PDA

View Full Version : New Guy in Louisiana

bartles
11-17-2013, 02:48 PM
I just signed on with the forum and have enjoyed looking around at rc dragline projects. I grew up in the excavating business, my father owned Koehring, Unit, Northwest, Lorain, Lima and Insley draglines, in the 1/2 to 3/4 yd size. I am considering build a rc controlled dragline so this forum is an excellent source of information.

I fly rc helicopters, but have grown tired of them..I sort of plateaued with my flying (due to eyesight issues) abilities so its time to move on. I have a very nicely equipped shop with welding and machining capability so I have the stuff to tackle such a project.......just trying to build up courage to get started!!

Any and all suggestions are appreciated,

bartles:)

Smiley
11-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Welcome to the forum :D. I'm not to far from ya. I live north of Farmerville

Keith

doodlebug
11-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Welcome aboard!
Cheers, Neil.

modelman
11-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Bartles-welcome-you have come to a great place for modeling. I live in Al. and my main interest is draglines and rope shovels. I have built a dragline and a Marion shovel model but I had to give it up because of eye problems. I am sitting here going crazy with nothing to do so I may possibly start another project but I doubt it will get finished. Send me a p.m. if you want to talk more on this.