PDA

View Full Version : Tamiya Actros 1851 Megaspace

M.Fischersworring
01-29-2013, 06:06 AM
Hi
Today i heard that Tamiya comes up with a Mercedes Actros Megaspace.
Toy Fair in Nuremberg starts tomorrow.
I hope to find some Pics soon.

Michael

M.Fischersworring
01-29-2013, 07:25 AM
Well,I am a German Guy but im bored to see these Euro Trucks at all.

I would like to see a International Lone Star from Tamiya.

Michael S
01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Here is a pic of the new tamyia MB http://www.ratgeberspiel.de/news/spielenews/neuheiten-von-simba/

BRICKNICK
01-29-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm not a huge fan. I'm a little tired of the euro style trucks, they all look alike to me, no offense to any of you euro truck guys. To me I think like your typical American, I want a huge cab, a huge sleeper, a long wheelbase, preferably a long hood, and chrome ....lots of chrome. All of which I usually don't find in any euro style rigs. Congrats to the Euro truck guys on getting a new Pony in your stable. And I guess its good news that they even made a new tractor, that way we know they still have plans for the tamiya semi line to continue.

Goose19
01-30-2013, 05:48 AM
i love the fact Straya' has all trucks from all around the world! i know bruder and ertl, and revell do those, but for a proper rc tamiya, i think the cost of getting the licence for that is too much, plus they may not be able to, with these other companies, having signed up with them.

tamiya is in its own class, being r/c and multinational as they are. I cant see it being "american greed" as they have ford licensing. if ertl has the paccar brand, they may not be able to have another company compete with ertl, but again I doubt it, they're nothing alike a far as product or the markets they seek. just my $.02

M.Fischersworring
01-30-2013, 06:52 AM
Well,you Guys should not worry about Tamiyas last release.
Remember,Tams first Rig was the King Hauler,followed by the Globe Liner.
Then came the two Mercedes followed by the Ford Aeromax and the Knight Hauler.
After a Volvo and the Two Scanias comes the Mercedes Actros.
This year as a 4x2, probably next year as a 6x4.
And then its Time for a nice American Rig.
Just wait and see.........

Michael

fhhhstix
01-30-2013, 12:46 PM
In my opinion it is not that PACAR wont license Tamiya to make them. It is more about the price, a lot more of the EARTL Pete's will be sold at $40.00 compared to a Tamiya at $400.00+. It is the volume that allows them to do it just like Bruder and their line of trucks. Look at a Wedico they are $900.00+ for a static model for a reason, and agree or not it's not that they are better than what else is out there.

Travis

M.Fischersworring
01-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Travis
The Unlicensed Wedico Conventional Complete Kit is sold for 800 Euro in Germany.

The Peterbilt on the same Chassis costs 1100 Euro,so I think this Price Difference must be nearly the Licence Fee for Paccar.

Michael

WhiteWolf McBride
02-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Gotta nods to OzT there,

Was clancing through the Bruder catalog for scale options, and noticed the Mack cabs on many of the designs. From the tractor, to dumper, to cement, and a few others, lots of options. Then again, I'd want it just for the cab, so scarf the cheapest one, eh?

Gotta agree, Tamiya tends to cater to the Euro market more... but I think its partly two reasons: one, they buy more, so Tamiya caters to the bigger market, but they also are not as miserly with their rights, so Tamiya can make the models.

Then again, I think its support... there is that rumor that the German tankers helped buy the rights from KMW so that Tamiya could make the Leopard 2A6. Would any others help to buy the rights for an Abrams from General Dynamics Land Systems (assuming GDLS would sell them for a similar amount?) I doubt it. And the Israeli's wouldn't let them near the Merkava.

But there is one line they could go to that wouldn't be a rights issue: The WW2 CCKW 353, aka the " Deuce & 1/2 ", though sadly, it'd be a fight whether to make it 1/14 or 1/16. And we might be able to get an 'as-kitted' 6x6 as well...

Ah, dreams.

WhiteWolf

BRICKNICK
02-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Gotta nods to OzT there,

Was clancing through the Bruder catalog for scale options, and noticed the Mack cabs on many of the designs. From the tractor, to dumper, to cement, and a few others, lots of options. Then again, I'd want it just for the cab, so scarf the cheapest one, eh?

Gotta agree, Tamiya tends to cater to the Euro market more... but I think its partly two reasons: one, they buy more, so Tamiya caters to the bigger market, but they also are not as miserly with their rights, so Tamiya can make the models.

Then again, I think its support... there is that rumor that the German tankers helped buy the rights from KMW so that Tamiya could make the Leopard 2A6. Would any others help to buy the rights for an Abrams from General Dynamics Land Systems (assuming GDLS would sell them for a similar amount?) I doubt it. And the Israeli's wouldn't let them near the Merkava.

But there is one line they could go to that wouldn't be a rights issue: The WW2 CCKW 353, aka the " Deuce & 1/2 ", though sadly, it'd be a fight whether to make it 1/14 or 1/16. And we might be able to get an 'as-kitted' 6x6 as well...

Ah, dreams.

WhiteWolf

I know most of the guys here on this site would all probably pitch in a bit if we knew it would help tamiya license a new American style tractor like a Pete, kw, mack, freightliner or IH.