PDA

View Full Version : rc4wd excavator ?

rc semi
07-21-2013, 06:20 AM
hi guys dose any one have a rc4wd excavator or know if there any good thanks

IDontKnow
07-21-2013, 09:27 AM
I have one and have found it very well made.
I did have a faulty speed controller for the hydro but that was sorted relatively easy.
Battery life is pretty good, just need to make sure you have a decent battery.
For shows we put on, I have set up a power supply with some leads with the deans type socket on the end and power two machines off that. Went most of the day without an issue, filled about 10 x 20 litre buckets of kitty litter. Fill the bucket .... empty it out ... fill it again.

Dieselchopper
07-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Mine has been good. Made a large bulk material bucket and a smaller ripping bucket. Some minor oil leaks but performing well.

CrewCab59
07-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Here is some info plus a few vids in link.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=2425

Scott

A1 Dirt
07-22-2013, 10:34 AM
I have a 4200XL and am happy I bought it. I had an initial problem with the pump and pump motor, but RC4WD sent replacements. I only have a few hours on it since installing the parts, but have had no other problems.

woodhog
07-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Mine has been pretty good also,my stick cylinder is bypassing oil but other than that it has done ok. I now have changed the hydros over to Leimbach,valves also and put a dx18 to control it.I also changed the engine house and cab to make it more 1:14 scale . I have a guy here that can make cylinders out of stainless and the packing will be made like real cylinders are instead of o rings for the rod packing.I don't know if the hydros will push it yet though its still being made.The rc4wd cylinders have anodizing on the inside that is wearing and letting oil bypass. The inside only has one oring on the rod so it can't take a little wear.I know a bunch of yall have had no problems and some have had a lot of problems.I guess its a catch 22. The second version is definitely a better machine.I am happy with mine.:D

SmallHaul
07-23-2013, 12:38 PM
i set one up for someone and ran it quite a bit. i know 3 people that have them and are very happy with them. It is a nice solid machine. The pump draws a lot of current because the pump is about 4 times the power necessary to run that size machine but, it doesn't hurt anything as long as you turn the pressure down.

You should lower the pressure so that the boom has just enough power to easily lift one side of the machine up.