PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone! i am a new member ironman111364

ironman111364
02-06-2014, 09:54 AM
hello, I am very excited about being a member I think this site is awesome! i have been into r/c for about twenty years my favorite has always been big rigs and heavy equipment! i hope we can help each other with different projects. its always nice to see other peoples builds i think that makes it an even more exciting! hobby everyone builds differently i am finally getting some time to spend with my projects and this site is perfect for me to share this wonderful and exciting hobby with other great people from around the world. i will be posting some pics of my first steps at a dozer conversion (bruder) hopefully very soon. i would like to offer my condolences to everyone who new and loved freddygeardrive i never had the pleasure but if i did i would have been honored to have known him truly a genius and a master at his craft. god bless you peace and love always!
take care everyone.

doodlebug
02-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Welcome aboard!
Cheers, Neil.

ironman111364
02-06-2014, 04:00 PM
thanks for welcoming me aboard! I cant wait to start posting my build pics

flatdeck
02-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Glad you want to play with us... Welcome

Wayne

ironman111364
02-06-2014, 04:15 PM
thanks wayne I cant wait to get rolling! :bounce:

pumptech
02-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the forum :D which bruder dozer do you have the little D5 or the big D10 ,good luck with it

ironman111364
02-06-2014, 05:12 PM
its the BIG d10 dozer I am gathering the electrics and drive motors now I am going to run hen long tank drives for the tracks! any ideas about the drives do you think they will work well? I am always open to any ideas! thanks

pumptech
02-06-2014, 09:23 PM
its the BIG d10 dozer I am gathering the electrics and drive motors now I am going to run hen long tank drives for the tracks! any ideas about the drives do you think they will work well? I am always open to any ideas! thanks

I to have been wanting to convert the new bruder dozer for a while ,just been very busy lately ,mabey sometime this year .
Well I don't know much about the hen long tanks drives ,never owned a rc tank ,not familiar with the power they would put out .
Honestly I think a pair of hitech 755mg servos converted to 360 (if they would fit )or a pair of 200 oz torque or more metal gearmotors encased in a piece of pipe would work better,just my opinion though :D

Well good luck with it ,have fun :D
Tommy

ironman111364
02-06-2014, 10:36 PM
hi tom, thanks for the input I like the idea of the geared motors encased in a pipe! have you ever done this before how do you mount the motors inside the pipe? and where would I find them ? I appreciate all your helpful ideas thanks again jim

pumptech
02-07-2014, 08:08 PM
hi tom, thanks for the input I like the idea of the geared motors encased in a pipe! have you ever done this before how do you mount the motors inside the pipe? and where would I find them ? I appreciate all your helpful ideas thanks again jim

Yea,I built the Bruder Liebheer wheel loader a couple of years ago ,I installed the motors that way ,Check out sites like robotmarketplace and servo city
I used this type of motor http://www.robotmarketplace.com/products/0-BHG31.html ,its shows to be on backorder ,servo city may have something simular

ironman111364
02-08-2014, 02:25 AM
thanks a lot for the info on the geared motors and the links they will be a big help. I will keep you posted on my progress! with the d11 thanks again for all your help jim:D