PDA

View Full Version : new member from the Edmonton area.

rcluv
03-15-2014, 07:31 PM
Good day all. I think your guys hobbie is incredible. I do have some questions though. What would be the cost in making one of these sweet units? I would love to make one of my first Kenworth 4071

ekim
03-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Rcluv,

It is a trick question at this point. Depending on the metal/plastic model you choose to go with it can range from as little as 400.00 for plastic and much more than that for the metal (wedico) type models. Thas is ofcourse just for the truck itself...then you have to have your radios (tx) recievers (rx) and any other hop ups/ upgrades that you may do.... so in the interest of trying to keep the cost down.... I will give you what I feel is a safe estimate ( what I have spend this month alone building my first truck and I have cut a few corners) you are looking at between 700 and 800 minimum..... I am at 1400.00 and have not even ran the truck yet..... like I said though I have cut a FEW corners.....not all.... hopped up motor, upgraded ESC, batteries chargers etc.....hope this rambling session helped

Michael

doodlebug
03-15-2014, 11:43 PM
Welcome aboard!
Cheer's, Neil.

flatdeck
03-16-2014, 08:11 AM
Glad you wanted to come and play with us..
Welcome..
On your question it will depend on you budget... As Michael said the basic kit is around 400. but some of or members will tell you it is not hard to get to 2500. if you do not control you wants.. I would start by reading a lot of the builds by different members to see what you want on your truck from stock to modified, how much bling you want, look at some of the member post who make things for the trucks like Steve at IBH, or Russ at True Scale, or Ric at Garden trucking,

Wayne