approval from all the big truck names. Surely Tamiya could too, if they wanted. There is something else going on here. Tamiya just doesn't want to do it. They probably think an American brand truck would not be as popular as what they are already offering for the European market. Even the trailers do not really ressemble any North American prototypes.

ihbuilder
01-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Steve, we know you are machining up your own cab. Thinking of offering something, are you? :D

I don't really understand the licensing problems. Ertl, Wedico, DCP, Sword, Norscot, and everyone else can get approval from all the big truck names. Surely Tamiya could too, if they wanted. There is something else going on here. Tamiya just doesn't want to do it. They probably think an American brand truck would not be as popular as what they are already offering for the European market. Even the trailers do not really ressemble any North American prototypes.

I'm not entirely sure on the licensing yet Nate . I got a patent layer who has worked with ertl for various licensing . I'm starting to believe that alot of the issues with them who shall not be mentioned here is , they just did without asking 1st.

I'm starting to kick the idea around or have been ;) I got into making the parts I do because I couldn't get what I wanted . And someone asked for some at the right timing .

Espeefan
01-19-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm not entirely sure on the licensing yet Nate . I got a patent layer who has worked with ertl for various licensing . I'm starting to believe that alot of the issues with them who shall not be mentioned here is , they just did without asking 1st.

I'm starting to kick the idea around or have been ;) I got into making the parts I do because I couldn't get what I wanted . And someone asked for some at the right timing .

That's how it all starts, isn't it? I wouldn't mind making parts for other people too, but I have hard enough time trying to build my own trucks, let alone trying to fill orders as well! I don't know how you keep up!

ihbuilder
01-19-2013, 04:41 PM
That's how it all starts, isn't it? I wouldn't mind making parts for other people too, but I have hard enough time trying to build my own trucks, let alone trying to fill orders as well! I don't know how you keep up!

with help ;) and a pro size vmc . Even with that it's hard :( I'm starting to look at things a little different for the future . This isn't gona happen overnight .

Goose19
01-19-2013, 07:52 PM

I guess you have a point, doesn't need to be tamiya brand, just be 1/14 scale really.