PDA

View Full Version : Converting a POT switch on a radio?

rockNmayhem
04-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Ok, this is a quick question for all you electrical guru's out there. I'm wanting to convert two channels on my radio that are all ready dials or potentiometers on the top of it into a couple of momentary on-off-on switches for another use I have for them. I am looking at the wires and cannot figure out what to wire where. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

I know this is kinda vague but I'm trying to modify my Turnigy 9x a bit to make the two top dials work for different outputs for a project I have in the works. I'm kinda thinking it will be wired along the lines of the radios from the RC4WD excavator with the levers on the top that are basically momentary 3pos switches I assume.

Any help from you guys would be appreciated.:D

Thanks,
Tyler

pumptech
04-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Ok, this is a quick question for all you electrical guru's out there. I'm wanting to convert two channels on my radio that are all ready dials or potentiometers on the top of it into a couple of momentary on-off-on switches for another use I have for them. I am looking at the wires and cannot figure out what to wire where. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

I know this is kinda vague but I'm trying to modify my Turnigy 9x a bit to make the two top dials work for different outputs for a project I have in the works. I'm kinda thinking it will be wired along the lines of the radios from the RC4WD excavator with the levers on the top that are basically momentary 3pos switches I assume.

Any help from you guys would be appreciated.:D

Thanks,
Tyler

Hey Tyler ,this may be of some help ,fixed a coulpe of atv winches with momentary rocker switches using this diagram ,pic to follow ,the wiring should be close to the same .
Good luck with it

rockNmayhem
04-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Hey Tyler ,this may be of some help ,fixed a coulpe of atv winches with momentary rocker switches using this diagram ,pic to follow ,the wiring should be close to the same .
Good luck with it

I know how to wire in that switch like so, but my problem I'm running into that I cant understand is that a potentiometer uses 3 wires that are alread in the radio. How can I convert those to to the switch? I suppose just removing the red and black wire to use as power and ground and then leaving the yellow wire seperate?

I'm not sure how that would work.:confused:

Tyler

SmallHaul
04-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Hope this link works:

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/RC_Receivers_and_Radios#Adding_a_3_position_switch