PDA

View Full Version : OT 64bit/32bit

ihbuilder
01-29-2013, 03:44 PM
sorta off topic ? here :o How do you check to see what your puter is on a dell (or any ) winders puter ? :confused::o

tracksntreadslou
01-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Steve Go to start then computer on the right then system properties on top

scalelover
01-29-2013, 04:39 PM
How old is it Steve? Also I'm pretty positive windows vista was the first 64bit for "mainstream" pc. Higher end systems had it, but it was not as common on regular home or business comp. unless you specifically ordered it as a 64bit.

Are you looking into this for a new cad program?

--Dan

ihbuilder
01-29-2013, 04:55 PM
How old is it Steve? Also I'm pretty positive windows vista was the first 64bit for "mainstream" pc. Higher end systems had it, but it was not as common on regular home or business comp. unless you specifically ordered it as a 64bit.

Are you looking into this for a new cad program?

--Dan

a few, Maybe solid werks and 1 cnc . visualmill is getting extremely frustrating . I'm going to start with SW 1st . Mostly I need Winders 7 for my mac up here in the office to put my acad in . I want to keep them compatible . I like mac 1st puters I learned on . winders just seems so backwerds . :confused: loading my pics with my newer mac is instant whereas on the ol winders takes forever :eek:

thank you Lou :)

edit : 2002 werk station Looks like a 32

scalelover
01-29-2013, 05:45 PM
I work on Mac as well other than my pc for bobcad/cam and my predator program. I def prefer the Mac over them even though I really only started with them about 2 years ago. They allow you to use more functions and see to be a lot easier to navigate to me.

--Dan

Finster
01-29-2013, 06:12 PM
If you are looking for something that operates like AutoCAD, may I suggest DraftSight. It's so similar to AutoCAD I don't know how they got away with it. I know it has a 32 and 64 bit version. Plus it's free! Here's the download page: http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/download-draftsight/