PDA

View Full Version : CAD Help!

Bigrigger
07-26-2013, 01:05 AM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get into CAD modelling, but I'm having issues. I'm using Blender, because it is free, but it is also very overwhelming. Have a favorite program? Used Blender before? Let me know!

Any help is appreciated; easier programs, video tutorials, or even tips!:D

Thanks in advance!:cop:

Finster
07-26-2013, 01:27 AM
Blender is great but as you say, quite overwhelming. Is having the rendering/animation/textures and other stuff Blender does critical to what you want to do or are you just trying to make 3D objects? If it's not critical I would suggest you start with a simpler program like SketchUp. It's also free and pretty easy to use. Lots of How-to videos on Youtube, plus forums, tutorials, etc. Might be easier to draw what you want in SketchUp and later on render it with Blender. My opinion, not sure how others feel, but hope this helps.

Bigrigger
07-26-2013, 02:00 AM
Blender is great but as you say, quite overwhelming. Is having the rendering/animation/textures and other stuff Blender does critical to what you want to do or are you just trying to make 3D objects? If it's not critical I would suggest you start with a simpler program like SketchUp. It's also free and pretty easy to use. Lots of How-to videos on Youtube, plus forums, tutorials, etc. Might be easier to draw what you want in SketchUp and later on render it with Blender. My opinion, not sure how others feel, but hope this helps.

Thanks Finster! It does help a lot. I don't need to render or anything, hoping to do some 3D printing. I'll go get SketchUp!:D