PDA

View Full Version : Good Soil

Dieselchopper
06-10-2013, 07:43 PM
I am working on setting up a work zone for my equipment. I am wondering what guys on here would suggest for a good outdoor soil to play in? Seems to me that strait sand is not a good awnser for material. The area will be outside and exposed to rain and snow. Any suggestions?

9W Monighan
06-11-2013, 10:17 AM
I have good luck with dry clay soil. The dirt I have at my outdoor show has a combination of clay and sand. After dealing with the big boulders it works great. When we are digging I throw some fines from my spoil pile over to Smallhaul Scotts area for his smaller buckets. The larger rocks and clods of dirt roll to the bottom of the pile making the top finer.

Dieselchopper
06-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks, this info does help as well as confirm what I was thinking.

cosworth34677
06-14-2013, 12:00 PM
i live in florida so everything is sand or mud, mud puts lots of strain on stuff, so i use top soil that has lots on small sticks and soft sand clumps. i also break up the ground befor i start digging with my excavator, its strong enough to dig with out that but it's more fun to break it up first easyer to digg and less strain on parts, i got a small area ou ti n back the finced in to hold my dirt