PDA

View Full Version : Painting rubber

rccrazy523
07-07-2013, 11:15 PM
Hi every one I found rubber mat that would be great for a road way it comes 3' and 4' wide I am looking for away to make double yellow lines and white lines etc.if anyone has a good idea let me know thanks .

Espeefan
07-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Rubber is hard to work with. You could always try some tire paint pens (used for coloring the raised lettering and sidewalls) and draw the lines with that, or just try some regular spray paint in a can. Mask off your lines, and go to town. The only thing is rubber flexes a lot, and I wouldn't be surprised if the paint cracks and peels off after time. If you could find a way to super glue (they have special glue just for rubber) some yellow or white strips of thin cut rubber down to the road, that might work too. Who knows.....maybe you could just draw the lines on with some chalk. Eventually it would come off too, or fade, but it would be no big deal to touch it up. Mistakes could be washed off.

rccrazy523
07-09-2013, 11:41 PM
I am going to Austen rubber tomorrow. I hope they can make the double yellow lines. They think they might have yellow rubber. If this works we will have a great road way. I will keep u posted. Thank you for your help.