PDA

View Full Version : Canadian RC4WD dealer?

RCP57
03-19-2013, 04:08 PM
I was just wondering if anyone new of a place in Canada that stocked RC4WD Mil Spec 2.2 tires. The local hobby shops here are reluctant to order from RC4WD for various reasons and I don't really want to order direct and get nailed with some sort of unknown shipping charges/brokerage when they arrive. I need 16 more tires to finish my 850 and haven't had any more luck finding them used locally. 8 bags is nearly $270 from a local shop but as I said they didn't seem to keen on the idea so even that makes me nervous.

Thanks for any help! Reg

PS, If this is in the wrong spot can someone move it for me?

tracksntreadslou
03-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Hey Reg ..Check with Beaver Creek rc in port alberni...I have bought stuff there before that came from RC4wd and Craig has ordered my stuff as well..His prices are a bit more then the site but he has to make a little for the shop ..worth a try 250) 724-6229

cdm
03-19-2013, 04:55 PM
why would you want to have somebody.. when you can buy them direct... never mind. don't really want to know lol.

i can order them for you and ship them. they are on speeddial as is.

UPS Standard
Latest Pickup Time:
5:00 P.M. Wednesday
March 20, 2013

Schedule by :
4:00 P.M. Delivered By:
By End of Day Thursday
March 28, 2013
Guaranteed 25.73 USD *
Billable Weight:
5.0 lbs.

12x12x12 box.. i think. just to give you an idea. i put in a random vancouver code, not sure if the island is more. or maybe i put in the island. dont know.

RCP57
03-19-2013, 05:17 PM
I was just trying to support some Canadian business(and maybe only buy 8 at a time) but it looks like I can get them cheaper direct from them providing there's no hidden stuff. Has anyone from Canada ordered directly from them? Did you get charged duty?

Thanks for the info guys!

Goose19
03-19-2013, 08:26 PM
i think you see the duty up front. usually fed ex or ups have the "calculated duty" ahead of time. ive bought from rc4wd and didnt incur any extra or surprise charges.

civic83
03-20-2013, 04:26 AM
ive ordered a few times and never got charged duty or anything, cheapest order I placed was 200 and the most expensive was about 2200, no hidden charges on either.

RCP57
03-20-2013, 05:00 AM
OK Thanks guys! Did either of you use the Canada EMS method? It's $35 versus $65 for UPS and I'm not in a huge hurry.

Thanks again for the reply!
Reg

1985 kenworth
03-20-2013, 10:06 PM
i order from them and *** ***** .the key to it i find and i always had good luck is i ship it priority post through the postal service ..most i pay is tax on the can value .i never ship with the couriers they charge you a gazillion dollars brokerage fees and other admin fees its all a scam and your items take almost as long as priority or expresspost

Stuff
03-21-2013, 08:38 AM
UPS comes through purolater and you will have to go to the office to pay the duty + tax + UPS' brokerage fee of $50 before you can get your parts... load of BS.

Also Airborne express to canada is a bigger rippoff. you get your stuff then a nice letter stating to pay broker and taxes within one week or it will be sent to collections....

Acadieman
03-21-2013, 10:30 AM
I went on the RC4wd site or order items, but was a bit put off by the shipping options.
I bought through Ebay instead.

RCP57
03-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks guys, I guess I will decide what to do in the next couple weeks. I know if I do order direct I won't use a courier. They have a habit of not finding us and just leaving parcels at a random business in town or else they do find us and just leave it hanging on the gate at the end of our driveway for someone to possibly steal:eek:.

Lil Giants
03-21-2013, 10:58 PM
There's no duty, NAFTA was 20 yrs ago! :D

But you'll pay PST/GST or in BC is it HST?... that you pay on all goods domestic & foriegn anyway.

WhiteWolf McBride
03-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Kenny and Stuffy are right.

Use the regular postal service. You will pay the local provincial taxes anyway, right? But the damage the couriers do is in the ~brokerage~. Canada Customs has a flat rate charge if they assess your package. Apparently the current fee is $9.95. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/duty-droits-eng.html

As for couriers being better/faster, not at base rates (that I've found) and service has actually been ~worse~. Said it before - had a $800+ Tamiya Leopard 2A6 shipped via UPS, guy came to my door carrying the box by a hole punched in the side of it the size of a loonie! Had him take it back to depot to hold until I could pick it up and 'inspect' it. The morons sent it out twice more. I finally caught it at the depot just before closing, and luckily, ask I'd asked, shipper had taken precautions, and she was safe. If he hadn't, the main gun, turret, and associated electronics would probably hyave been trashed, close to 1/3 to 1/2 the model's cost.

Use a Courier? Not unless I have to, because its sole-source item and I need it. Use 'em at your own risk... I'll still go USPS/Canada Post first.

WhiteWolf