PDA

View Full Version : New rc4wd dump truck..... Armageddon

scalelover
02-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Wow just saw this on rc4wd looks nice but steep pricing. Although it does look like a beefy hydraulic cylinder (is that brass) for the bed and decent craftsmanship but only time will tell if its crap or like the excavator.

https://store.rc4wd.com/114-4x8-Armageddon-Hydraulic-Dump-Truck_p_2826.html

--Dan

dabears
02-12-2013, 08:44 PM
It looks ok but i love how it says "do not open gate by hand" but yet in the video the gate ouldnt even open while dumping..... i think they need to fix a few things first. Other then that it looks pretty decent for a euro truck. Wish they had done a american truck but oh well..

Espeefan
02-12-2013, 09:04 PM
The truck must be built and manufactured by Rigid RC. It's got a lot of their products on it. The trans, transfer case, the axles, the rear suspension, the hydraulics, the wheels, and more. Most of the components can be seen on their website.

The price looks high, at first glance, but I'll tell you what. It'd be hard to duplicate a truck like that for less. Money flies out the door pretty quick, when you start talking about metal everything....

Lil Giants
02-13-2013, 10:00 AM
The telescope hoist looks interesting, incredible lifting power it has!

Did you watch the video? Did you notice the 1st trk, the blue one has powered front axles? ...and RC4WD is advertising just an 8x4. :confused:

Where is Rigid RC based out of?

Espeefan
02-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Joe, I think they are based somewhere in Europe. The parts by the same company, on E-Bay, seem to come from Hong Kong, and the seller's name is 'amusingparts123'.

Rigid RC has a website. They look to have some nice stuff. Been looking at their axles and suspensions. The axles have lockers too.

http://www.rigidrc.com/shop/

JAMMER
02-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Did you notice the rear ends are plastic? bEd

Clint307
02-15-2013, 02:17 AM
So how hard would it be to strech this and put a pete or kw cab on it and still utilize the duel steer axles?

tc1cat
02-15-2013, 03:55 AM
For what they are asking for it, would it have been much of an increase to put metal axles on the rear and make it all wheel drive?? I would rather buy the excavator than this truck. At least with the excavator, you get the radio:eek:

scalelover
02-15-2013, 09:28 AM
TLT I had the same thoughts. For the money I'd much rather get the excavator and either build a dump or just load someone else's rig.

It looks nice but there are a few minor changes that should have been included for that kind of money. I mean looking at the R&D times alone the excavator would take a lot more and it's got more hardware than the dump yet is in the same pricing area? I'm not one to knock any company for broadening its horizons and I hope they continue to do so but maybe add a few smaller price point items to start. That's just my 2 cents

--Dan

titandigs
02-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Time will tell if it a good model, as for the price it is most likley in there eyes an entry price compared to say ScaleArt pricing as they look the same.
Had it been available before I got my ScaleArt I may have purchased one of these and saved a heap of coin.
Paul

cosworth34677
02-16-2013, 07:33 AM
i just want the parts.!!!!!!

i want someone to make a u.s truck to, at that price i can just look, do these thing sell for that amount of money? i have a hard time sometimes with the prices of ths trucks, when i was a racer i could a race car around 200-300 and get a world class big name race car. (i have a few fully dressed touring cars) and it kind of make me mad that the truck are so much. makes it harder to get in to this side of the hobby.

scalelover
02-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Cosworth this is a "relatively" inexpensive one compared to others. Some of the Scale art trucks are 10-12000 and yes that's the right amount of zeros. Even the rigid rc trucks or wedicos still go for a couple thousand new.

If I had the extra cash I'd pick one up just to see how it compares to the others. There is def a few things I would have changed for the price range but it looks like it will be a nice rig.

--Dan

cosworth34677
02-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Cosworth this is a "relatively" inexpensive one compared to others. Some of the Scale art trucks are 10-12000 and yes that's the right amount of zeros. Even the rigid rc trucks or wedicos still go for a couple thousand new.

If I had the extra cash I'd pick one up just to see how it compares to the others. There is def a few things I would have changed for the price range but it looks like it will be a nice rig.

--Dan

so if this is a "relatively" inexpensive truck then where do the tamiya's sit in the truck world then? i drive all tamiya's my race cars bashers and crawler/trucks,
i got a scania and a custom truck that mostly tamiya and i think there pretty good..? so are just like starter kits or real trucks?

scalelover
02-16-2013, 04:32 PM
"Relatively" is meant as a ready built hydraulic operated multi axle dump. Not as a regular semi truck or even a Tamiya base and build from there. The tamiya as a rc kit semi is a great truck and all my semis have started from them and they have many great qualities. One of them being price point,but if you compared it to a scale art or even wedico it is truly an entry level piece, again not complaining I'm glad it's priced like it is. But if you start adding in upgrades aluminum and metal parts like the others you will end up spending a ton more and get close to if not higher in price than the others.

For an example

In a 2010 price list for scale art a 4 axle "chassis" not truck starts at 4100 us then add your upgrades. So 7-8-9-10 grand later its done

looking at it that way-- buying a tamiya king kit, hydro setup,mfu,dump box, and all the extras your still going to be in the 2k area, if not a lot higher if you buy it all new and quality brand products. Not including all the time spent to modify change and build it.

I'm not knocking tamiya at all, I love their product and will continue to buy and use them, but I also wont bark at a truck with a price like this when you know what it is built with.

Scaleart price list:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=8TggUaPeG6eE2wWT0oHQAw&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dscaleart%2Bshop%26hl%3Den%26client%3D safari%26tbo%3Dd&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=de&u=http://www.scaleart-shop.de/ftp/ScaleART-Preisliste-2010.pdf&usg=ALkJrhj_nppXcgmTWf1Q7tr47OiSfKqmFA

--Dan

cosworth34677
02-16-2013, 04:40 PM
"Relatively" is meant as a ready built hydraulic operated multi axle dump. Not as a regular semi truck or even a Tamiya base and build from there. The tamiya as a rc kit semi is a great truck and all my semis have started from them and they have many great qualities. One of them being price point,but if you compared it to a scale art or wedico is truly an entry level piece.

If you want to look at it that way even buying a king kit, hydro setup,mfu,dump box, and all the extras your still going to be in the 2k area if you buy it all new and quality brand products.

I'm not knocking tamiya at all, I love their product and will continue to but and use them, but I also wont bark at a truck with a price like this when you know what it is built with.

--Dan

i get ya. i don't like wedico, not because of the price or build quality but they have that " it just don't look right thing with me" i draw and sculpt for a living so stance and the proportions are a big thing to me . but the scale art trucks are just that art!!! i guess if you put itn that way, if you had someone make you a tamiya truck to the same standard and parts as the truck it would cost you about that much.

scalelover
02-16-2013, 04:50 PM
I also was never a huge fan of wedico for the same reason it didn't seem proportioned right, but it seems that after a few small mods and minor tweaks they can look great. Plus the A.M. Parts are pretty nice looking like the Oswald suspension is top notch and it seems to fix most of the stance issues,

--Dan

upbnsfrrfan
02-20-2013, 06:40 PM
For what they are asking for it, would it have been much of an increase to put metal axles on the rear and make it all wheel drive?? I would rather buy the excavator than this truck. At least with the excavator, you get the radio:eek:

It does come with a 6 ch radio :)

Larry

upbnsfrrfan
02-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Joe, I think they are based somewhere in Europe. The parts by the same company, on E-Bay, seem to come from Hong Kong, and the seller's name is 'amusingparts123'.

Rigid RC has a website. They look to have some nice stuff. Been looking at their axles and suspensions. The axles have lockers too.

http://www.rigidrc.com/shop/

Hi Espeefan...nice username ;) Anyway, Rigidrc is also based in Hong Kong like amusingparts123. I just don't know why Rigidrc is using Euro for pricing. Probably because it has a higher value than the US $ :confused: or to attract European customers...maybe?

Larry

Lil Giants
02-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Everything worldwide marketed for international sale there of used to be value based from the $USD, which was the former leader of world currency... now the Euro holds that position of being #1. RigidRc sells worldwide... no real mystery there :confused: