PDA

View Full Version : Back Again

rctrucker2
05-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Hello to all. I have been away from the RC semi-truck side of the hobby for several years while I was racing touring, buggy and short coarse truck and now find that at 70 I can no longer keep up with the younger guys and it is time to hang it up. I saw an ad for the Tamiya Freightliner Cascadia and the semi-truck adrenaline started flowing big time and that cinched it, I am selling out my racing stuff and moving on to the semi-truck side. Years ago I was a member of Lil Giants board and Garden Trucking board and enjoyed it very much. I was very pleased to see Lil Giant is a member here as he was very helpful to me in building my King Hauler and trailer back then. I need to sell a bunch of stuff before I can start on the new truck but in the mean time I will be gathering as much information as I can on building the Cascadia. I am looking forward to learning a lot from the very talented members of this board.

Stuff
05-08-2014, 08:34 PM
welcome back!

doodlebug
05-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Welcome aboard!
Cheers, Neil.

ekim
05-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Welcome back. I wont be much help, but I am very encouraging LOl Welcome RCT2

Lil Giants
05-09-2014, 12:06 AM
I recognised your username & email right away last night too, Loyld was your 1st name, correct? It'll blow your mind to see how much the hobby has changed is the few yrs you've been absent... good to see your return to such a great past time. :cool:

rctrucker2
05-09-2014, 01:21 AM
I recognised your username & email right away last night too, Loyld was your 1st name, correct? It'll blow your mind to see how much the hobby has changed is the few yrs you've been absent... good to see your return to such a great past time. :cool:

Hi Joe, glad to be back with you again. Yes things have changed a lot and I will have some catching up to do. Did you ever get that basement dug out? I remember seeing all those pictures of the ramps and trucks hauling dirt up the ramps and outside to dump. I never did finish up that flatbed that I was building from a Tamiya van kit. I got it out today and took inventory and hope to get started on it next week. I am looking forward to building the Freightliner Cascadia soon. Driving slow will be good for a change. I am sure I can keep the shinny side up with the semis.
Well, I am glad you remember me but I have always gone by LD, not Lloyd but that is OK. You take care.

rctrucker2
05-09-2014, 01:23 AM
Welcome back. I wont be much help, but I am very encouraging LOl Welcome RCT2

Welcome aboard!
Cheers, Neil.

Thank you for the welcome guys.

Exclusive RC
05-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Welcome bud!

1985 kenworth
05-20-2014, 12:38 AM
welcome back ..sometimes the second time around is better :D

rctrucker2
05-20-2014, 01:21 AM
Welcome bud!

welcome back ..sometimes the second time around is better :D

Thanks guys. I have been reading a lot of the board threads and am learning a lot. There sure is a bunch of talent here and some very impressive rigs.