PDA

View Full Version : Time for a Change

dabears
05-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Well its all locked down and official, I accepted a really good job offer in The Sunny state of Arizona!! So I have a month left in cold Illinois then I will be moving the family and myself out the Phoenix AZ area :jaw: I plan on staying in the hobby 100% and I hope to meet new people from the board out there on the West coast side. Im pretty excited and nervous at the same time. Its hard to move your family across country but they are all on board for the move. Im hoping I can still try to make Indy this year but with the move and all im not sure if ill make it or not. :( Maybe I can try to tag a ride with Ric since he'll only be 20 mins from the new house. (I timed it a few weeks ago when I went out there) So with the move and all I may not be on here that much the next month or so but no worries ill be back to building trucks in no time! Allthough being that close to Ric might get me in trouble :cool: since loaders and stuff will be a few min drive away LOL :bounce: It'll be an adventure non the less.

fhhhstix
05-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Congratulations on the new job and good luck with the move Aaron.

Travis

Supermario
05-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Congrats on the new job and taking life in a new direction:):cool:
Of course my first reaction to reading your news was a selfish one as I thought... what about Indy?!! and I was serious about going to chi town for a bears game next season :( !! .... ok, I guess a cardinals game will do.:D;)
I could see the close Ric connection becoming trouble too! lol behave Aaron, and goodluck to you and the family:)

Mario

ryman
05-04-2013, 11:15 PM
That is great news we need more R/C truckers in Phoenix, and congrats on the job. But you are picking the wrong time to move here soon it will be in the 100's

BRICKNICK
05-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Good luck Aaron, hope the new way of life is a happy and healthy one for you and yours. Congrats on the job and move.

dabears
05-05-2013, 12:13 AM
Congratulations on the new job and good luck with the move Aaron.

Travis
Thanks buddy its gonna suck moving away from friends like you I have made here.

Congrats on the new job and taking life in a new direction:):cool:
Of course my first reaction to reading your news was a selfish one as I thought... what about Indy?!! and I was serious about going to chi town for a bears game next season :( !! .... ok, I guess a cardinals game will do.:D;)
I could see the close Ric connection becoming trouble too! lol behave Aaron, and goodluck to you and the family:)

Mario
Well don't forget that spring training is out there too. And I was trying to make the move after Indy lol but :rolleyes: they kinda need me out there soon.

That is great news we need more R/C truckers in Phoenix, and congrats on the job. But you are picking the wrong time to move here soon it will be in the 100's
Yea im excited to try to help the hobby grow out west a little. And as for the weather I grew up in Los Angeles so im not too worried about it, Im so tired of crappy weather it'll be nice to have some nice weather. :cool:

Good luck Aaron, hope the new way of life is a happy and healthy one for you and yours. Congrats on the job and move.
Thank you! It'll be a fun new way of life. Going back to a kind of job ive done before so it'll be an easy transition.

Mama Sue
05-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Congratulations and all the best Aaron.

Dairyland Trucker
05-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Well my little elf is moving out of the work shop and into a new one across the country. As I told Aaron he would have been a fool not to take this opportunity again congrats Aaron you will be missed and you won't be so close anymore but with you being close to Ric it could be dangerous for both of us for sure!!!!!

rockNmayhem
05-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Congratulations Aaron. I know you have so many local connections out east there and a lot of good guys around you. I sure hope you can help get the western guys motivated and more interested into our amazing hobby. I also have to agree with you and Bob that with you living so close to Ric, this could get really expensive for everyone lol.

Good luck and if you're ever making it through here again let me know and stop on by.

Tyler

dabears
05-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Congratulations and all the best Aaron.

Thanks Sue!!

Well my little elf is moving out of the work shop and into a new one across the country. As I told Aaron he would have been a fool not to take this opportunity again congrats Aaron you will be missed and you won't be so close anymore but with you being close to Ric it could be dangerous for both of us for sure!!!!!
Yea it might be dangerous :eek: I am going to miss all my friends and am thankful for the friendships I have made out here.

Congratulations Aaron. I know you have so many local connections out east there and a lot of good guys around you. I sure hope you can help get the western guys motivated and more interested into our amazing hobby. I also have to agree with you and Bob that with you living so close to Ric, this could get really expensive for everyone lol.

Good luck and if you're ever making it through here again let me know and stop on by.

Tyler
Yea I have made quite a few contacts and friends that all were in a few hours drive. They will all be missed but that's what phones and plane tickets are for. :)
The day we leave which is looking like Tuesday June 4th I will be stopping in St Louis to say goodbye to my sister who was going to school there but just graduated and is now staying there, then continuing west. Most likely was actually looking at making Newton my goal for the first day and staying there in town so maybe we can do dinner together. Second day depending which way I go either Vegas or texas is the next goal. and the 3rd day the final drive. Id just go straight thru but with 2 kids and a dog on board for the ride they need the stops to stretch and run around a little. I have a week to get there so I wont be in too much of a rush and want to make it as scenic and fun for the kids as I can. But I will be at the Newton show again next year! you can count on that I had a blast! :D And maybe ill drag some of the West Coast boys with me to Indy! I hear the words road trip ringing in my head lol and car pooling cuts the costs down for all who go! Hey maybe I can make it this year ;)

Espeefan
05-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Traitor, Aaron! Leaving the midwest for the west coast. Argh! Ha ha. Just kidding. Best of luck in your new venture. Never know what life will bring you sometimes. One less guy, that is 'kind of' close to my neck of the woods now. :D

Claus
05-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Good luck. Cable industry of fire?

Snochaser
05-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Good luck Aaron. That's a big task taking on a new job let alone a big move to the left coast.

woodhog
05-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Good luck Aaron moves like this are hard for sure but it helps a lot that the family is on board. In this economy any job bettering yourself is worth the move and if it permits move back at a later time. Best of luck:)

dmess62
05-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Good Luck with the new job, Aaron. Being so close to Ric now I hope it came with a raise. Lol