PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Western Norway

Rimrock
01-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Hi, my name is Oyvind,born 1972, out of Western Norway. I am working as an design engineer in the field of offshore steel structures, for a drilling rig operator.

In my spare time I like to spend time in my basement hobby room, where I got a couple of lathes and cnc mill. At the moment I am mostly into construction machinery and trucks in 1:14. My father has been operating a smaller 'backhoe establishment' for many years, and thats mainly how I got my interest in construction machinery.
I also have an interest into scale steam engines, but that's on a hold for now;) I am self-thought on the tool machines, don't have any special training or work experience in that field, but always been fascinated.

It's great to see what others are fiddling around with concerning the hobby world wide, and to exchange some ideas)

best regards
Oyvind

doodlebug
01-19-2014, 10:01 PM
Welcome aboard!
Cheer's, Neil.

Lil Giants
01-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Welcome to our forum Oyvind. :)

The ppl I bought my farmyard from, their son went to Norway 30yrs ago to work on the offshore drilling rigs, he married a girl from there & stayed... have you came across the name Bolianatz? I don't recall the oil company he was with.