PDA

View Full Version : I had a fantastic opportunity today at work!!!

fhhhstix
02-19-2013, 01:52 PM
The company owner came to our shop today to give his annual speech on how the company was doing. When he was done he said he would be there for a while if we had any questions. We went down stairs to drool over his car an Audi R8 and me and my pal Justin decided we had a question and would go ask if he would take us for a ride in it. What is the worst he could say no. Well he did say now and reached into his pocket and through me the keys and told me to take myself for a ride. So me being me I made sure I was clean since we had not worked on anything yet and I went for a drive. All I can say is that car is awesome. I thanked him for the opportunity when we were done and told him what it meant to me. Here is a pic of the car.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/brokenb4/IMG00758-20130219-0941_zps76210c56.jpg

Travis

1985 kenworth
02-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Thats great travis...wow that was nice of your boss to do that...he sounds pretty cool:)

scalelover
02-19-2013, 02:09 PM
That's awesome Travis, I remember the first time I got to drive an R8 it was unbelievable. I did a lot of work for a local Audi-Porsche dealer so I was able to drive many a nice vehicles, from carerras to R8 etc. My favorite of all had to be the owners Aston Martin db8 vantage. Talk about just silly, I was like a kid in a candy store when I found out that's what I was picking up...

--Dan

wolfws6
02-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Dude, thats awsome. I'm a huge sports car guy. That must have been amazing!!!!!!!

spudd
02-19-2013, 02:25 PM
im guessin the company is doing just fine by the looks of it

Dieselchopper
02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Even a car hater like me can say COOL!!!

ihbuilder
02-19-2013, 02:40 PM
meh OK :rolleyes: Now this 1 (" Aston Martin db8 vantage")I would love to have :D had the opportunity to see 1 up close while working on a million $ barn restoration .

glorydays24
02-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Travis, you are one lucky devil.:p;):):D:cool::eek: That was very generous and cool of your boss. I'm not into cars all that much, but I like this one.:D:eek:

Big John

fhhhstix
02-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Thats great travis...wow that was nice of your boss to do that...he sounds pretty cool:)

Yes he is a great guy. He is really into older cars and trucks. He races vintage auto cross cars and has a massive collection of Power Wagons.

That's awesome Travis, I remember the first time I got to drive an R8 it was unbelievable. I did a lot of work for a local Audi-Porsche dealer so I was able to drive many a nice vehicles, from carerras to R8 etc. My favorite of all had to be the owners Aston Martin db8 vantage. Talk about just silly, I was like a kid in a candy store when I found out that's what I was picking up...

--Dan

The guys at work said I was like a little kid smiling from ear to ear when I was getting out of the car.

Dude, thats awsome. I'm a huge sports car guy. That must have been amazing!!!!!!!

Yes it is definitely something I will remember for a long time.

im guessin the company is doing just fine by the looks of it

Ya he bought Michigan Cat last year and just bought TITAN equipment in Michigan as well. The total revenue this year from all three was $982 million.

Even a car hater like me can say COOL!!!

Thanks I was shocked when he first told me to drive it myself.

meh OK :rolleyes: Now this 1 (" Aston Martin db8 vantage")I would love to have :D had the opportunity to see 1 up close while working on a million $ barn restoration .

I will have to check but I think he has one in his collection of cars. His daily driver is a Bentley

Travis

Radio Control Trucker
02-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Looks like you had a REALLY GOOD day :D :p :eek: :p :D

- RCT

Mama Sue
02-20-2013, 12:49 AM
All in a good days work. Bet you felt good in the drivers seat....
Susan

Izzy
02-20-2013, 06:40 AM
Travis - I jst googled that car - it's amazing - can't believe one of those was in Lafayette ...... In WINTER!

Lucky dude....

fhhhstix
02-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Looks like you had a REALLY GOOD day :D :p :eek: :p :D

- RCT

Yes I did.:D

Hi Travis.

Don't you just hate it when you wake up from a good dream.. LOL

Regards Ralph.

Ya I got a reality check at lunch when I had to jump in the old F350 to get something to eat.

All in a good days work. Bet you felt good in the drivers seat....
Susan

It was definitely a good feeling.

That car is awesome, I had the opportunity to drive the Audi, being an Audi/VW master tech, in Milton Keynes UK, a few years ago. But I have not driven the new R8, glad you had fun!

Thanks it was a fun drive. I also forgot to mention I was still on the clock at work when we did this so basically the owner paid me to drive his car.

Travis - I jst googled that car - it's amazing - can't believe one of those was in Lafayette ...... In WINTER!

Lucky dude....

To him it is just another car.

Travis

DieselKid
02-20-2013, 03:05 PM
...So me being me I made sure I was clean since we had not worked on anything yet and I went for a drive....

Travis

Heck you probably could of driven that thing at the end of the day and still not had to worry about it! :D:D:D

All ball busting aside that's one sweet ride and I'm sure it's even cooler once you are behind the wheel!

Thanks for sharing,
-Alex

Snochaser
02-20-2013, 04:35 PM
That must have been awesome! I'd love to have that opportunity, for sure. There is a guy around the corner for me who has one in silver, nice cars indeed.

Ben

Stepside
02-20-2013, 04:47 PM
sweet! Where's the "me likey" button!!! :cool:

dabears
02-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Your nicer then me i would have said see ya and took off for a few hours....