PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Glad to be a member

thebigo
01-22-2014, 01:47 PM
I haven't got into the Hobby yet but, researching to find out the best route.
You guy's certainly have a lot of cool trucks and equipment, I am very Impressed!!
Currently I am looking at the chinese models, but I have found them very difficult to buy, for peace of mind with my money? Looking at the excavator and 8x8 armageddon, from RC4WD.
Do you guy's have any suggestions? I like quality, and I know europe Models have very detailed equipment, but I think I want start out with lesser quality first. I do want hydraulics, metal, and RTR. Been looking for used , but it seems they are hard to come by?

doodlebug
01-22-2014, 09:16 PM
Welcome aboard!
Cheers, Neil.

Lil Giants
01-23-2014, 03:20 AM
Well the China company is getting better with its reliability in their models, but it still seems a crapshoot whether you'll get one that works reasonably well from the start or plagued with numerous problems.

Fumotec aint so high on detail, but being lazer cut steel & powerful hydraulic systems makes them mid range priced at 5-6K per kit (assembly required) and a whole lot of BANG for your buck! If you seriously didn't want to build it yourself, then I'm sure some one (probably not far from you either) would put it together for a reasonable cost & just for the sake of the enjoyment of the build as well. But really they are quite simple to put together, if you have any mechanic abilities at all.

Welcome to the forum. :)

thebigo
01-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Thank's for the Info Lil Giants,
and the welcome doodlebug
If I may ask how is the Carson Loader?

woodhog
01-24-2014, 08:21 AM
I love my Carson loader ,,its got the hydros and I think its a nice model for the price. Welcome

Radio Control Trucker
01-24-2014, 02:08 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry I can't help with the construction equipment questions; I run the tractor-trailers.

https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/941596_466675026757094_743589304_n.jpg

- RCT