PDA

View Full Version : hello

robcakes
02-18-2014, 10:47 PM
hello everyone , my name is rob , i live in Queensland , Australia but originally from Tasmania , i found this site a few weeks ago looking at oztrucks international r , just fantastic craftmanship , i grew up next to a sand mine as a child and whenever they unloaded the cat 955 traxcavator to start digging it was just great , lots of internationals c and r series and accos , before school and weekends spent with the drivers and used to wait in the freezing dark for the loader operator to arrrive of a morning , probably the happiest most simplified time of my life , pre mortgage , relationships , jobs etc , anyways i have been concentrating recently on 1/35 military kits ,i started a 1/16 cat 955 years ago out of styrene using parts from a motorized tonka , i only got as far as the undercarriage , and have had a b61 smith miller cab for a few years that i want to turn into a working r/c model , done a few boats over the years but i tend to start things and not finish , i have a heng long pershing which is fun but the dream is a mack b61 prime mover or international r towing a low loader with a cat 955 on it , anyways enough from me , i have great admiration for the builders on here , very very inspiring and i like how helpful everone is ..... :)

Lil Giants
02-19-2014, 10:10 AM
Welcome to the forum Rob. :)

Watching equipment operate has always been a favorite pastime for me as well... operating it is a blast too. :D

RCP57
02-19-2014, 10:12 AM
Welcome to the forum! Maybe this will help motivate you to finish your 955...http://rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=2340&highlight=kitty It's not the best or most detailed build/model but it may give you some ideas...

Reg

Radio Control Trucker
02-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

- RCT

robcakes
02-19-2014, 09:11 PM
Welcome to the forum Rob. :)

Watching equipment operate has always been a favorite pastime for me as well... operating it is a blast too. :D

bo the cat operator used to let me operate the levers , it was great , couldn,t reach the pedals though , i have a skw truck in the phillipines carting sugar , one day i will get a license to operate and maybe buy up a real 955 :)

robcakes
02-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Welcome to the forum! Maybe this will help motivate you to finish your 955...http://rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=2340&highlight=kitty It's not the best or most detailed build/model but it may give you some ideas...

Reg

hi Reg , thanks , i will have a look at that .....:)

robcakes
02-19-2014, 10:18 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

- RCT

thanks RCT:)

robcakes
02-19-2014, 10:40 PM
Hi Rob, welcome. Glad you like the R190 it is my favourite drive. If you need any help all you have to do is ask.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris , thanks for the offer , u should be mighty proud of your r190 , the guys at the sand mine had one with the caterpillar badge on it, a r200 something i guess , so it was like the best of both worlds , i was looking at a cottonwood acres version on ebay last week but it got too rich for me , i have a shapeways mack r coming though , maybe when i am richer i may see if u do commision work , anyways thanks for the welcome ....:)

doodlebug
02-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Welcome aboard!
Cheers, Neil.

robcakes
02-21-2014, 12:56 AM

Reg

Hi Reg , had a look , that's fantastic ,love the vids , very inspiring thank Rob:drool::drool:

robcakes
02-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Welcome aboard!
Cheers, Neil.

thanks for the welcome Neil , some very talented craftsman here :)

flatdeck
02-25-2014, 11:16 PM
Rob Glad you wanted to come and play with us.. Welcome..

Wayne