PDA

View Full Version : Try this?

Izzy
01-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Ever notice that the linkage set-up on a Tamiya US style truck kinds stinks? That the linkage wants to rotate at the transmission? That were left with the feeling that it will never be properly in gear.

Having built a Euro style truck where they provide that little bracket that helps to keep the linkage in alignment, I tried to build a bracket myself. It worked but looked like trash. Big bulky and looked like a mistake.

So it came to me ......
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii94/Isleifr/IMG_0089.jpg

Use a 1/8" universal unit to link the shift shaft to the linkage shaft. Since mine were plastic it was easy to thread for a set screw.

What ya think? IS this something new? Had you already tried this?
Izzy

Lil Giants
01-08-2013, 09:27 PM
I just drill a hole thru the white plastic ball-socket head & screw a long enough 3mm bolt right into the locking collar, keeps everything from twisting for a positive shift.

This works especially well in my 6wds where the trans is raised an inch above the frame, making the shift shaft quite a ways above the shift rod.. using a much longer bolt & a lock nut to secure the long bolt tightly to the plastic ball-socket head, screwed right into the lock collar on shift shaft.

Your idea looks pretty trick Izzy. :cool:

dabears
01-09-2013, 04:44 AM
Not a bad idea! I'll have to try it

Izzy
01-09-2013, 03:56 PM
I hear ya joe - I have my shift servo on the IH mounted directly to the trans.

Dabears - thanks

:)