PDA

View Full Version : My new dozer, go ahead and laugh but it works.

fhhhstix
06-01-2013, 09:27 PM
This is my simple conversion of an old NYLINT dozer that has been under my work bench for a few years. It has a lot of rust some spots rusted all the way through some dents and it was missing the blade. I made a blade out of materials I had lying around and used a HI Tec 645MG servo to raise and lower the blade. I made some adaptors to bolt the rear drives to two 104 beetle motors. The esc is the original esc that came with my track loader but now that I know it works I will replace that piece of junk esc with a Sabertooth. Well enough chit chat here are some pics and a video of the dozer in the sand box. I think it did quite well in the test since this is really fine play sand and it rained a lot last night and some today so needless to say it was really wet and heavy. This dozer also has no added weight other than the motors, esc, servo, and battery so it is light compared to my Stahl dozer.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/brokenb4/Nylint%20bulldozer/100_2157_zps7326ca93.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/brokenb4/Nylint%20bulldozer/100_2156_zpsebc063a2.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/brokenb4/Nylint%20bulldozer/100_2159_zpsfcf7ce0f.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/brokenb4/Nylint%20bulldozer/100_2158_zpsae0db38f.jpg

Here is the video. It may be boring but I had fun making it.:D

Click here for the video (http://youtu.be/emBeS4kgwGI)

Thanks for looking.
Travis

Kaf343
06-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Cool Travis. Nice to see something like this once in a while.

doodlebug
06-01-2013, 11:39 PM
"Old Skool is Cool"! I like it.
Cheer's, Neil.

oldwestrnwear
06-01-2013, 11:45 PM
that is so cool it looks like some one restored a dozer that has been sitting in a field

perry

fhhhstix
06-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Cool Travis. Nice to see something like this once in a while.

"Old Skool is Cool"! I like it.
Cheer's, Neil.

that is so cool it looks like some one restored a dozer that has been sitting in a field

perry

Thanks guys I am thinking about finding one of the tonka T9 dozers and converting it. If I remember right from the one I had it should work out pretty good and it would be easy to add some detail to it as well.

Travis

Stuff
06-02-2013, 12:49 AM
vintage!!

Seilbagger
06-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Hi Travis,

i'm a great fan of those old machines and this dozer is amazing. Slower motors, some applications and a driver, than this will looking better than every modern dozer. Nice work and uncreadible looking.

Kingcam2
06-02-2013, 05:58 AM
hey Travis

Your NYLINT conversion looks great, I like your idea to convert an old sandpit tonka instead of converting a plastic toy as I think it will out live a plastic toy any day.

Regards from Cam. :cool:

Mama Sue
06-02-2013, 07:11 AM
Awesome conversion.

Bodyman
06-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Travis, bring it to indy

louie r/c nut
06-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Gotta love these old toys they will last forever great job on the conversion look great .

Lil Giants
06-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Travis, bring it to indy

Yeah! It looks like it fast enough to ge some AIR!!! :lol:

fhhhstix
06-02-2013, 11:05 AM
vintage!!

The T9 would not have to be vintage since I think the undercarriage is the same on both. It was the top half that got most of the changes on the newer one.

Hi Travis,

i'm a great fan of those old machines and this dozer is amazing. Slower motors, some applications and a driver, than this will looking better than every modern dozer. Nice work and uncreadible looking.

Thanks much, I think the motors will be fine once I get a new esc for them. The esc I am using now is one that Stahl used in their equipment and it is way out dated and very inefficient. It uses relays, logic cards, and trim pots which can be a pain to get it to work. The esc also does not offer good fine control for lower speeds and makes the dozer look jerky in its movements. The new Sabertooth should make it drive a lot smother and still have the speed if I want it.

hey Travis

Your NYLINT conversion looks great, I like your idea to convert an old sandpit tonka instead of converting a plastic toy as I think it will out live a plastic toy any day.

Regards from Cam. :cool:

Thanks

Awesome conversion.

Thanks

Travis, bring it to indy

It will be there.:D

Gotta love these old toys they will last forever great job on the conversion look great .

I hope so it is fun to operate.

Yeah! It looks like it fast enough to ge some AIR!!! :lol:

Maybe but I wont be stopping to clean out the tracks.:D

Thanks to all for looking.
Travis

Snochaser
06-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Cool Travis. Will that be for your nephew?

Rvjimd
06-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Travis, how bout some conversion pics? Would like to see the motors and drivetrain, and blade lift.

I comp,etely approve! I need to get to some yard sales this year and see if I can score something in that vintage.

Jim

woodhog
06-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Instead of vintage this thing is a speed dozier,looks like it performs better than it looks on the outside. good conversion!!

Arnd
06-03-2013, 11:53 AM
This is not a bulldozer but a RACE dozer.
I like it.

fhhhstix
06-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Cool Travis. Will that be for your nephew?

When he is ready he will have his choice of toys to play with.

Travis, how bout some conversion pics? Would like to see the motors and drivetrain, and blade lift.

I will see what I can do about some better pics by next week end. I will say when you see it you wont believe how simple it is.

I comp,etely approve! I need to get to some yard sales this year and see if I can score something in that vintage.

Jim

Definitely Jim for as cheap as these are you can always move the RC components to another one and keep on going.

Instead of vintage this thing is a speed dozier,looks like it performs better than it looks on the outside. good conversion!!

This is not a bulldozer but a RACE dozer.
I like it.

It is an old dozer with a new updated drive train.:D

It will go slow you just have to not push as hard on the stick + it will be a lot better with the new ESC.

Thanks to everybody for taking a look.

Travis

Izzy
06-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Maybe you shoulda used some 231's.

Looks like a blast though -

Brel
06-04-2013, 11:28 AM
cool one travis

spudd
06-04-2013, 03:38 PM
i bet that's your pails and shovels in the sand box also!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plow jockey
06-04-2013, 06:54 PM
I like the idea of it being metal, looks used with the rust.Tracks are staying clean. Good job!!

kcusumano
06-07-2013, 06:48 PM
cool