PDA

View Full Version : newb ?'s from pa USA

vicstag
02-19-2014, 11:46 AM
First hello to all kinda new to rc completely new to big rig rc I'm want to buy the king hauler black edition who should I buy from I see on eBay a combo with mfu for about 600 or 700 is mfu worth getting or overkill I plan on buying some extended frame rails what ones should I buy I've been reading everyone's Build's here for about a year and the skill here is unbelievable thanks for all your help

woodhog
02-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Welcome to the board:D Steves rails are top notch they are milled so the taper at the end is part of it. A mfu is a very nice addition you will definitely like it. East coast truckers has a lot of active members and a great group of guys be sure to check their shows out and meet them ;)

hammer
02-19-2014, 06:29 PM
Welcome to the club. Steve has a lot of great stuff other then rails you won't be disappointed. Including Steve there are guys here who can make custom parts for you just go to the vendor section.

TONY

ihbuilder
02-19-2014, 07:05 PM
where in PA ?

Chris,Tony , thanks for the vote of confidence :)

cabs
02-19-2014, 08:11 PM
We have a meet March 15th. Check out the east coast mini trucker section.Its a fun hobby, enjoy

doodlebug
02-19-2014, 10:45 PM
Welcome aboard!
Cheers, Neil.

vicstag
02-20-2014, 01:12 AM
Thanks everyone I'm in Lancaster PA area currently I'm recovering from injury from work been through 2 surgeries sounds like more to go so at this point I cant travel to much I'm trying to build (currently a buddy/son does assembly for me) a truck for my mom who drove long haul otr 18wheeler for 25 yrs when I was younger I loved riding with her she is no longer drives otr/18wheeler we had a primitive rc bigrig when I was young and spent hours competing backing in to homemade docks and now with the builds I see here I would love to give her a truck to use she always talks about our times with old rc

vicstag
02-20-2014, 01:35 AM
The truck she drove and liked the most was 87 international eagle it was hers and it had 187 chicken lites and more chrome then you could believe I got lots of allowance for ppolishing it not sure we can handle that much detail and lm fairly new to rc so I was thinking the one on eBay may be a good start the other sites I use for my axial wraith don't list the black edition and want way more without mfu so all advice is greatly appreciated thank you