PDA

View Full Version : whats a good cheap radio ?

cosworth34677
07-27-2013, 08:54 AM
hey guys i need a good cheap 4-6 channel radio. i got a futaba t6j and a fly sky 9x, but i need something for the new truck.

the problem is that my is that i love both radios but i cant turn on to models bond to these radios at the same time or both models wil move. even thought the models seting are changed, they are still bond to the same setup so they both move. back when i had my spectrum dx6i i could have all my models on at the same time but only worked if i chose there profiles. but i don't like the dx6 just becuse it not the most rugget thing. and tend to to drop , throw them in the car and they get bounced around.

so any ideas? i just need a cheap simple thing, im not plaing on doing anything crazy with it.

Radio Control Trucker
07-27-2013, 02:11 PM
Hitec Laser 4 or Laser 6 is about $120-$160US and a Futaba Skysport 4 or 6 should only cost about $130-$180US. These are for the new systems including TX/RX, batteries, servo's, & charger. They're available in both 75mHz & 35mHz. :)

I personally use the Skysport 4 & 6 units on my trucks. 75mHz, works pretty well. I've just recently acquired a Hitec Laser 4. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, so I can't vouch for it (but it looks to be a good radio). :cool:

- RCT

Izzy
07-27-2013, 07:03 PM
I highly suggest that you spend some cash and get 2.4gz and avoid crystals - I love my spectrums. Not for everybody - I get it - but a computer radio with programmable trims end points etc is well worth the cash.

Radio Control Trucker
07-27-2013, 07:10 PM
2.4gHz is probably the best alternative. I use the 75mHz because it's what I started with and I just can't afford to change all of my equipment over to the 2.4 (it's out of my budget right now).

If you can afford to do, Izzy's right. Get the better radio's to start with.

- RCT

cosworth34677
07-27-2013, 07:33 PM
well i have two computer radio's a futaba t6j and a flysky 9x , and there both 2.4ghz
i do like the specktrums but need something little more rugget