PDA

View Full Version : Our son is coming home for good.

glorydays24
03-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Well our son John has decided to get out of the army and come home.:) He said he will be here monday, and Cindy and me are so excited.:D:D:D John will be living with us until he finds a job and a place of his own. Until then, I told him he could stay as long as he wanted. He would like to be a diesel mechanic, and I thought that was pretty cool.:cool::cool::cool: I don't mean to sound like a proud dad, but I can't help myself. He has gave us very little trouble growing up, and he is just a very nice young man all around:D and we are very proud of him. We can't wait to see him, and he's always been my gaming buddy. Now if I can get him into these r/c trucks, that would be AWESOME!!! I know here lately I have been down about Cindy, and I haven't posted anything good for quite a while, so I thought I would share this exciting news.

Thank-you for reading this, Big John

ihbuilder
03-22-2013, 03:17 PM
that's good news John

Mama Sue
03-22-2013, 03:34 PM
That's amazing John. :)

Radio Control Trucker
03-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Excellent news John. If your relationship with your son is anythingl like the one I have with my father, then the r/c trucks is a lock.

I know that Cindy has to be in better spirits just knowing that he's coming home. It's bound to have a positive effect on her health.

My prayers are always with you folks.

- RCT

hippy
03-22-2013, 03:52 PM
that is great news! awesome to hear. the extra hands will help on those big builds!

gaming? what games you playing?

sparkycuda
03-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Best wishes and many prayers for you, Cindy and your son. Please thank him for his Service.

Ken

ryman
03-22-2013, 07:13 PM
That is great. I would like to Thank You and your family for the time your son has been serving our country, and an extra big Thank You to John for his service. I wish you all well.
Riley

glorydays24
03-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Good news is always GOOD, Take care

Chris

Thank you Chris.:)

that's good news John

Thank you Steve, you wheel making king.;):)

That's amazing John. :)

Thank you Susan.:)

Mate good to here that.
and all the best to you and Cindy.

Best Regards Ralph.

Thank you Ralph.:)

Excellent news John. If your relationship with your son is anythingl like the one I have with my father, then the r/c trucks is a lock.

I know that Cindy has to be in better spirits just knowing that he's coming home. It's bound to have a positive effect on her health.

My prayers are always with you folks.

- RCT

Thank you RCT, and I don't know if he'll get into this fine hobby.:rolleyes: But if he decides to, that would be great.:D And yes, Cindy's spirits are raised a lot.:)

that is great news! awesome to hear. the extra hands will help on those big builds!

gaming? what games you playing?

Thank you buddy.:) I would love to have John sitting next to me wrenching right along with me.;) Right now i've been playing Resident Evil 6, but I need to get back on Far Cry 3.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Best wishes and many prayers for you, Cindy and your son. Please thank him for his Service.

Ken

Thank you Ken.:) And I will definitely thank him for you.

Big John

glorydays24
03-22-2013, 07:18 PM
That is great. I would like to Thank You and your family for the time your son has been serving our country, and an extra big Thank You to John for his service. I wish you all well.
Riley

Thank you Riley.:) You threw this in when I was replying to the others.:eek:

Big John

1985 kenworth
03-22-2013, 07:32 PM
good for you and cindy there big john...that is great news and one less thing the 2 of you need to worry about and at this time you don't need added stress.my thoughts and prayers are always with you and your family...hope to see your son posting pics of a new build inspired by dad:)

dabears
03-22-2013, 08:09 PM
That's awesome news!!!!! I bet that will help Cindy cheer up as well! (being home, not the trucks ;) )

Stuff
03-22-2013, 08:17 PM
when buddy of mine Rob got out of the army he was too happy! he was on the front wave of the "war on terrorism" when they were overseas and doing the sweeping incursion.

He then transferred to Germany. He was tired of being "that guy" that climbs the poles for telecommunications and being shot at! In Germany he had his car shipped over and served the remainder of his term there.

Biggest thing when getting back is that he was gone for years but it felt like a few weeks. had to re-adjust to that.

glorydays24
03-23-2013, 04:12 PM
good for you and cindy there big john...that is great news and one less thing the 2 of you need to worry about and at this time you don't need added stress.my thoughts and prayers are always with you and your family...hope to see your son posting pics of a new build inspired by dad:)

Thank you.:) And the less less stress, the better.:eek:

That's awesome news!!!!! I bet that will help Cindy cheer up as well! (being home, not the trucks ;) )

Thank you Aaron.:) Yes that cheered Cindy up quite a bit, (not the trucks) lol.

when buddy of mine Rob got out of the army he was too happy! he was on the front wave of the "war on terrorism" when they were overseas and doing the sweeping incursion.

He then transferred to Germany. He was tired of being "that guy" that climbs the poles for telecommunications and being shot at! In Germany he had his car shipped over and served the remainder of his term there.

Biggest thing when getting back is that he was gone for years but it felt like a few weeks. had to re-adjust to that.

I'm happy your buddy made it home safe.:);) If I made it seem John was over sea's, that was my mistake. He has been deployed twice, but he was in SC. Two more days, and he's home.:D:D:D:D

Big John

Radio Control Trucker
03-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Big John, if he was over in the next county, across the country, or over sea's... gone is gone. He wasn't home and that's the important part.
He was missed by the family and his return is valued none-the-less. :) :)

We are all happy for Cindy and you. :) Rejoice in your sons return home. :D He is an important part of your family and shall be embraced.
Thank God for His Blessings. :) :cool:

- RCT

TRUCKMAKER
03-23-2013, 06:15 PM
Good to hear you and Cindy got some happy time coming with your son! Please thank him for his service. We can always use more truck people!

doodlebug
03-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Glad to hear he's coming home! Go for the diesel mechanics!
My advice for him, go heavy on electronics and related trouble
Shooting, thats where the money is, not changing part's.
The new engines have been a pain, we need more "wizards"!
Cheer's, Neil.

glorydays24
03-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Big John, if he was over in the next county, across the country, or over sea's... gone is gone. He wasn't home and that's the important part.
He was missed by the family and his return is valued none-the-less. :) :)

We are all happy for Cindy and you. :) Rejoice in your sons return home. :D He is an important part of your family and shall be embraced.
Thank God for His Blessings. :) :cool:

- RCT

Very well said RCT, I couldn't have said better myself. Thank-you.:)

Good to hear you and Cindy got some happy time coming with your son! Please thank him for his service. We can always use more truck people!

Thank-you TRUCKMAKER.:) And I will thank him for you.;)

Glad to hear he's coming home! Go for the diesel mechanics!
My advice for him, go heavy on electronics and related trouble
Shooting, thats where the money is, not changing part's.
The new engines have been a pain, we need more "wizards"!
Cheer's, Neil.

Thank-you Neil.:) I will tell him what you said.;):)

Big John

hippy
03-24-2013, 10:35 AM
well good to hear that the little misses is happy. that's all that counts!

far cry 3? wow cool, have not tried that on yet. still stuck on battlefield 3 for me.

glorydays24
03-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Today Cindy and me got a little bit of disappointing news.:(:(:( John had some bad weather, so he called and said he wouldn't be home until tomorrow.:( But we would rather him not take a chance and have a wreck or something. I'm counting down the hours.:D:);):p:eek:

Big John

Mama Sue
03-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Fingers are crossed for a safe trip home

Brel
03-25-2013, 03:59 PM
this is good to hear, I wish all service men and women where on there way home to the USA and the UK, instead of F>>>>ng about in the middle east
glorydays24, I do hope your Son gets home safely ASAP