PDA

View Full Version : Payment Plans for RC Construction Equipment?

Straywolf
05-03-2013, 11:49 AM
I figured the only way i could afford any piece of rc equipment is if the seller offered a payment plan kinda like a car note where you could pay monthly. Do any of the makers of this rc equipment offer anything like this? Also would the seller hold on to the kit until you pay it off?, or do they send it anyway where you can enjoy it while paying it off?

Thanks,
Mike

Espeefan
05-03-2013, 12:42 PM
I think the closest thing I have seen to a payment plan was companies allowing you to put some money down to reserve a model, before it becomes available. Then when it is ready to be shipped, you must pay the remaining amount. Not exactly a payment plan, but it does give you some time to save a little, and pay in two sums.

Unfortunately in this day and age, I don't think a model company would trust a customer to keep the payments coming, while the model is already in the owner's hands, if not paid in full before shipping.

But there are other options. Credit cards sometimes offer zero percent interest for a handful of months, or you could do a personal load from your bank.

FlyingBeagle
05-03-2013, 03:14 PM
I think it would be pretty difficult to find a manufacturer or fellow modeler willing to finance the purchase of a piece of RC equipment.

At first when I read this the frugal side of my brain said who in their right mind would want to go into debt to buy a glorified toy, as expensive and complicated as it may be. But then I thought about it a little more and realized no one criticizes people for financing campers, fishing boats, ATV's or motorcycles. These things are just grown up toys as well. I bet that the residual value of a piece of Scale Art, Fumotec, Wedico etc.. equipment is far better than that of any boat, RV or ATV.

That being said, I agree with Espeefan that one of those 0% introductory offers on a credit card would be the most likely option, but make darn sure you pay it off in time or else all that accruing interest will make that new excavator a whole lot more expensive. :eek:

pigeonfarmboy
05-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Maybe I'm being too blunt......there's these things called savings accounts ;)

RoadFlyer
05-03-2013, 06:07 PM
I do know that Tower Hobbies offers a 3 payment plan on some of their R/C products. I'm disabled and on a fixed income and I just purchased my Knight Hauler that way.

Straywolf
05-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Well that figure's:( Didn't hurt to ask, i too am retired due to health (a bad heart) and also on a fixed income also. Well Thank you everyone for the reply's.

Mike

Radio Control Trucker
05-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Mike, do what I do. I just pull a little bit of money at the end of the month and put in a jar marked "Truck Fund".
After about six or eight months you get enough to actually do something significant.

I know the feeling of being broke. Have a brain-tumor and still managing. :jump:

- RCT

JAMMER
05-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Mike if you lived in germany you could finance them through a bank they do that over there. Ed

Straywolf
05-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Mike if you lived in germany you could finance them through a bank they do that over there. Ed

:jaw:Wow i now need to find a reason to move to Germany, i did not know this that is really cool. I wish the US Banks would do something like that.

My luck it would be like ralphie at christmas:

Bank: Goodmorning sir how may i help you?

Me: Umm i would like to finance a RC Excavator please.

Bank: So you want to finance a Excavator for your business?

Me: No, No, i want to finance a RC Excavator.

Bank: A RC Excavator? What's that?

Me:It's a Radio Contol Excavator that's made over sea's so you can
dig dirt or sand in the sandbox.

Bank: So.....this is a toy then?

Me: No,No,No, it is a highly detailed and complex machine, which has
real hydro's,sound system,metal track's etc.,etc.

Bank: So.....How much are we talking about?

Me: About 10,000 with shipping and such.

Bank: Typing on computer....send's out bank wide e-mail to staff....
hear laughter through out the bank.

Me: Sooooo can it be done?

Bank: I am sorry sir but at this time we are unable to finance this for you.

Me: Ummm ok.

Bank: Beside's you would shoot your eye out.:eek: Thank You and Have a great day.

Me: sigh......:(

Mike