PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket Limit?

Rvjimd
07-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Is everybody using photobucket? Got a message from them today about my bandwidth limit getting close. What are the rest of you using and do I have a problem?

I am not the sort that is going to pay them for storage or bandwidth...:eek:

My one thought is maybe using YouTube and simply creating slide shows of ICs and posting everything as a video to YouTube.

Jim

RCP57
07-07-2013, 05:21 PM
I didn't want to but I broke down and paid the $30 for more storage....

Rvjimd
07-07-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm not completely opposed to that solution, just wanted to start the discussion to see if there are other ways to do it. I really don't know enough about it yet.

Thanks for the input!

Jim

Espeefan
07-07-2013, 05:59 PM
I've exceeded my bandwidth limit only once, or twice, since using photobucket, and that's been over the course of 8 years or more. I usually post updates to my build threads on two different forums, but at that time I was probably using three or four, so my photos were getting a lot more hits. Videos can consume a lot more bandwidth also, so if you are constantly going over the limit, you might want to share the videos through youtube instead, and save photobucket for the photos. Even really old photos you have posted on forums can still pick up some interest now and then, so everything you've ever shared counts against the bandwidth limit.

As far as storage goes, I came close to using up my maxed allowed limit, but then photobucket must have expanded because now I'm barely at 7% of the space limit. When I did come close to having a space problem, I just created another free photobucket account for more photos, rather then pay for an upgrade. :D Now I have way more space then I need! I'm sure the photobucket staff would frown upon doing that, but none the less......

Lil Giants
07-07-2013, 07:30 PM
I'm paid up for another 8 months yet & will likely renew again for another 2yrs. ;)
I only post pics thru P/B, vids go on youtube.

Stuff
07-07-2013, 10:44 PM
i have pro. got the promo with vista print and got a free deck of business cards with my 2 years