PDA

View Full Version : Help uploading picture for my profile

rc13
03-21-2013, 07:13 PM
Hello, man I have been getting frustrated trying to upload a picture for my profile picture on my account. I see the file size has some limits. "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller)."
Yes that makes sense to me. So I selected a picture file and modified it on my Microsoft Paint software to reduce it to a 20KB and 97 by 75 pixel file. Then wen I went to upload the fie, a note popped up saying "The file upload failed".
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Eddie

Lil Giants
03-21-2013, 11:11 PM
Might something as simple as what type of file did you save it to that may not jive with the forum programming, is it j.peg?

rc13
03-22-2013, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the reply. Yes it is a jpeg. It is so bizarre. I was going to use a pic of my B50.... I am pretty savvy on this type of stuff. I will try to dink around with it later when I have a little more time. Hopefully soon I will get some threads started on the construction section with some of my projects and machines. For now here is a link to one of my videos on my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnr3ld2ewd4

I (just like everyone else) enjoy you videos and appreciate reading your expertise on this forum.
Thank you,
Eddie