PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Parts Help

george
02-11-2013, 07:49 PM
No wanted or for sale posts in this General Discussion forum & you also don't meet the requirements to use the B/S/T either at this time.

Admin

scalelover
02-11-2013, 08:48 PM
You may want to delete this because it is against the rules to post it here, or move it to the BST Area if you have access.
I highlighted the specific reason below.

Forum Rules:

The Buy/Sell/Trade forum is for long established members to trade goods amongst themselves. Newcomers looking to dump their hobby -> take it to eBay.

: All members to the forum are allowed viewable privileges to the Buy/Sell/Trade forum immediately upon registration. But a member must be registered for 3 months & have 50 posts before they're allowed to SELL anything on the forum. Just to be thorough, this means NO wanted or for sale/trade threads are to be posted anywhere else on the forum before or after you've gained access to the Buy/Sale/Trade forum!

Albeit, a new member under three months & 50 posts can not post to a seller's thread wanting to buy an item, said member's best course of action is to send a Personal Message to the Seller with questions or request to buy said item. However, feedback can not be left for either party in this type of transaction!

: The Buy/Sell/Trade forum is for long established members to trade goods amongst themselves. Newcomers looking to dump their hobby -> take it to eBay.

: All members to the forum are allowed viewable privileges to the Buy/Sell/Trade forum immediately upon registration. But a member must be registered for 3 months & have 50 posts before they're allowed to SELL anything on the forum. Just to be thorough, this means NO wanted or for sale/trade threads are to be posted anywhere else on the forum before or after you've gained access to the Buy/Sale/Trade forum!

Albeit, a new member under three months & 50 posts can not post to a seller's thread wanting to buy an item, said member's best course of action is to send a Personal Message to the Seller with questions or request to buy said item. However, feedback can not be left for either party in this type of transaction!

--Dan

george
02-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Can the Mods PLEASE move this with title to the BTS section?

I don`t know how to.

Thanks

George

Lil Giants
02-12-2013, 06:19 AM
There is a DUKW project in the Military Vehicle forum.
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

You can cruze thru the RC Tech Sections and Vendors for ideas of what's available from the ready market, as well as see different ideas of how to do things.

Have you tried to google RC radio controlled U.S WWII DUKW? I've seen several of those type of rc projects done over the yrs throughout the www.

Be sure to show us your project with many pics in the Military forum, that'll also help to increase your post count to the required # so you'll have proper access to use the B/S/T as well. ;)

Thanx Dan for ejumecating our wayward friend with the correct etiquette to use this forum. :)

scalelover
02-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Lol I had to read ejumicating a few times to be sure that's what it actually said..
I was trying to add more about searching thought the tech area but i was to late to and couldnt edit it,I'm still trying to get used to the editing time thing. I didn't want to sound harsh or nasty just didn't want to see a noob get scolded for it.

--Dan

george
02-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Hello ALL

Well I`ve been told about where I can post this request for parts Help BUT one thing, I am not allowed access to that section yet. So how do I post there at this time?

Should I continue with simple posts to just build up my "posting credit" so that I can then get access to the BST section? Seems like there would be alot of, excuse the language, stupid, crappy posts, just to build up one`s posting account, you think?

Maybe mods should think about that loop hole?

I want to follow the rules BUT this makes it hard when I need parts info/help now.

Sorry, don`t mean to step on any toes. Just a newbe trying to grow in this hobby.

George

scalelover
02-12-2013, 07:51 PM
No loop hole in the rule. As you stated "crappy posts" like nice truck, cool, me want etc. can be deleted and your post count deducted for them. Plus members and mods don't really like the annoying type of posting. Also like on Scale it was not just the mods that wanted a rule, members did as well.

Just enjoy the forum, post in threads where you can leave something meaningful or helpful to the topic. The "Info/help" you need is there just ask the question's or Start a build thread on your rig, there's many ways to get posts and its not all about "post credit". Most of us want to know someone before dealing with them, I'm not ready to swing money around to someone I don't now and have no idea if he's true to his word.

Try the vendors section,eBay,hobby shops etc for now, then before you know it You'll be there and probably sooner than you think.

--Dan