PDA

View Full Version : It's finally here!!!!!

scalelover
02-05-2013, 05:19 PM
It's been 9 months in the making but my new crawler is finally here.

Born last night at 11:56pm

8lbs 3oz and 20 3/4 tall

Pics to come soon!!!!

--Dan

ihbuilder
02-05-2013, 05:24 PM
It's been 9 months in the making but my new crawler is finally here.

Born last night at 11:56pm

8lbs 3oz and 20 3/4 tall

Pics to come soon!!!!

--Dan

congrats Dan , now you need a robot to mount a swing to then you can program it to rock the lil crawler while you work ;)

Tamiya Cowboy
02-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Very cool Dan congrats.

WhiteWolf McBride
02-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Congrats.

As well as the power-rocker (they do make clockwork swing-beasts, remembers 'em from idjit-nephew infant days) you're gonna need a wider and more robust lowboy/flatbed, and semi to pull it... As for the crane, um... save your $ and stick with human-power.

But speaking as one who's operated R/C's with micro-humans around, watch out when they get to the grabby-paw stage. Any grabbable parts get grabbed, like antennas and such, so watch out. Even as a crawler, unless you can evac the RC fast enough, you CAN get Godzilla'd/Cloverfield'd/whatever.

Lesse, last 1/4 lunar cycle, end of the Dragon year (changes Feb 10 to Snake) and a Capricorn (Jan 15 to Feb 14) and thats all I can do as an amateur.

PS: You dinna say... it a boy or a girl crawler?

PPS: and safety-proofing an apartment for a CAT is bad enough, OY! ;)

scalelover
02-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Sorry about that, "it's" a boy. He's my second child, but hes my wife's first child.

Oldest: Landon Allen

Newest: Oliver Michael

What's even better is the wife is already on board for RC for him
Her one stipulation is if we do RC I have to back off the Legos for him. Because my first is a huge Lego fan and likes RC, but has tons and tons of Legos....

So it was a pretty easy decision for me Lego or RC..hhmm.

--Dan

glorydays24
02-05-2013, 09:32 PM
CONGRATULATIONS DAN!!!:D:D:D That's wonderful news, and very happy for you.:):D:cool:

Big John

scalelover
02-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Thank you very much guys, I'm stoked and can't wait to get them both home safe and then I can get some time to surf the rc world with him.lol.

At IH: that's not a bad idea, maybe something where once he's coordinated enough he can push the buttons for me..lol

Here's a pic

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/scalelover/family/8E54B825-CDCA-4322-8917-D454AC24B5F8-12987-00000D5655D12CBD_zps55bf1ab2.jpg

--Dan

Mama Sue
02-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Congratulations! He is beautiful..

WhiteWolf McBride
02-06-2013, 01:10 AM
Cute lil munchkin!

As for Lego ~or~ RC - ain't you seen some of the new Lego Technical stuff? Go look at the Lego website... offroad, trucks with cranes, crawlers... it even has ME interested!

And bonus is Oliver Michael can get the younger-class Lego's handed down from Landon Allen. Just teach Landon decent storage, and put the build-manuals away safely (sommat I'm trying to teach my youngest nephew) and they'll be good to go later on.

Hm, 10 years, he'll be just in time for the semi-s to be re-released by Tamiya again, judging from the tanks and buggies coming out again... :eek:

WhiteWolf

TRUCKMAKER
02-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Congrats! Dan, he's a cutie, they are a riot when they're little!

ihbuilder
02-06-2013, 06:22 AM
dan there's a guy on PM that did that I'll have to look it up . At 5 , his daughter was pushin buttons :eek:

dabears
02-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Congrats!

Lil Giants
02-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Congratualtions Dan. :)

JAMMER
02-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Congratulation Dan look very sweet now but give it time. Ed

rc_farmer
02-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Congrats!

scalelover
02-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Cute lil munchkin!

As for Lego ~or~ RC - ain't you seen some of the new Lego Technical stuff? Go look at the Lego website... offroad, trucks with cranes, crawlers... it even has ME interested!

And bonus is Oliver Michael can get the younger-class Lego's handed down from Landon Allen. Just teach Landon decent storage, and put the build-manuals away safely (sommat I'm trying to teach my youngest nephew) and they'll be good to go later on.

Hm, 10 years, he'll be just in time for the semi-s to be re-released by Tamiya again, judging from the tanks and buggies coming out again... :eek:

WhiteWolf

That's one thing I'm def. familiar with is the Legos. I've been a fan since I was a child and my oldest is still playing with stuff I had. He keeps all his manuals together in the stackable style containers, along with cases of minifigs and all his sets he generally keeps them built so pieces not get lost. He's got all age groups from reg all the way through technic. So there will def be enough to go around later on.

As for the re releases here's hoping tamiya keeps it together and the timeline should be about right..lol

--Dan

scalelover
02-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Congrats! Dan, he's a cutie, they are a riot when they're little!

Thank you.

dan there's a guy on PM that did that I'll have to look it up . At 5 , his daughter was pushin buttons :eek:

Well send me a link already, its never to early to get him started.

Congrats!

Thanks

Congratualtions Dan. :)

Thanks

Congratulation Dan look very sweet now but give it time. Ed

I'm sure if he's as devious as I was or his big brother is ill have my hands full.

Congrats!

Thanks.

Thanks a ton guys, its great seeing how this forum works and feels like a big family. I'm sure you will be seeing more pics and the new toys that ill get......

--Dan

sgt hopkins
02-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Congrats on the new addition sir!

Goose19
02-06-2013, 03:41 PM
congrats on the newest rc'er. :D

pumptech
02-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Congratulations on the new arrivial !!:D :)
Bring on the Enfamil formula for newborns ,my baby boy is 3 months now and he is sure going through it.
Nice pic of your baby ,he's a cute one ..

scalelover
02-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Thanks SGT.

Thanks Goose

Thanks pumptech and luckily Moms breast feeding so no formula for this one..... As long as all keeps going well with it I won't have the extra expenses, cause I know that s%#t is not cheap!!!!!

--Dan