PDA

View Full Version : Spectrum Radios

RCKiwi
04-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Hi ya chaps. Where do most source their Spectrum Radios from on here? Exchange rate is getting better this end so may invest while the going is good.
Thinking DX18.....thoughts? Cheers Glenn

Lil Giants
04-11-2013, 09:13 PM
If your LHS doesn't carry them, then you might as well deal direct in the USA... www.horizonhobby.com

pigeonfarmboy
04-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Use the international store locator to see if you have a retailer nearby. http://www.horizonhobby.com/StoreLocatorView

The 18 is a great option that would be hard to ever out-grow. I use the 10t out of preference but you can't go wrong either way.

Lmackattack
04-17-2013, 08:49 PM
I hear a lot about this speckrum radio... Are people using a specific model. I have a old futaba 4 channel stick radio.

I would prefer a radio that had a steering knob and 3 position switch for the transmission...

dabears
04-17-2013, 10:29 PM
You can set the radio up many ways. Lmackattack you live close enough to me I could show you 3 different ones I have I eventually want the 18 but that wont be for another year or so..
I have the 5,6,and 8

Lmackattack
04-17-2013, 11:34 PM
I might take you up on that.... I was last fully active was this hobby about 10 years ago, and i can see alot has changed. Would like to see what options we have today. Most of the rc car guys I know just use 2 channel and are not fully up to speed with what works best for the semi trucks.