PDA

View Full Version : fat tires and rims?

cosworth34677
06-08-2013, 08:29 AM
my dump railers has a problem. the wheels and tires are to thinn. i got the single tire type set up on instead of the duallys. bu the standard tamiya semi front wheels and tires are really thinn looking. i do like them because they are nice a firm so they hold up the weight i put in the trailer but they look kind of weird.

so dose anyone know where i can find fat wide tires and wheels? i got a set of rc4wd wide truck tires, but they are not really the wide. any help thanks. :o

Stuff
06-08-2013, 12:49 PM
so no hex right? The tamiya container trailer used super singles. fat single tires with no hex inside of the rim. also PMD sells super singles.

wheels 16
http://www.gardentrucking.com/products.tpl?command=search&db=cma/parts.db&command=search&db=cma/parts.db&command=search&db=cma/parts.db&action=search&cart=123258541413315621&eqCATEGORYdatarq=Wheels%20And%20Tires&eqMAJORCATEGORYdatarq=products&Titlesumm=t&Titlesort=1&max=10&startAt=31

wheels 17 is the super single tires. think fulda crossforces

Espeefan
06-08-2013, 06:04 PM
All Tamiya semi-truck and trailer axles use rims that have a hex.

Tamiya's wide rims for the trailers is part number 19335405.
The wide tires are part number 19808176.

They come in a pack of two.

I'm curious why you don't like running the duals though.....given the choice, I'd rather have the duals then a single narrow, or standard tire. Dauls or the wide singles are probably about equal for floation.

cosworth34677
06-08-2013, 08:51 PM
All Tamiya semi-truck and trailer axles use rims that have a hex.

Tamiya's wide rims for the trailers is part number 19335405.
The wide tires are part number 19808176.

They come in a pack of two.

I'm curious why you don't like running the duals though.....given the choice, I'd rather have the duals then a single narrow, or standard tire. Dauls or the wide singles are probably about equal for floation.

well it was more about looks and easy to build. i work across the street from the city of tampa florida parks and rec depot, and they have a bunch dump trailers and truck out there. i liked the look of just fat single tires on the trailler, instead of the duals, looks more eruo.

Espeefan
06-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Gotchya. :cool: So you were basically trying to get the super single look with a standard width tire and rim combo, but now it's time to upgrade?

cosworth34677
06-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Gotchya. :cool: So you were basically trying to get the super single look with a standard width tire and rim combo, but now it's time to upgrade?

yep because i found that the really then standard tamiya tires don't float very well with alot on soft sand. and and since i got a few extra dollars time to fix that problem