PDA

View Full Version : On its way!

RCKiwi
07-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Woo hoo! Just ordered my first truck - a MAN TGX 6x4. I'm get closer to making a start on my wheel loader and while waiting, have been spending a bit of time in the truck section, namely drooling over some of the sweet dump trucks and figured "why not!" Havent got anywhere near the budget to own a sweet scale art tipper, but "have the tools and have the talent" (i hope)....so we'll see how it all goes........be aware- you WILL be asked questions...lol

Glenn

Radio Control Trucker
07-23-2013, 11:50 PM
You know questions are always welcome on the forum :)

You have questions, we have answers :D -- maybe not to your questions :eek:, but we have answers :lol: :lol:

- RCT :cool:

Radio Control Trucker
07-23-2013, 11:53 PM
p.s. Congrats on your first order. I hope you enjoy the hobby.

It really is great, and the members here are wonderful people.

Remember to just have fun :)

- RCT

RCKiwi
07-24-2013, 06:15 PM
Cheers guys! Plan at this stage is to length it with longer rails and convert it to 6x6. I'd like to have a go at a hydraulic tip too.

Righto, now I've been reading through the front axle options (great sticky!)...... economically, the TLT-1 looks good, but seems there is quite a jump to purchasing a front and then rears that offer good scale appearance.
Are there any economical scale 6x6 conversion packages out there?

Glenn

Berman
07-24-2013, 06:31 PM
Congrats mate on the first, just remember it WONT be the last :lol:
The MAN is a very sexy euro truck, I've only seen 3 1:1's where I am, a Truck Rentals in white, a yellow 8x4 Route and Retail, and a silver Halls... Certainly a change from the ever popular Scania's!

Looking forward to seeing your project come alive! :)

RCKiwi
08-02-2013, 04:56 AM
WOO HOO...it's here! And OMG! How big is the cab????? Honestly, I've spent a fair few months now browsing and reading up on the trucks, drooling and dreaming mainly and never really giving a thought about actually how big a 1/14 truck is. Well impressed with it! Can't wait to get stuck in with it and start a build thread.
And I actually had it sent to my parents - for delivery reasons. I opened it with dad closely montoring proceedings - he was impressed too. He's a diesel mechanic, trained in the UK, cut his teeth on the mighty Gardner and has just retired. From Fodens, Scammels, etc through to here in NZ on Kenworths, Macks, Scania, MAN's, Freighliners and Cummins, CAT etc, he's worked on most and built numerous logging gear, racks, etc, even built a 4 axle, rear steer, 40 tonne logging trailer - I'll dig out some pic's.
Think we may be building two of these beauty's? ;)

Cheers

Glenn

Radio Control Trucker
08-02-2013, 05:23 AM
I'm glad to hear you're happy with your truck. If you get two of them, your dad and you can have great fun, just be certain that they're on different channels :D
(don't want any accidents). :eek: :D :D

My dad and I have a blast driving my fleet around the house. He just loves my Pete and mom is always bragging to her friends about my builds. :)

Have fun Glenn. Take your time and build it the way you want. And remember to post pictures often. :cool:

- RCT

1985 kenworth
08-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Congrats on the purchase.....its better than christmas:D

RCKiwi
08-04-2013, 02:51 AM
Congrats on the purchase.....its better than christmas:D

It certainly is...although I've sent santa a wish list for a radio or MFU or some other goodies.......;)

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'm in good company!

Glenn