PDA

View Full Version : Shows this summer?

Rvjimd
06-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Before the summer slips away, are there some RC truck and construction shows in the central U.S.? I'm in the Midwest. And would probably attend anything from east of the Rockies to the east coast.

Jim

Kaf343
06-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Jim, there is a show next Saturday in Sparta N.J. Put on by the East Coast Mini truckers. A bit of a haul for you but a good show to attend. Then there is Indy coming up I believe in August in Indianapolis. Both are more highway truck than construction equipment, but still a fare amount of diggers there.

Smiley
06-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Theirs one in Indianapolis in August

Rvjimd
06-24-2013, 01:06 PM
I thought there was one in Indy sometime this summer. That would be pretty easy to get to.

Is there a web site or show details someplace?

Thanks for all the help.

Jim

Smiley
06-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Yeah ya can go to gardentrucking.com and look under events and it has the all the info

Keith

Rvjimd
06-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Ah, thanks. Don't think I had found the garden trucking site yet.

Jim

Radio Control Trucker
06-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Jim, Precision Model Distributors (PMD) a.k.a. Garden Trucking can be found at:
http://www.gardentrucking.com

Ric is a great guy to deal with and has an excellent selection of parts to choose from.
Beware though, you'll find items for your build that you didn't even know you wanted. :D :D

Have fun. :cool:

- RCT

ngward79
06-25-2013, 12:37 PM
What's the best show to go to for construction equipment? Preferably in the midwest.

Rvjimd
06-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Ya, Midwest construction stuff?

And, who can offer info about the steam show or whatever they do in PA? I think they do something a couple times a year at that one?

Jim

pigeonfarmboy
06-25-2013, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't miss the Indy show if you're anywhere nearby. If you have any interest in the trucks or construction, there's lots of guys there that can help steer you in the right direction and keep you away from making the mistakes we all did getting started. Heavy_Duty on the board usually has a get together as well in St. Louis every year. Definitely worth attending as well. I don't consider the Cabin Fever or Brookville show as "Midwest" but they're surely worth considering as well.

On the other hand consider staying home. Then you won't know what you're missing and your bank account won't shrivel up into the black hole of this hobby. :D

Rvjimd
06-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Is cabin fever the show in Brownsville PA? Do they do something more than once a year or is it an early spring show, already past?

Where is the brooksville show?

Jim

9W Monighan
06-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Brownsville is the BEST show in the world for antique construction equipment.
http://www.nationalpike.com/
This show has something for everybody. I've been attending for over 25yrs. Scott and I have just started the RC area of the show four years ago. There are two shows per year. Next one is August 9-11

Supermario
06-25-2013, 04:44 PM
On the other hand consider staying home. Then you won't know what you're missing and your bank account won't shrivel up into the black hole of this hobby. :D

Whoa there Nate ! I think black hole is a little harsh:rolleyes: .....how about Sink hole ? You don't know how deep or how wide it's gonna get! :lol:

Mario

Rvjimd
06-25-2013, 06:04 PM
I'd say for me it is sort of like quick sand. Seems harmless enough at first, but there does not seem to be a bottom once you get started!:rolleyes:

Jim