PDA

View Full Version : Update your Aeromax

sassgrunt
05-06-2013, 05:05 PM
I've always liked the look of the Ford Aeromax, but since they were only produced from 1988 to 1996, you don't see too many of them on the road anymore. When Sterling took over production in 1997, they used the same hood as the Aeromax from 1997 to 2000, just changing the oval "Ford" logo to an oval "S" logo, and putting a Sterling nameplate at the bottom of the doors. From 2001 until the end of production in 2008, they changed the whole grill a couple of times more, which would require a new piece instead of the stock one in the Tamiya kit.

I wanted to use the stock Tamiya grill, but update it to a Sterling. I have dealt with a man in England who makes stickers, and convinced him to make a set of Sterling stickers. (I worked with him before to make Thermo King stickers for the reefer trailer kit). I really like his work, and today he told me that he has now put the Sterling set up for sale as well. He gives you the door nameplates, as well as two larger ones for the mudflaps. It's a pretty simple set, but gives you what you need to make a different tractor. Link is here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAMIYA-1-14-FORD-EUROMAX-BLACK-and-CHROME-sticker-STIRLING-cab-mudflaps-grille-/281103665029?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item4173158785#ht_1249wt_1161

Robert is very easy to work with and always open to new ideas, so please contact him if there's something you've been trying to figure out how to make. -Mike